• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera Needs To Go

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use the following cliche because it sums up the state of our team. The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.” As I stand upon my soapbox please pardon my babbling diatribe as it will only regurgitate the current sentiment the majority of fans feel regarding this franchise. First off, Ron Rivera is a fucking derelict coach. I watch his post game conferences and he just has that Corky Thatcher look in his eyes. How many winning seasons has he had in his 13 seasons or however long he has been in the league? 3? He hired all his loser cronies in Carolina and brought them to Washington. He was supposed to change the culture but fuck the culture, I care about winning. Cancel culture already screwed this franchise enough. If there is a little grab ass and harassment at the workplace then just fucking leave! That wasn’t cool. I apologize.
His player personnel decisions display his mental midget capacity with letting players like flowers, scherff, and carter walk and replacing them with downgrades. Trading value draft capital away for the betterment of opposing franchises rather than our own.

His coaching and time management decision making resembles an IQ score of 60. Save your time outs, don’t use one on a 2 yard challenge for fucks sake. Take some accountability and place some of the blame on yourself and your incompetent coaching staff before throwing your players under the bus. So basically it’s time for another regime change.
Get this fucking clown out of DC and hire a fucking up and coming coach that has some forward thinking ability. Stop letting our in house talent walk. LeFleur, Shannahan, McVay, McConnel are doing good things in the NFL as well as some first year coaches. and Yet we are stuck with some archaic rah rah bozo who is definitely not up to snuff with todays NFL. Get this joker out of DC and use some of the money from Dan to fix that gap tooth.

Captain Positive, eh?

You’re not wrong…

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use the following cliche because it sums up the state of our team. The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.” As I stand upon my soapbox please pardon my babbling diatribe as it will only regurgitate the current sentiment the majority of fans feel regarding this franchise. First off, Ron Rivera is a fucking derelict coach. I watch his post game conferences and he just has that Corky Thatcher look in his eyes. How many winning seasons has he had in his 13 seasons or however long he has been in the league? 3? He hired all his loser cronies in Carolina and brought them to Washington. He was supposed to change the culture but fuck the culture, I care about winning. Cancel culture already screwed this franchise enough. If there is a little grab ass and harassment at the workplace then just fucking leave! That wasn’t cool. I apologize.
His player personnel decisions display his mental midget capacity with letting players like flowers, scherff, and carter walk and replacing them with downgrades. Trading value draft capital away for the betterment of opposing franchises rather than our own.

His coaching and time management decision making resembles an IQ score of 60. Save your time outs, don’t use one on a 2 yard challenge for fucks sake. Take some accountability and place some of the blame on yourself and your incompetent coaching staff before throwing your players under the bus. So basically it’s time for another regime change.
Get this fucking clown out of DC and hire a fucking up and coming coach that has some forward thinking ability. Stop letting our in house talent walk. LeFleur, Shannahan, McVay, McConnel are doing good things in the NFL as well as some first year coaches. and Yet we are stuck with some archaic rah rah bozo who is definitely not up to snuff with todays NFL. Get this joker out of DC and use some of the money from Dan to fix that gap tooth.
Your first sentence says it all. 23 years later we are doing the same things over and over.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Ron. Now I understand why you said "quarterback." Doesn't make it right, but I understand it.

I had to waste a year on Haskins. You make me take on QB I didn't want in Wentz. Now I get it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally no reason to damage Howell this year behind that terrible oline. TH is a free agent next season, knows the playbook, amd is mobile enough to overcome the turnstiles we havw at guard and center.

Sit or trade Wentz (ha!) at the 69% mark, start TH, fire everybody next year, sign and draft oline, THEN think about starting Howell or resigning TH depending on his play. Hell, signing Wentz after we ruined his reputation on the cheap might be the move too, then have all the qbs battle it out.
This ^^^^^^ would be the ideal plan if you're a fan thinking long term. Maybe not so much if you're a fan who would be giddy over going to the playoffs with a losing record or if you're a player.

Playing Howell at least imo has to be a part of this plan though. We've been in QB purgatory really since Joey T if we're gonna be real. Yeah, Ryp had a magical season at the very best time possible and DW directed the Skins to the greatest offensive quarter in Super Bowl history. And yes, Kirk Cousins is easily the best QB the Skins have had since, well, Joey T, from a consistency standpoint, but the Kirk Cousins of today is not the Kirk Cousins that played for the Skins.

I know there are Skins fans that already think Howell is the best big thing. Hell, there are Skins fans who thought and some who still think Wince is the answer. I'm not one of em. If RR decides to sit Wince down, whether its do save that draft pick, or due to his playing or lack thereof, though I don't see it happening. I wanna see what the kid can do.

Look at like this. There were some highs last year for sure, but by season's end. We all knew Taylor wasn't the solution to the QB problem. That's how we ended up with Wince. Who imo has shown he's not the solution either. In part also because it was a weak class for QBs coming into the NFL last year. If the Skins have found a diamond in the rough in Howell, Word up. That would be fantabulous for real. Like for real for real, We gotta find out and the sooner, the better cuz if he's not. It'll still be better knowing sooner rather than later.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Ron. Now I understand why you said "quarterback." Doesn't make it right, but I understand it.

I had to waste a year on Haskins. You make me take on QB I didn't want in Wentz. Now I get it.
Perhaps Ron wanted Jimmy G and Dan trumped him with Wentz?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Ron wanted Jimmy G and Dan trumped him with Wentz?
It's ridiculous that we have to wonder about shit like this. Dan knows zero about football, but always tries to build a team.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do y'all have a replacement in mind before you just fire RR?

You could end up with a worse head coach.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Mary Joe White report gets Dan outta here and then I think we could have our pick of the litter. One can dream I guess.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do y'all have a replacement in mind before you just fire RR?

You could end up with a worse head coach.
The coach is the least of my concerns...it is the GM that is most important.

Ron the GM bears the bulk of the blame for the team's failure, not Ron the Coach.
Snyder doesn't hire GMs, he either abides by the coach-centric model or has a "yes man" Team President like Cerrato or Allen who do his bidding. Snyder probably won't change his philosophy, so we either get another coach-centric guy or a "yes man" who runs the front office.

That is the first step. Bottom line is that Rivera has to go. He has been horrific as a GM and a substandard coach. He is on track for 5 losing seasons since 2018. Again, I am worried about roster construction and drafting at this point.

Reactions: DJ

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Ron doing or not doing in camp that has his teams continously start the season off so slow?

If they beat the Lions who haven't won a game outside of us. Got to the one vs. Tennessee and couldn't get in.

I know we've won some game we should have lost, but could easily be 6-2 without Chase.

Why does it take Ron a month to get his teams to play competent football?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that he’s to busy worrying about injuries with what seems like a subpar training staff and facilities, and thus taking it light as an approach.

RR doesnt strike me as an “I’m your friend,” softee kind of coach.

I

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that he’s to busy worrying about injuries with what seems like a subpar training staff and facilities, and thus taking it light as an approach.

RR doesnt strike me as an “I’m your friend,” softee kind of coach.

I
you hit the nail on the head , our training staff, medical staff and facilities are subpar , perhaps the worst in the NFL . most likely do to snyder being leveraged out

another great post chiller