• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2019

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a great night out last night. I was doing alright, but my putting was pretty awful. I think playing on a course with really fast greens on Tuesday had me afraid to hit the ball on the greens yesterday.

also, an 8 on the last hole. I would like to have that one back.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently joined a club where they had a PGA championship in the 1980s.

Didn’t break 80 until last weekend and shot 1 over 72 two days ago. Sweet track but hard as hell. Might be the hardest course I’ve ever played right next to Kiawah island ocean course.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently joined a club where they had a PGA championship in the 1980s.

Didn’t break 80 until last weekend and shot 1 over 72 two days ago. Sweet track but hard as hell. Might be the hardest course I’ve ever played right next to Kiawah island ocean course.

You bailed on Craig Ranch?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bailed on Craig Ranch?

No sir heading out there now in some heat to hit this driver vs old 910 titleist.

Joined another in Oklahoma as a national member so the initiation and dues are doable while business is good. ;)

You still got the invite to CR my man.

I got the life right now for sure.

#blessed

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir heading out there now in some heat to hit this driver vs old 910 titleist.

Joined another in Oklahoma as a national member so the initiation and dues are doable while business is good. ;)

You still got the invite to CR my man.

I got the life right now for sure.

#blessed

Oh...yes indeed you do have the life! I'm happy to hear it!

Don't be surprised if you get a DM from me looking to get down there.

I'm starting to have thoughts about moving on from my little club...new owners and they are pumping money into the place, but imo the wrong places. Renovated the clubhouse, new carts, expanded grill and beer taps, but nothing to the course yet.

The course only needs some cart path updating and re-sod about 5 teeboxes with a shad tolerant grass. Expanded grill and draft taps are nice, but I get the same thing I always got anyway.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...yes indeed you do have the life! I'm happy to hear it!

Don't be surprised if you get a DM from me looking to get down there.

I'm starting to have thoughts about moving on from my little club...new owners and they are pumping money into the place, but imo the wrong places. Renovated the clubhouse, new carts, expanded grill and beer taps, but nothing to the course yet.

The course only needs some cart path updating and re-sod about 5 teeboxes with a shad tolerant grass. Expanded grill and draft taps are nice, but I get the same thing I always got anyway.

Cmon down just give me a heads up so I’m in town

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played average yesterday but had a decent scoring round going. You guessed...bogeyed 18 for 39-41 80 Shit!

...but ya know this happened so I would have broken 80 if that dreaded of all things didn't pop up; a ball lost in play. On 15 I pushed my drive to the right . There's a large group of trees beside the 14th tee. It was one of those shots that after you hit it you step over to the left side of the tee and watch it. I saw it drop down between the trees and take a hop in the grass beside the tee where three young fellows were teeing off. You can punch it up to near the front of the green from there. We arrived and they claimed that they never saw it. I'm certain that I saw it fall straight down. Well it vanished and after a desperate search knowing that I was scoring so well, I had to return to the tee. Bogeyed from there for a 7. Those 2 strokes would have come in handy on the card.

Anyway, not a bad score inside of 3 months on the hip. I hit 4 up and downs from 50ft in the same round though so just one of those days when you have the touch.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...still wonder if it didn't end up in one of the them boy's pocket. The whole area is manicured grass.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played average yesterday but had a decent scoring round going. You guessed...bogeyed 18 for 39-41 80 Shit!

...but ya know this happened so I would have broken 80 if that dreaded of all things didn't pop up; a ball lost in play. On 15 I pushed my drive to the right . There's a large group of trees beside the 14th tee. It was one of those shots that after you hit it you step over to the left side of the tee and watch it. I saw it drop down between the trees and take a hop in the grass beside the tee where three young fellows were teeing off. You can punch it up to near the front of the green from there. We arrived and they claimed that they never saw it. I'm certain that I saw it fall straight down. Well it vanished and after a desperate search knowing that I was scoring so well, I had to return to the tee. Bogeyed from there for a 7. Those 2 strokes would have come in handy on the card.

Anyway, not a bad score inside of 3 months on the hip. I hit 4 up and downs from 50ft in the same round though so just one of those days when you have the touch.
Must not be a busy course if you can return to the tee box. If you were positive it stayed in play, i would have let you drop it where you thought it landed.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must not be a busy course if you can return to the tee box. If you were positive it stayed in play, i would have let you drop it where you thought it landed.

and i should have added "and a high likelihood another player took your ball"

Not an uncommon occurrence on a public course.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Question...I know is wasn't deemed OB, but if that area where you saw it drop down could've been agreed upon by your playing partners, could you have dropped and played 4 from there under '19 rules?

