• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookies Report Today: Official 2019 Training Camp Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, well, Eli is as well, and I don't see that either.

Eli's chances of making the HOF are quite slim. Funny enough, he may have had a better chance if he would have retired early on in the decade. When that defense left, he was exposed in a huge way. His numbers relative to his counterparts from the past two decades are relatively embarrassing. He has numbers you would expect from a QB that played in the 70's or 80's. It's rough. The only thing he has going is a combined 8 games from his SB runs and the fact that he played a really long time.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli's chances of making the HOF are quite slim. Funny enough, he may have had a better chance if he would have retired early on in the decade. When that defense left, he was exposed in a huge way. His numbers relative to his counterparts from the past two decades are relatively embarrassing. He has numbers you would expect from a QB that played in the 70's or 80's. It's rough. The only thing he has going is a combined 8 games from his SB runs and the fact that he played a really long time.

Eli makes the hall of fame. Doesn't matter what he does going forward. It's absurd to say he had a better chance of making it if he retired earlier, lol. That's a stupid comment.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben is a mortal lock for the HOF. He has perennially posted top 5 passing stats and won two SB's. Will retire near the top of all relevant passing statistic lists. He would have been arguably the best QB in a number of decades. It's not his fault that his prime ran concurrent with Peyton and Brady's. He's been great for a long, long time.

Eli has more yards, more TDs, same amount of Super Bowls.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli has more yards, more TDs, same amount of Super Bowls.

Uh... No, he doesn't. He's also played a full season's worth of games more than Roethlisberger and attempted 800 more passes.

Eli Manning Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Ben Roethlisberger Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Also, raw career yardage totals to measure a QB historically? Really? Eww... That's gross.

Ben has a higher TD% lower INT% a QB rating 10 points higher, nearly a full yard more in yards per attempt, 4% higher CMP%

Eli is nearly a .500 QB all-time, while Ben has an all-time win percentage of .676.

Ben has led the league in yardage twice, TD%, yards per attempt and yards per completion twice. Eli has led the league in INT's three times.

This is across the board dominance and not even close.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh... No, he doesn't. He's also played a full season's worth of games more than Roethlisberger and attempted 800 more passes.

Eli Manning Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Ben Roethlisberger Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Also, raw career yardage totals to measure a QB historically? Really? Eww... That's gross.

Ben has a higher TD% lower INT% a QB rating 10 points higher, nearly a full yard more in yards per attempt, 4% higher CMP%

Eli is nearly a .500 QB all-time, while Ben has an all-time win percentage of .676.

Ben has led the league in yardage twice, TD%, yards per attempt and yards per completion twice. Eli has led the league in INT's three times.

This is across the board dominance and not even close.
Well Rich Ben also gets 6 easy games a year in a division of powder puffs. I'm not impressed with either guy and really don't have a dog in this fight. I don't believe either are top QBs. Ironically and maybe a factor in my thoughts is I live in Findlay OH where Ben was the HS QB and the locals hate him with a passion. Say him and his sister were elitists who were rude and would not even say hello to anyone.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rich Ben also gets 6 easy games a year in a division of powder puffs.

The Bengals and Ravens have not been "powder puffs" for much of Ben's career.

Since Ben came in the league teams in the AFC North have won 490 games while teams in the NFC east have won 492.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals and Ravens have not been "powder puffs" for much of Ben's career.

Since Ben came in the league teams in the AFC North have won 490 games while teams in the NFC east have won 492.
Cincy is Cincy or the Browns of south Ohio and the ravens have had some pretty decent half of teams. Either way it's moot as I never thought much of Ben.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, well, Eli is as well, and I don't see that either.

Good point...…......

And I think they put Eli on a high pedestal for the 2 SB wins.....Wgich to mew winning the SBmight be a stretch in considering a HOF`er…...

David Tyree drops that miraculous catch,Eli may never be thought of as a hall member.……...

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Tyree drops that miraculous catch,Eli may never be thought of as a hall member.……...

True...but he caught it.

And before the throw Eli did an amazing job of avoiding a sack to even get the throw away. What happened, happened. And because of that Eli is a football immortal regardless of how pedestrian he's been lately.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...but he caught it.

And before the throw Eli did an amazing job of avoiding a sack to even get the throw away. What happened, happened. And because of that Eli is a football immortal regardless of how pedestrian he's been lately.

And if takes a miraculous catch to the helmet to boost him to the hall.then he doesn't belong into the Hall......

Eli should never be mentioned as an immortal............hes been above good a few times in his career and thats about it........

Brady,Rodgers,Peyton.ben,Brees,Rivers and you can even throw matt Ryan above him too as qbs Id rather of had than him................i just dont see him as HOF worthiness........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old good news/bad news camp articles here.....ok, more realistically, let's make it the encouraging news:
Fry, Pineiro off to an encouraging start
vs. the not so encouraging news:
Adam Shaheen misses Bears training camp practice with sore back

Of course it's way too early to say that either Fry or Pineiro even makes the squad, but at least they're getting off to good starts.

As for Shaheen, again too early to make a lot out of this, but regardless, this is a young man who needs to be out there as much as possible. Any injury, even minor ones, do not help his cause at all.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...but he caught it.

2x SB champ and SB MVP Jim Plunkett for HOF too then? Got it.

Jesus Christ with this shit... lol

Eli has been pedestrian for 99% of his career. Not "lately".

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if takes a miraculous catch to the helmet to boost him to the hall.then he doesn't belong into the Hall......

Eli should never be mentioned as an immortal............hes been above good a few times in his career and thats about it........

Brady,Rodgers,Peyton.ben,Brees,Rivers and you can even throw matt Ryan above him too as qbs Id rather of had than him................i just dont see him as HOF worthiness........

Wilson as well
I would even include Romo

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rich Ben also gets 6 easy games a year in a division of powder puffs. I'm not impressed with either guy and really don't have a dog in this fight. I don't believe either are top QBs. Ironically and maybe a factor in my thoughts is I live in Findlay OH where Ben was the HS QB and the locals hate him with a passion. Say him and his sister were elitists who were rude and would not even say hello to anyone.

Oh gawd... now we're down to "his division is easy"? Because he hasn't played 100+ games outside of that? 12 games each season, plus playoffs? Lol

Regardless, Baltimore has been REALLY good for most of Ben's career. Winning a SB and reaching multiple AFC Title games. Always in the playoff mix every season outside of 2013 and 2015. That became arguably the best rivalry in football throughout the 00's and early 10's. Cincinnati has also had 4-5 playoff appearances.

What division has had two three D's that have been top ten as many times as PIT, CIN and BAL over the past two decades? Not many.

You lost dude, give it up.

Ironically and maybe a factor in my thoughts is I live in Findlay OH where Ben was the HS QB and the locals hate him with a passion. Say him and his sister were elitists who were rude and would not even say hello to anyone

What does that have to do with anything? Marino and Montana are known assholes as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would include Russ too.......Romo.....?.......Eh,never thought much of him either.....

My point is that I would certainly take him over Eli.

Things never bounced his way in the post-season and that will keep him out of the HOF. However, he does have hall of fame regular season numbers spanning his entire career. I'll take that over Eli's 8 good post-season games and 200+ games of sub-par to mediocre play.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, the Bears removed Clinton-Dix from the PUP list. Not there was ever a real concern, but it's still a bit reassuring to see him back in action.