• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 1 (via trade) Denver selects: Paxton Lynch

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Al is super pumped for Lynch. He has a coaching contact who was the DB coach for a time at Memphis and says that Lynch is a freak athlete. I don't always believe everything Al says, but he does have connections that I like to hear their opinions.

Like OC, im feeling better and better about Lynch's future.

I listened to that. Very good interview for anybody that wants to check it out and hear what a defensive coach for Memphis saw in this kid going against him everyday at practice.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where i was watching, no internet and bad cell coverage. I am pretty happy.
Paxton Lynch is perfect fit for Gary Kubiak's offense

This might be the part that gets me the most excited. Kubiak has shown he can adapt to just about any QB he works with. I mean while he prefers athleticism at the position he has shown to do well with pocket passers like Schaub and Flacco. Still I think his offense functions at his best when he has a guy just like Lynch that can get to the edges, throw well on the run, and has a great deep ball to keep defenses backed off worrying about getting beat over the top.

This kid definitely has every chance to succeed going to a system that fits him well and an organization that should ease him into becoming the starter. Hopefully he figures that out and takes advantage of this opportunity.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to that. Very good interview for anybody that wants to check it out and hear what a defensive coach for Memphis saw in this kid going against him everyday at practice.

You guys should post links instead of just mentioning these things lol

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to get very annoyed this year when fans are calling for him to start right away. Already feel it. When Elway and the coaches feel he is ready, he will play. Don't want to rush him into it if they don't feel he is ready

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to get very annoyed this year when fans are calling for him to start right away. Already feel it. When Elway and the coaches feel he is ready, he will play. Don't want to rush him into it if they don't feel he is ready
Fans can often be stupid - part of why I enjoy watching games at home. So don't let them bother you! ;)

100% agree to let him develop at the team's pace.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans can often be stupid - part of why I enjoy watching games at home. So don't let them bother you! ;)

100% agree to let him develop at the team's pace.

Also another reason I stay off the game day threads. Every bad pass or play just seems to have people up in arms. Not everything is going to go perfect throughout the game. I mean look at our Playoff run. We were losing to the Steelers for quite a while yet we still found a way to win. It wasn't pretty but it still goes down as a W. Same with the Super Bowl. Yes our offense looked down right terrible and yes we should recognize that and not think everything is perfect by any means but we still won the Super Bowl.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this for what it's worth, but on my drive in to work this morning I was listening to sports talk here in KC, and they were pretty upset about the Broncos taking Lynch. They all believed that with the cornerbacks going off the board before the Chiefs pick, the Chiefs were going to go with Lynch. But then Elway leapfrogged them and took him, so the Chiefs traded back.

They mentioned how ten years from now if Lynch turns out to be good that this one will really sting, but for now they still view it as Elway getting another one over on the Chiefs, which of course I find hilarious. Unless you guys live here, you just can't really understand how much they hate him, which of course makes it all the more satisfying when things like this happen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this for what it's worth, but on my drive in to work this morning I was listening to sports talk here in KC, and they were pretty upset about the Broncos taking Lynch. They all believed that with the cornerbacks going off the board before the Chiefs pick, the Chiefs were going to go with Lynch. But then Elway leapfrogged them and took him, so the Chiefs traded back.

They mentioned how ten years from now if Lynch turns out to be good that this one will really sting, but for now they still view it as Elway getting another one over on the Chiefs, which of course I find hilarious. Unless you guys live here, you just can't really understand how much they hate him, which of course makes it all the more satisfying when things like this happen.

Usually a pretty good sign when your rival fans actually think you did great! Usually they try to justify away the pick like "oh of course this kid will be a bust so glad that Denver took him so we don't have to go through that." I'm sure some Chiefs writers will still try to sell it that way throughout this next week but yeah I do believe the Chiefs were planning on taking this kid as I think they realize Alex Smith really is limited as a QB and bonus with a rookie QB in you have them locked up for cheap for 5 years where you can build a great team around them.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An unfortunate side effect of Mark Sanchez being your starter.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome tweets:

• Outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware: "Congrats on the opportunity @PaxtonLynch. See you in the locker room! #Broncos

• Running back C.J. Anderson: "Mr. Lynch get ready to work. ... Welcome @PaxtonLynch glad to have you."

• Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders: "Welcome to the squad young fella @PaxtonLynch — let's work!"

• Safety T.J. Ward: "Congrats @PaxtonLynch. Welcome to the squad! #BroncosCountry #NoFlyZone"

• Cornerback Kayvon Webster: "Lyyyyynnnnch!"

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak to Lynch

"Remember when you were down here in my office. Remember our conversation. I knew good things were going to happen".

We saw everything was wanted to see from Paxton and what we want him to do. Under center or not.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the radio a lot today and man I am very surprised how many are saying they really think he will be our starter this year. They keep saying that he impressed a lot of people with how quickly he could pick things up and learn them and that with his athleticism it helps him when things break down so that he doesn't have to be a refined player day 1. Throw in with our defense we don't need him to go out and just light up the world.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus all the teams with QBs in their 30, a lot of teams will be reaching for QBs in the near future. Having a 1st round QB starting for you is great for salary control just like Seattle did a few years ago,

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus all the teams with QBs in their 30, a lot of teams will be reaching for QBs in the near future. Having a 1st round QB starting for you is great for salary control just like Seattle did a few years ago,

Agree. Just looking at next year salary cap wise we really have some room to work now that we will not be paying a QB an arm and a leg. Means we can probably get Miller, Marshall, Sanders, Stewart, and Williams depending if we exercise his 5th year option. Probably won't sign all those guys as we might find some of their replacements this year in the draft but at least gives us a lot of wiggle room to especially keep this defense together.

Really what we have seen in the NFL is that the teams that have won the Super Bowl over the past 15 years have had their QB not taking up a huge chunk of the Salary Cap. Really the Broncos and Patriots are the only two teams to have won with their QB taking up a decent chunk of the Salary Cap. Otherwise it has actually been a lot of QB's on their 1st contract or a very cheap year. So this gives us another 5-year window where we can continue to load up the roster with talent around a young QB and see what happens. Yes Lynch has to produce for us to stand a chance but to me this was the best move the Broncos could have made at the QB position this off season. He is making less in the next 4-years than any of the FA guys we looked at other than Hoyer will make in one season.

RDog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was assuming before the draft that Denver would need to move up to 17 in order to get Paxton. Elway showed a lot of patience and saved us a number of draft picks and we got the best player possible for this team.