Still...as you said, 80 only a couple of mos+ after hip replacement is playing some good golf.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i should have added "and a high likelihood another player took your ball"

Not an uncommon occurrence on a public course.

Well....NE plays country club golf...we play public tracks :D.

We just had something like that happen as well and we allowed the player to drop and hit 4 since we never found it...I'm thinking the new rule for '19 also covers lost ball not deemed to be in a penalty area.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question...I know is wasn't deemed OB, but if that area where you saw it drop down could've been agreed upon by your playing partners, could you have dropped and played 4 from there under '19 rules?

Still...as you said, 80 only a couple of mos+ after hip replacement is playing some good golf.

I guess I should look into that. So you take a two stroke penalty to drop, correct? But then, after re-teeing, I was in the fairway hitting shot #4 with a clear shot to the green. If I had dropped, I was looking at a punch out.

80 only a couple of mos+ after hip replacement is playing some good golf

I really can't complain. I'll break 80 some time this summer if I can keep this damn wrist pain down to dull.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should look into that. So you take a two stroke penalty to drop, correct? But then, after re-teeing, I was in the fairway hitting shot #4 with a clear shot to the green. If I had dropped, I was looking at a punch out.

80 only a couple of mos+ after hip replacement is playing some good golf

I really can't complain. I'll break 80 some time this summer if I can keep this damn wrist pain down to dull.

Yes, to take the distance it's two strokes I'm pretty sure under the '19 rules, but if your drop position was only going to leave you with a punch out 4th, then re-teeing obviously was the play as long as you don't put it over there again....like I've done...:D

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another ho hum score yesterday 83, but broke ground by walking my first 18 holes of the year so that was an accomplishment. I'm gonna be sore today but I just wanted to finish the course.

...and if you recall, our front side has some significant elevation changes.

0FG7RbE.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, after my last 2 rounds being 92, I was under 90 again last week...44-43...had 3 birdie hit the hole and lip out Sat....when you're just hoping to make par...lo and behold, I get a birdie on 18.

Par 5, 536 yds...Drive, decent distance, but too much fade left me snuckered behind a tree, so I punched a low 5i under the limbs about 150 yds but in the fairway....now about 208 to the center. From a side hill lie I hit 3 wood realizing I might not get much height on it....ball landed about 20 yds short, bounced up on the green and tracking towards the flag, but too hot, it ran thru to the fringe...maybe 18' for birdie and made it to tie the overall and keep my playing competitor out of my pocket!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On #12 yesterday my two buddies pipe nice drives while I sky mine 150 yds out. I've got 220 left into a bit of wind and choke a 3 wood. Pured it straight up the tongue and it came to rest 15ft past the hole.

They both bunker and make bogey and double bogey to my two putt par.

Crazy game!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On #12 yesterday my two buddies pipe nice drives while I sky mine 150 yds out. I've got 220 left into a bit of wind and choke a 3 wood. Pured it straight up the tongue and it came to rest 15ft past the hole.

They both bunker and make bogey and double bogey to my two putt par.

Crazy game!

Crazy game is right...the only reason I was able to squeak out a tie, on the same par 5 18th hole John decided to go for the green with his 2nd (no reason, he had me by 4 shots)...pumped it OB, reloads and hits a nice one about 40 yds short of the green...he went at a back pin and didn't get it to grab, now he's over the back short sided...went on to post a triple, coupled with my 1 under on the hole, we tied.

Good to hear you're already walking the course again!

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Striking the ball better, but still not scoring better....grrr.

Shot a 44 over nine yesterday, but i had to sink two long putts on the 8th and 9th holes to do it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Striking the ball better, but still not scoring better....grrr.

Shot a 44 over nine yesterday, but i had to sink two long putts on the 8th and 9th holes to do it.

I know the feeling, how we got there matters, but they all count.

My crew are out of town this weekend and I'm interested to see if I will back up my 87...walking on...right now I'm in the 3rd in a 3some. Reunion Golf Club is the track today...in our rotation, imo nicer than our home member track (greens still wacked from May aeration) this one still has bent greens, challenging, lots of elevation change...off at 8:12 to beat most of the heat...we shall see how I do.