• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookies Report Today: Official 2019 Training Camp Thread

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God i hate the nickname "Trubz" or "Trubs."

Trubisky is going to take a big step this year. I was thinking about this the other day. I think his ceiling is about what Ben Roethlisberger was in his prime. If we get anything close to that, we'll be awfully tough to beat.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trubisky is going to take a big step this year. I was thinking about this the other day. I think his ceiling is about what Ben Roethlisberger was in his prime. If we get anything close to that, we'll be awfully tough to beat.

It's the internet, dude. Shorter the better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How does Turdbiscuit grab ya? And I hope and think he will be better then rapeyaburger ever was.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Turdbiscuit grab ya? And I hope and think he will be better then rapeyaburger ever was.
Mr. Biscuit is childhood and college nickname. That's much better than "Trooooobs." Ugh.

If Trubisky is as good as a prime Roethlisberger this year and the defense doesn't all get hurt, we win the super bowl easily. Big Ben has been a perennial top 10 QB for a long time. If Trubisky is better than that then awesome, but i'm not going expect that to happen.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Biscuit is childhood and college nickname. That's much better than "Trooooobs." Ugh.

This is a really petty point to argue. However, I have heard you say this before and let me just get this straight...

You think "Trubs" (not Troobs ---> Tr-uh-bs) sounds stupid?

Yet, you think "Mr. Biscuit" sounds cool!!!??? It sounds like a Dr. Suess or Sesame Street character. It sounds like the name of a store bought boxed and ready to bake biscuit mix. It sounds like a creepy male p0rnstar name. That is undoubtedly, the dumbest nickname I have ever heard of in my entire life for a professional athlete. I would have to denounce my fandom of the Chicago Bears if that dumbass nickname was ever uttered on a broadcast.

Mr. Biscuit... My god. What the hell is happening to this country?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hate the nickname myself,but theres a lot of things I dont like,I just go with the flow.........

And Big Ben is a HOF'er.......I dont see that in Trubisky....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody worried about Ha-Ha starting camp on the PUP list? It seems more precautionary than anything to me.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody worried about Ha-Ha starting camp on the PUP list? It seems more precautionary than anything to me.
Yeah, I read that. On the one hand, it really does sound like it's no biggie. But on the other, if it truly isn't anything to get worked up over, then why bother with the PUP formality?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read that. On the one hand, it really does sound like it's no biggie. But on the other, if it truly isn't anything to get worked up over, then why bother with the PUP formality?

Well, the PUP allows you to bring in a player in his spot, right? If he's going to miss a few weeks. Why not bring in another guy?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll always be Biscuit to me.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate the nickname myself,but theres a lot of things I dont like,I just go with the flow.........

Yea, well, Eli is as well, and I don't see that either.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me, or has camp "news" been pretty absent. Nary a peep out of camp so far...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just can't see Big Ben as a HOF guy, I don't remember him ever being close to a top QB in his own era. Not the Truth Biscuit either but I can see him as a top 10 QB in his era. Truth Biscuit Truth Biscuit Truth Biscuit. Say it 3 times and you'll get hungry. Say it 3 times in a mirror and he'll show up and feed you.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see Big Ben as a HOF guy, I don't remember him ever being close to a top QB in his own era. Not the Truth Biscuit either but I can see him as a top 10 QB in his era. Truth Biscuit Truth Biscuit Truth Biscuit. Say it 3 times and you'll get hungry. Say it 3 times in a mirror and he'll show up and feed you.

Big Ben is a mortal lock for the HOF. He has perennially posted top 5 passing stats and won two SB's. Will retire near the top of all relevant passing statistic lists. He would have been arguably the best QB in a number of decades. It's not his fault that his prime ran concurrent with Peyton and Brady's. He's been great for a long, long time.