• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookies Report Today: Official 2019 Training Camp Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The road to Super Bowl LIV starts right here.

Here's your thread to post/debate all news pertaining to positional/roster battles, stand-out rookies, underperforming vets, injuries (hopefully none) and of course... our ongoing place kicker controversy.

Week 1 vs Green Bay is in our sights, gentlemen!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring major & lengthy injuries to key players, and in particular we're talking Trubisky and Mack, I'm going with the Bears at 13-3 this season, and yes that's in full knowledge of the more difficult schedule than last year's.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakout players:
Trubisky
Montgomery
Nichols
Roquan

These four I think will have great years.

I'd say 10-6

We were pretty healthy last year with respect to injuries. That rarely happens again though.

I'm concerned about Amukamura.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with 11-5

I don't suspect that we will be as fortunate with health as we were last season and the schedule is a little more difficult (purely on paper). However, we also were extremely unfortunate is losing our 5 games (playoffs included) by a combined 14 points. Two coming in OT and two coming as a direct result of a missed FG. All coming down to the final play from scrimmage. That's insane.

I also don't think it's reasonable to expect that we can 100% duplicate our defensive performance, most notably the turnovers we created from last season.

So, a little drop off, but only slight. 12 or 13 wins also wouldn't shock me as I suspect the offense takes a step forward.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a little drop off, but only slight. 12 or 13 wins also wouldn't shock me as I suspect the offense takes a step forward.

That's what I'm hitching my horses to. I see only a small drop off at most of defensive prowess - mainly because it will be difficult to match last year's takeaway totals. But I also think our offense is going to become a top 10 force.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense moves forward at all....it's gonna be a really good year.

Might not get as many takeaways on defense but the defense will still be very good.

The offense doesn't have to be a world beater...but it would be nice if it was good enough to win some games on it's own. And given the depth at receiver, the continuity of the O-line, Mitch in year 2 of this offense, and the backfield....there's no reason it shouldn't be able to take a giant leap forward.

The only thing that can really derail this train is injuries and we were insanely fortunate there last season.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The road to Super Bowl LIV starts right here.

Here's your thread to post/debate all news pertaining to positional/roster battles, stand-out rookies, underperforming vets, injuries (hopefully none) and of course... our ongoing place kicker controversy.

Week 1 vs Green Bay is in our sights, gentlemen!

Football is almost here.....:yes:

And bring on the Pack....What a great way to start the season with a huge win vs our no.1 enemy.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 11-5.....First 5 games to me are very winnable......Then bye week,after that the next 4 of 5 look to a difficult schedule,but no way do we lose 4 of those 5.....(NO-SD-PHI-DET-LA)
After that 4 of the last 6 are very winnable(KC and DAL) giving us fits......Yes we are gonna sweep the Pack this year..........

Our def may not play as well as we did last seaso cause we played some pretty shotty teams,but they will keep us in the game....
Our off should be about the same too.....

Hopefully A-Rob stays healthy all season....
And along with the whole team....

Cant wait........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakout players:
Trubisky

Montgomery
Nichols
Roquan

These four I think will have great years.

I'd say 10-6

We were pretty healthy last year with respect to injuries. That rarely happens again though.

I'm concerned about Amukamura.

I like.......

Montgomery is a rookie,so not sure if he does great that you can call that a breakout season,,but I sure hope he out does what JH did for us last season...
.Which is not asking alot to me.....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough schedule this year, but I believe I read that the combined opponents win percentage is the exact same as last year. (.520)

I like the Bears to possibly have a slightly worse record, but actually be a much better team.

I look for Trubz, Allen Robinson and Anthony Miller to all take big steps forward this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that can really derail this train is injuries and we were insanely fortunate there last season.

But it should be noted that prior to last year's good health fortunes, in the previous 5 year totals the Bears suffered more injuries and had more missed games than every other team in the league. So the pendulum had to return somewhat to the mean. I don't expect similar results on either end, but if I lean toward either side, it will continue to be on the better health end.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough schedule this year, but I believe I read that the combined opponents win percentage is the exact same as last year. (.520)

I like the Bears to possibly have a slightly worse record, but actually be a much better team.

I look for Trubz, Allen Robinson and Anthony Miller to all take big steps forward this year.

I think it's also important to remember that out of our six tough games outside of the division, four are at home. We go to LAR and Philly. KC, LAC, DAL and NO are at home.

The difference between going to Arrowhead and the Superdome vs them coming here is huge. With Dallas, they also have to come here in December and face the cold. LAC has to come here as a west coast team playing an early Sunday game. Historically, that's a struggle.

The schedule has some of the league's best teams, but I like our spots against them. Even having to go to Philly... I just know this team will be up for that game. So, I don't give a shit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to kind of piggyback on rich's response above, I know when we look at that schedule we see a lot of tough teams we have to play, but guess what? The fans of those same teams are checking their schedules and when they see us they're saying the same thing. Or let's just say that anyone who tries to say the Bears are a one season wonder are either kidding themselves or simply have no clue about the talent on this roster.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real concern is Trubisky. Last season, even in later games, at times he looked lost. I feel like he isnt disciplined in his reads, unless its scripted plays. He hasnt made huge mistakes as a rule, but he isnt great in pressure spots late imo.

Unlike everyone else, i think the defense will be improved. Mack will have a full training camp, and the defense in general will be young, and a year more experienced. Roquan also will be in camp and the D as a unit should be solid. Of course losing Fangio doesnt help, but we will see. Pagano is respected by many as a solid D coordinator, but I do think he is a nutjob. However Rod Marinelli was a bit of a nut too.
None of us know for certain, but havent been this excited, preseason, in a long time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real concern is Trubisky. Last season, even in later games, at times he looked lost. I feel like he isnt disciplined in his reads, unless its scripted plays. He hasnt made huge mistakes as a rule, but he isnt great in pressure spots late imo.

Unlike everyone else, i think the defense will be improved. Mack will have a full training camp, and the defense in general will be young, and a year more experienced. Roquan also will be in camp and the D as a unit should be solid. Of course losing Fangio doesnt help, but we will see. Pagano is respected by many as a solid D coordinator, but I do think he is a nutjob. However Rod Marinelli was a bit of a nut too.
None of us know for certain, but havent been this excited, preseason, in a long time.

I really thought the playoff game was big for Trubz. Nagy seemed conservative with him throughout most the game, and arguably, that was deserved, but the last two drives, that were crucial, were all Trubz. He made huge plays to get the score and get into FG range, late.

I think the kid has gamer written all over him. The finer nuances of the game will come later.

speaking of that, did you see this shit this week? LOL

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought the playoff game was big for Trubz. Nagy seemed conservative with him throughout most the game, and arguably, that was deserved, but the last two drives, that were crucial, were all Trubz. He made huge plays to get the score and get into FG range, late.

I think the kid has gamer written all over him. The finer nuances of the game will come later.

speaking of that, did you see this shit this week? LOL

Yeah, I saw that.

Im not saying he cant be good, and times he does look good. Are you saying you havent seen what Im talking about?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw that.

Im not saying he cant be good, and times he does look good. Are you saying you havent seen what Im talking about?

Oh definitely. But the kid has like, 50 starts dating back to high school, so...

As much as he looks lost at times, you could also argue that he single-handily won a handful games by himself, or at least gave us a chance.

He has a ton of upside IMO, and with a good-to-great D, he is certainly good enough to win it all, right now.