• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Smith , what has he done ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was asked by a poster how long we should keep going with kevin smith in his current position so here is what he has drafted or found as a scout during his term here in DC

what he has drafted , allen , payne young sweat all in round one . not a bad haul . now add roullier our 6th round starting center and a underrated one, settle a good rotaional DE , harmon in round 6 and most likely our starting # 2 wr before injury moreland, cole holcomb, and SDH our best cover backer in round 6. lest we not forget AG

now as a scout he found

RK, our all time and leading current year sacker
moses our starting RT and best lineman this year
sherff a 3x pb player
tmac our best wr
fuller our best CB
jordan reed our best te in a decade and 2x PB
CT in round 5 our best 3rd down back in a decade
KC 2x PB qb and our best QB since thiesman williams and rypien and we are still trying to replace him
alfred morris in round 6 PB RB and single season rushing record holder inteam history
Breeland starting chiefs cb and in a superbowl (winner )
austin reiter C starting center on world champion chiefs ) round 7
preston smith double digit sacker and one of the keys to packer defense
crowder wr 4th starting wr since he came into the NFL
trent murphy DE/LB bills starter and part time starter for us

now i didnt add guys like late round picks who have had fairly long careers for their draft position 5 PLUS years , but i can add grants , pauls' comptons robersons to the mix

now he does have misses and overdrafts

and we all know RGme , and haskins were snyder picks

thats a pretty good team we have if they were on our roster today

so in answer to that question he should get 5 yrs

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was asked by a poster how long we should keep going with kevin smith in his current position so here is what he has drafted or found as a scout during his term here in DC

what he has drafted , allen , payne young sweat all in round one . not a bad haul . now add roullier our 6th round starting center and a underrated one, settle a good rotaional DE , harmon in round 6 and most likely our starting # 2 wr before injury moreland, cole holcomb, and SDH our best cover backer in round 6. lest we not forget AG

now as a scout he found

RK, our all time and leading current year sacker
moses our starting RT and best lineman this year
sherff a 3x pb player
tmac our best wr
fuller our best CB
jordan reed our best te in a decade and 2x PB
CT in round 5 our best 3rd down back in a decade
KC 2x PB qb and our best QB since thiesman williams and rypien and we are still trying to replace him
alfred morris in round 6 PB RB and single season rushing record holder inteam history
Breeland starting chiefs cb and in a superbowl (winner )
austin reiter C starting center on world champion chiefs ) round 7
preston smith double digit sacker and one of the keys to packer defense
crowder wr 4th starting wr since he came into the NFL
trent murphy DE/LB bills starter and part time starter for us

now i didnt add guys like late round picks who have had fairly long careers for their draft position 5 PLUS years , but i can add grants , pauls' comptons robersons to the mix

now he does have misses and overdrafts

and we all know RGme , and haskins were snyder picks

thats a pretty good team we have if they were on our roster today

so in answer to that question he should get 5 yrs
I will bite.

Smith was a scout between 2011- 2016 and then moved to Director of College Personnel in 2017. As a scout and draft analyst..he has done fine. Again, the parade of 2nd round misses is inexusable but who knows is Allen was making those picks.

My concern and I think this is held by several others, what experience does he have with player negociations and free agency? Whose idea was it to go dumpster diving and neglect areas of need? Him or RR? If it was Smith, then while he might have a good idea for drafting, his approach toward FA is garbage. What was his strategy...let Haskins drown???????

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bite.

Smith was a scout between 2011- 2016 and then moved to Director of College Personnel in 2017. As a scout and draft analyst..he has done fine. Again, the parade of 2nd round misses is inexusable but who knows is Allen was making those picks.

My concern and I think this is held by several others, what experience does he have with player negociations and free agency? Whose idea was it to go dumpster diving and neglect areas of need? Him or RR? If it was Smith, then while he might have a good idea for drafting, his approach toward FA is garbage. What was his strategy...let Haskins drown???????

Again...his approach doesn’t suck...it simply differs from yours. His approach is not that of a child or of those who barely make do. His approach is that of an adult, spending what is needed and/or wise. Save for now, spend for the value later.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think saving our cap for next year is very prudent when you look at our roster

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All make legit points here imo

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bite.

What experience does any new almost GM have

What experience does any almost first time GM have ?

The coach / coaches the players the scout finds them and he has found many