• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose Out, Bulls Win Inevitable

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a) So what if he didn't qualify... the fact remains only 7 guys averaged more Assists per game than Rose (in 2012), meaning in the games he DID play, he was among the best "distributors" in the league.

b) Did you conveniently overlook Westbrook (5.6 Assists / 3.7 TO's)? lol

c) Again... during his last 2 season Rose was among the best Assist-men in the game (he was #8 in APG in 2011, and would have ranked 8th in 2012 if he played enough games to qualify)

d) Rose has to be the Bulls #1 Scorer "and" their best Play-maker.. how many other PG's in the league have that dual responsibility?

e) See Russell Westbrook... a player you claim is better. lol

f) Again, see Westbrook AND see "d" above.

As for the rest of your drivel, again, how many of those 30 PG's "have to be" their team's #1 Scoring Option and the best Play-maker?

See, your problem (as a Hater) is the fact that you look at "stats" withOut factoring in context and perspective.
a) He missed a third of the season. I would venture to guess there were a number of good defenses he didn't play. As unlikely as it is, for all I know he played most of his games against the Bobcats, Wizards, Raptors, Nets, Pistons, Cavs, Kings, Suns, and Wolves.

b) Good call. I calculated Rose's number wrong. Somehow got 1.9 for Rose originally. Russ was close in assists/turnovers with more assists the year I was looking at after Rose was disqualified for 2011-12.

c) NBA Stats - Official Leaders

Looks like tenth from the above link.

d) Get better offensive players or assistants that can teach a style or system that will take the load off of one or the other for Rose if it is too much. As far as this year, Curry will have to do so(Thompson's points will not stay above his), Bledsoe, Parker, Teague, Irving, Conley, Jennings have done it up to this point. I doubt Josh McRoberts will stay above Kemba in assists so you can add him the the list, even though he is a stretch as a combo guard as well.

e) & f) I don't recall at this point what my point is and will get back to you if I feel like trying to retort.

Hater is extremely overused and has lost all of its luster at the rate that people use it. If you have a different opinion than someone on anything, you are somehow a hater. It is a word for people who can't come up with anything better or accept a difference in opinion. Half the shit I say is an opinion anyways, so I fail to see why people get all bent out of shape. Sorry I don't like Rose as a point guard. I like combo guards playing point as much as I like your the Morris twins, Royce Whites, and other tweeners of the world playing the 4 or 3 for that matter. Appreciate you not answering my latter questions at all.

Derrick Rose, from what I have seen, does nothing to make his teammates better. I will watch him in a game dribble out most of the clock and more times than not force himself to take a bad shot rather than using team ball movement to try and get the best shot possible for anyone on the team. If it makes you feel better and puts it into perspective I have watched players like James Harden from my own team do this same shit for longer than I would like. I don't like to use the word hate, but I hate when teams primarily run iso as it is relatively easy to defend and not very efficient in large doses, and this is what I see from players like Derrick Rose and James Harden when I see them play. I would love for my own team to go out and get a player that is more concerned with getting his teammates involved, yet has the skill set to take over if he has to so I don't have to watch iso heavy players dribble out 50%-75% of the shot clock to have the team throw up a bad shot when the clock gets low.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a) He missed a third of the season. I would venture to guess there were a number of good defenses he didn't play. As unlikely as it is, for all I know he played most of his games against the Bobcats, Wizards, Raptors, Nets, Pistons, Cavs, Kings, Suns, and Wolves.

b) Good call. I calculated Rose's number wrong. Somehow got 1.9 for Rose originally. Russ was close in assists/turnovers with more assists the year I was looking at after Rose was disqualified for 2011-12.

c) NBA Stats - Official Leaders

Looks like tenth from the above link.

d) Get better offensive players or assistants that can teach a style or system that will take the load off of one or the other for Rose if it is too much. As far as this year, Curry will have to do so(Thompson's points will not stay above his), Bledsoe, Parker, Teague, Irving, Conley, Jennings have done it up to this point. I doubt Josh McRoberts will stay above Kemba in assists so you can add him the the list, even though he is a stretch as a combo guard as well.

e) & f) I don't recall at this point what my point is and will get back to you if I feel like trying to retort.

Hater is extremely overused and has lost all of its luster at the rate that people use it. If you have a different opinion than someone on anything, you are somehow a hater. It is a word for people who can't come up with anything better or accept a difference in opinion. Half the shit I say is an opinion anyways, so I fail to see why people get all bent out of shape. Sorry I don't like Rose as a point guard. I like combo guards playing point as much as I like your the Morris twins, Royce Whites, and other tweeners of the world playing the 4 or 3 for that matter. Appreciate you not answering my latter questions at all.

Derrick Rose, from what I have seen, does nothing to make his teammates better. I will watch him in a game dribble out most of the clock and more times than not force himself to take a bad shot rather than using team ball movement to try and get the best shot possible for anyone on the team. If it makes you feel better and puts it into perspective I have watched players like James Harden from my own team do this same shit for longer than I would like. I don't like to use the word hate, but I hate when teams primarily run iso as it is relatively easy to defend and not very efficient in large doses, and this is what I see from players like Derrick Rose and James Harden when I see them play. I would love for my own team to go out and get a player that is more concerned with getting his teammates involved, yet has the skill set to take over if he has to so I don't have to watch iso heavy players dribble out 50%-75% of the shot clock to have the team throw up a bad shot when the clock gets low.

A) Again, in the games he did play Rose was among the best distributors in the league... that's the only relevant point.

C) basketball-reference has him #8 among qualifying players:

2010-11 NBA Leaders | Basketball-Reference.com

D) The solution you mention doesn't erase the fact that Rose has been saddled with the responsibility of having-to-be both the #1 scoring option and the primary play-maker on his team since the 2011 season (not just a handful of games so far this year). That makes his job much more difficult than other top-level PG's around the league... so when you compare him to his peers you have to factor in those intangibles, otherwise you're comparing apples-oranges.

As for making his teammates better, take a look at the Bulls' W/L record (since 2011) as well as their statistics (PPG, FG%, Assists, OppPPG, OppFG%, et al) when Rose is on the floor vs. when he doesn't play and you'll see just how much better he makes the team / teammates.

I posted the numbers in the offseason (on a different board) so I don't have them at my disposal right here-now; however going on memory I can tell you that over an 82 game season the Bulls Win (on average) 17 more games with Derrick on the floor, while their stats are all significantly better (both Offensively and Defensively) when Rose plays vs. when he doesn't.

That said, he may not fit the mold of your "traditional" PG; however there is no denying the impact Rose has on the Bulls as a whole (and to a man).

Last edited by a moderator:

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Decent enough convo. I'm done for the night.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goal is to have all 37 D-Rose threads bumped into first place on the NBA board this morning?

Why? Because he's so relevant.