• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 1 (via trade) Denver selects: Paxton Lynch

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to remember is that by letting Osweiler walk the Broncos get back a late 3rd round pick just like we gave up to get Lynch. So our old QB helps us to get back what we spent to get our new QB and at the same time we save ridiculous money doing so. Osweiler $18 million a year where Lynch will cost us about $2.35 million a year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I see Dan Marino accuracy of the long ball ..

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans can often be stupid - part of why I enjoy watching games at home. So don't let them bother you! ;)

100% agree to let him develop at the team's pace.

I wish they would develop him for all 16 season but, in today's fan culture Sanchez stinks play backup.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talked to my brother out in Castle Pines, he said it is snowing and is 38 degrees. Could get near 10 inches of snow, he said some parts might get 20 inches of snow.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would have been a terrible year to have the draft in Denver! Rockies day game yesterday was postponed due to snow and cold. I live about 25 miles south of Castle Pines. We probably have 8" of snow so far and it's still snowing. Very wet stuff, only 38 degrees.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talked to my brother out in Castle Pines, he said it is snowing and is 38 degrees. Could get near 10 inches of snow, he said some parts might get 20 inches of snow.

Yeah I heard some major snow could be moving in once again. Where I am at we have had rain every day for like 3 weeks other than maybe one day a week. I'm not complaining as we needed it big time being in a huge drought but man it has made golfing a little more of a challenge.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Renck, the Broncos had Wentz with the highest grade - and had Lynch with the same grade as Goff. That will be interesting to watch the three of them develop.

yes indeed but, at least we didn't mortage our future like those teams did.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would have been a terrible year to have the draft in Denver! Rockies day game yesterday was postponed due to snow and cold. I live about 25 miles south of Castle Pines. We probably have 8" of snow so far and it's still snowing. Very wet stuff, only 38 degrees.

Tunsil would have dropped farther in draft too if draft was in Denver :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best things about drafting Lynch - are the teams who reportedly wanted to trade up to get him - the Chiefs and the Cowboys to name a couple.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Teicher a big time writer for the Chiefs today tweeted that the Chiefs tampering violation cost them Paxton Lynch because they didn't have the draft picks to trade up and get him like they needed. Obviously Chiefs fans didn't like reading that so didn't respond well to his tweet but I think it does show once again just how much the Chiefs really liked this guy.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best things about drafting Lynch - are the teams who reportedly wanted to trade up to get him - the Chiefs and the Cowboys to name a couple.

According to the fans at Arrowhead Addict, Dorsey "faked" Elway into trading up. They've completely ignored the Cowboys interest in Lynch and claim it was all Dorsey "faking" Elway. But Dorsey had the Chiefs trading out of the first round almost IMMEDIATELY upon the Broncos pick of Lynch was announced. They clearly had something worked out if the guy they wanted wasn't available at 28. They could have traded back at any time, but waited until Lynch was no longer on the board. When he wasn't they didn't even wait until they were on the clock (which is pretty standard) they were out of the first immediately. Elway beat them to Lynch. Good for Elway and good for Lynch as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the fans at Arrowhead Addict, Dorsey "faked" Elway into trading up. They've completely ignored the Cowboys interest in Lynch and claim it was all Dorsey "faking" Elway. But Dorsey had the Chiefs trading out of the first round almost IMMEDIATELY upon the Broncos pick of Lynch was announced. They clearly had something worked out if the guy they wanted wasn't available at 28. They could have traded back at any time, but waited until Lynch was no longer on the board. When he wasn't they didn't even wait until they were on the clock (which is pretty standard) they were out of the first immediately. Elway beat them to Lynch. Good for Elway and good for Lynch as well.

Well I would take the word of Adam Teicher an actual paid writer that is talking to the coaches and FO people through this than a fan ran website. Teicher pretty much has all but said that Lynch was their target and that they were even trying to trade up but didn't have the draft capital to do it because of the tampering charges that cost them a 3rd round pick.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would take the word of Adam Teicher an actual paid writer that is talking to the coaches and FO people through this than a fan ran website. Teicher pretty much has all but said that Lynch was their target and that they were even trying to trade up but didn't have the draft capital to do it because of the tampering charges that cost them a 3rd round pick.

Today it feels good knowing the three time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos have beat their rivals to the punch and bested them once again. And let's say Lynch pans out...and he is a thorn in the side of the Chiefs for years to come...That is just a pleasant thought, isn't it?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today it feels good knowing the three time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos have beat their rivals to the punch and bested them once again. And let's say Lynch pans out...and he is a thorn in the side of the Chiefs for years to come...That is just a pleasant thought, isn't it?

Better a thorn in their side than a thorn in ours.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really is. Now I know Chiefs fans will always try to justify this away saying that the rumors were not true and such. It is what we as fans do. Don't want to think that we were one-upped especially by a division rival. I mean reading on their site they are calling him Osweiler 2.0 which to me other than height they are two very completely different QB's. They are also saying they can't think of a worse QB for Reid's system even though Athletic QB's have been the best fit and produced at the highest quality for him. It is what fans do so doesn't surprise me that they are trying to say that the Chiefs "Faked" the Broncos out. Even if they did the Cowboys have actually confirmed they were very much trying to trade up and get him. If we wanted him it wasn't just about the Chiefs.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It truly is but being the person I am I'm also tempering my expectations that he pans out. Just like any prospect we won't know for a while if it was a good, bad or OK move but one thing I do like is it cost us very little to get a franchise QB with that 5th year option if he does succeed. And I hope he does

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton will grow on me.

All day I just kept saying (upside, upside, upside)