• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster cuts

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per CBS
OL Ruben Carter, TE Connor Hamlett, WR Javontee Herndon, RB Ronnie Hillman, LB John Lotulelei, TE M.J. McFarland, LB Lucas Wacha, WR Corey Washington

Per Blogging the Boys, The bolded stood out telling me Gathers made the 53.

Hillman joined the Cowboys out in Oxnard during Training Camp back on July 27th, so he managed to hang on with the club for just over a month. The harsh reality for Hillman was that he wasn’t going to make a roster that has Ezekiel Elliott, Darren McFadden, Alfred Morris, and the now-cemented-legend (sarcasm but he’s awesome) Rod Smith.

It’s going to be especially tough for the Cowboys to keep players like this considering how deep they’re going elsewhere. They’re reportedly carrying three quarterbacks, six wide receivers, and four tight ends. Sacrifices have to be made somewhere.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per CBS
OL Ruben Carter, TE Connor Hamlett, WR Javontee Herndon, RB Ronnie Hillman, LB John Lotulelei, TE M.J. McFarland, LB Lucas Wacha, WR Corey Washington

Per Blogging the Boys, The bolded stood out telling me Gathers made the 53.

Hillman joined the Cowboys out in Oxnard during Training Camp back on July 27th, so he managed to hang on with the club for just over a month. The harsh reality for Hillman was that he wasn’t going to make a roster that has Ezekiel Elliott, Darren McFadden, Alfred Morris, and the now-cemented-legend (sarcasm but he’s awesome) Rod Smith.

It’s going to be especially tough for the Cowboys to keep players like this considering how deep they’re going elsewhere. They’re reportedly carrying three quarterbacks, six wide receivers, and four tight ends. Sacrifices have to be made somewhere.

Do you think they will have all 4 TE's on the 53 man? It seems crazy. No way we put Rico on the PS but maybe the PUP....He hasn't been around lately.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rico is not getting cut. This has not been in question for weeks IMHO. That wasn't even something that was crossing my mind when looking at roster cuts.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys released QB Kellen Moore.

Moore entered camp as Dak Prescott's backup, but he was outplayed by Cooper Rush this preseason. Dallas could roll with Rush or look to add a veteran. Brandon Weeden, who spent time with the Cowboys in 2014 and 2015, was just cut by the Texans. Dallas also could bring back Moore.

Very interesting. Even if unclaimed and they pick him back up after moving guys to IR this makes the depth chart crystal clear and I like it. Rush earned the #2 job on the field. Won't be upset if Moore gets claimed

edit: Moore not eligible for waivers so can't get claimed. He is a FA

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the trade no real surprises on any of the guys kept. All were considered on or bubble guys

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys released QB Kellen Moore.

Moore entered camp as Dak Prescott's backup, but he was outplayed by Cooper Rush this preseason. Dallas could roll with Rush or look to add a veteran. Brandon Weeden, who spent time with the Cowboys in 2014 and 2015, was just cut by the Texans. Dallas also could bring back Moore.

Very interesting. Even if unclaimed and they pick him back up after moving guys to IR this makes the depth chart crystal clear and I like it. Rush earned the #2 job on the field. Won't be upset if Moore gets claimed

edit: Moore not eligible for waivers so can't get claimed. He is a FA

Ive said this before, I'd release Moore and if injury forced a QB signing I'd hope Moore or McCown are available.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the trade no real surprises on any of the guys kept. All were considered on or bubble guys

I really wanted J Showers to make the team. I just liked the kid. Maybe he can learn the position better and come back later as I hope his playing days are not over.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted J Showers to make the team. I just liked the kid. Maybe he can learn the position better and come back later as I hope his playing days are not over.

He's on the PS. I like him too, if he can be a quality Backup DB and Special Teams player, he could be key as the Emergency QB