• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 2: Sharks vs Red Wings

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hope Marleau doesn't waive his NMC... I wouldn't. Not his fault his GM lost touch with reality 2-3 years ago.

Just fire Dougie, get rid of dead weight, aka "Dougie's boys" (Huskins, Wallin, Eager, Mitchell, Mayers, McGinn, etc.), sign Nolan to a 1-year minimum wage contract (now that the one stubborn fuck who wouldn't sign him is gone), etc.

After we all have our way with his wife, I doubt he will want to stay... :whoo:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't always feel this way, but I'd actually try to keep Mitchell now. If I could keep the Wellwood-Pavelski-Mitchell line together for next season, I would. That's a cheap, effective line that has proven they deserve a shot to stay together. Wallin and Huskins will not be back (otherwise I'll kill somebody). I wouldn't mind keeping Eager if he remains cheap. McGinn and Mayers can and should go as well.

re: Mitchell, I don't dislike the guy as much as I used to but doesn't he make (relatively) a bit too much money (and produces almost nothing, to use the #1 rules metric out there, salary-to-points.. haha!)?

Eager to me is just a (mostly mental) liability... I'd only remember him for having taken untimely penalties all the time and being mostly lazy out there... the highlight goal was nice but ehh.. just doesn't seem like a very bright guy out there... and takes shifts off which is never good for his "role"...

McGinn is a huge bust, yeah...

And Mayers is a nice guy but a well-below-average hockey player... 1/10th the player Nolan is, but anyway... I'm just comparing the two because the wrong one was picked over the other and I can never let it go...

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re: Mitchell, I don't dislike the guy as much as I used to but doesn't he make (relatively) a bit too much money (and produces almost nothing, to use the #1 rules metric out there, salary-to-points.. haha!)?

Eager to me is just a (mostly mental) liability... I'd only remember him for having taken untimely penalties all the time and being mostly lazy out there... the highlight goal was nice but ehh.. just doesn't seem like a very bright guy out there... and takes shifts off which is never good for his "role"...

McGinn is a huge bust, yeah...

And Mayers is a nice guy but a well-below-average hockey player... 1/10th the player Nolan is, but anyway... I'm just comparing the two because the wrong one was picked over the other and I can never let it go...

100% agree down the board. I have always liked Mitchell but I think he's just had a hard time recovering from having his twig snapped.. but he's starting to look like he did. I dont think he belongs on the top two lines, but I like his hustle, PK, faceoffs, and he doesn't cost too much.

Eager - I don't get it. He looked pretty good in the regular season but his PO performance doesn't merit much of a second look.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving the round 2 MVP award to Nemo. Four one goal wins and we know DET had their fair share of chances on net. The PK was good when it had to be and Niemi was a big part of that. A number of clutch saves in the OT periods to allow the Sharks to win those games. Great rebound performance from the shaky Kings series.

HM: Thornton, Couture, Vlasic

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm giving the round 2 MVP award to Nemo. Four one goal wins and we know DET had their fair share of chances on net. The PK was good when it had to be and Niemi was a big part of that. A number of clutch saves in the OT periods to allow the Sharks to win those games. Great rebound performance from the shaky Kings series.

HM: Thornton, Couture, Vlasic

gotta add Gooch to that one. 5 goals and 6 pts in 7 games is pretty impressive and a monster performance in game 7 scoring the first key goal with the PP, and then making a great play down the wing to set up the tap in. he really stepped up after a disappointing opening round (aside from the OT win).

it really was a team effort. I would give the MVP to Jumbo but nemo is right up there, no doubt. However, Jumbo was battling against the top detroit forwards, a monster in the circle, physical, two-way committed, and he's the captain who got the sharks going this game and cooled down the team as needed. Gotta tip your hat to the captain...