• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 2: (2) Pittsburgh v. (1) Washington

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still get pissed off by the ridiculously long stretch of 55 MPH around Pittsburgh. The signs say it will be something like 23 miles and it ends up bein 50 :gaah:

It's really over the top...but I do get it during rush hour. Washington to Cranberry from like 3-6:30pm is hell. That said, I've nevvvver abided by the 55mph there.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really over the top...but I do get it during rush hour. Washington to Cranberry from like 3-6:30pm is hell. That said, I've nevvvver abided by the 55mph there.
Yeah, if you aren't going at least 65, cars are whizzing by you.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, if you aren't going at least 65, cars are whizzing by you.

I'm usually going through in the middle of the night, so I don't have the flow of traffic to work with.

When you're the only car on the road and the Highway Patrol is struggling to stay awake, you're a target.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's send them Ben Lovejoy then. I'd like to see Pouliot get a full season, and I'd rather it not be at Daley's expense.

The Blackhawks offer Brian Bickell and Michael Roszival to the Avalanche for....

...A candy bar?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually going through in the middle of the night, so I don't have the flow of traffic to work with.

When you're the only car on the road and the Highway Patrol is struggling to stay awake, you're a target.

Isn't there like a Waze forum you two could go chat on? :noidea: :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Missed this last night after the Kessel goal that made it 1-0

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have great news for you: Ben Lovejoy's contract is up after this season. Pens UFAs: Lovejoy, Cullen (I think this may be it for him though, there was comments from a teammate during playoffs that indicate he's retiring), Zatkoff, Kevin Porter, Tom Sestito, Kael Moullerat. RFAs: Schultz, Bennett. They're in a good place.

Lovejoy: Let him walk, unless we can sign him at a reasonable cost and trade him for an asset.
Cullen: If he wants to play, I think it gets done at a fractional raise, 1yr deal. He can still play and if he wants to, I say let him. But if he's looking to cash in on this year's performance, we have to let him walk.
Bennett / Shultz: I'd like to see both back, at a reasonable cost. They are both projects at this point, but I don't think they're getting big offers anywhere lese.

All the others are completely expendable. I would also see if we could get some assets for Kunitz, and/or Fehr to make room for Sprong if he's ready.

I wonder what our cap hit looks like currently? Any big raises next year? Maatta maybe?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick away, man. We've seen this movie too many times to actually believe the ending will change. It won't.

Until it does, of course, and they surprise us all. And this is why we fans are stupid, we always get sucked into believing. :)
Nah I'm not interested in kicking anyone. If anything I feel for you guys because you don't deserve it. OV certainly deserves to catch some luck and the other stars on that team didn't pull their weight. Kuznetsov in particular. I wonder if he may had been playing injured?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I'm not interested in kicking anyone. If anything I feel for you guys because you don't deserve it. OV certainly deserves to catch some luck and the other stars on that team didn't pull their weight. Kuznetsov in particular. I wonder if he may had been playing injured?

Been wondering that myself. It sure seemed like it because he was just not himself for about the last 20 games of the regular season and then the playoffs. I just hope he isn't catching Seminitis.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Earring fan?

/I've been driving all night my hands wet on the wheel...

It seems like maybe you and sabresfan have got a wave in the air?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovejoy: Let him walk, unless we can sign him at a reasonable cost and trade him for an asset.
Cullen: If he wants to play, I think it gets done at a fractional raise, 1yr deal. He can still play and if he wants to, I say let him. But if he's looking to cash in on this year's performance, we have to let him walk.
Bennett / Shultz: I'd like to see both back, at a reasonable cost. They are both projects at this point, but I don't think they're getting big offers anywhere lese.

All the others are completely expendable. I would also see if we could get some assets for Kunitz, and/or Fehr to make room for Sprong if he's ready.

I wonder what our cap hit looks like currently? Any big raises next year? Maatta maybe?

I was discussing this with someone today, Kunitz I'd definitely move. Fehr is on a great deal. Maatta new deal takes up all cap space, so they'd have to move a contract if they really want to add. But having some young guys on cheap deals will be very helpful. Kuhnackel, Rust, Sundqvist, Wilson, Sprong will all be cheap up front.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Pens chase Holtby in game 5. I want this to be certain. I'm too nervous with all the Caps' talent.

Also, I have what I think is a pretty clever victory post to make. I want to make that victory post. I don't want to make it prematurely, though, and be made to look like a fool. We all know what sort of track record NostraDarkstone has.
Did I miss your victory post? :pop2:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been wondering that myself. It sure seemed like it because he was just not himself for about the last 20 games of the regular season and then the playoffs. I just hope he isn't catching Seminitis.

I doubt it, if anything it was youth more than anything for Kuznetsov and Burakovsky. I see no reason the Caps can't be better next year which is scary for the rest of the league.

Speaking of that sperm wad...I love the fact the guy washed out in the NHL and becomes a playoff hero in the KHL.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like the scientific name for male sterility or a newly discovered STD.:yo:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't excuses. The penguins have played better than we have. It's as simple as that and it is probably the hardest thing for fans of any team to accept when its true.

What amazes me is the Capitals signed Niskanen & Orpik away from the Penguins 2 offseasons ago & the Penguins D looks better than the Caps. I really thought Washington would have an edge in this series on defense & that wasn't the case.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What amazes me is the Capitals signed Niskanen & Orpik away from the Penguins 2 offseasons ago & the Penguins D looks better than the Caps. I really thought Washington would have an edge in this series on defense & that wasn't the case.

On paper, the Pens D should be a weakness...but, it's looked pretty solid this postseason. A big part of that is Murray of course, but it's also because they just know their job is to get the puck and skate, skate, skate. Niskanen was pretty dang good in the series, I thought (even though he was on the ice for both OT GWG), but Orpik was everything I thought he would be. Guy is just toast. Even at his peak, his calling card was being a stay at home defenseman who relied on positioning and making smart choices, not necessarily skating/puck handling/athleticism. Issue with those kind of guys is that when your speed starts to go more and more, you can't go out of position to make that hit (which was alllllways his achielle's heel) because you don't have the speed or ability to get back into the play. I dunno, I'm hard on the guy because even though he was a very important part of that '09 team, his personality and comments in the years after were maddening. He's Mr. Media, holds nothing back, etc. Which is all fine and dandy except when he's spending time calling out everyone but himself.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, the Pens D should be a weakness...but, it's looked pretty solid this postseason. A big part of that is Murray of course, but it's also because they just know their job is to get the puck and skate, skate, skate. Niskanen was pretty dang good in the series, I thought (even though he was on the ice for both OT GWG), but Orpik was everything I thought he would be. Guy is just toast. Even at his peak, his calling card was being a stay at home defenseman who relied on positioning and making smart choices, not necessarily skating/puck handling/athleticism. Issue with those kind of guys is that when your speed starts to go more and more, you can't go out of position to make that hit (which was alllllways his achielle's heel) because you don't have the speed or ability to get back into the play. I dunno, I'm hard on the guy because even though he was a very important part of that '09 team, his personality and comments in the years after were maddening. He's Mr. Media, holds nothing back, etc. Which is all fine and dandy except when he's spending time calling out everyone but himself.

There was one game in the series in which I think Washington had something like 5 or 6 shots through 2 periods. That's ridiculous for a team as talented up front as Washington is. The Pens were just to fast & quick for them.