• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romos future???

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know back injuries can be complicated and every one is different and can affect that person in a variety of ways. Will the Romo we see be a shell of himself? I know Aikman retired at 34 due to the combination of back injuries and concussions.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to understand something before we get to far along with this Aikman back deal. Aikman had his back surgery the offseason before he won a super bowl. Aikman has back issues today as does probably about 80% that played pro football. Aikman left the game at 34 due to concussions.

I have no clue if Romo's game suffers due to his back. I just don't think Aikman's situation is relevant to Romo. Aikman was younger and took a beating the day he stepped on the field in Dallas while Tony learned the game for 4 years.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to understand something before we get to far along with this Aikman back deal. Aikman had his back surgery the offseason before he won a super bowl. Aikman has back issues today as does probably about 80% that played pro football. Aikman left the game at 34 due to concussions.

I have no clue if Romo's game suffers due to his back. I just don't think Aikman's situation is relevant to Romo. Aikman was younger and took a beating the day he stepped on the field in Dallas while Tony learned the game for 4 years.

Agree. We wont know a thing until the OTA's and preseason. Any reports before that are most likely just speculation.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure about Romo, if he can take the needle and gut it up, he will be out there every Sunday. This was the risk of giving him the contract we did, but after watching Orton against the Eagles, even in playing well, we were going nowhere with him under center. Picking a QB somewhere in the draft would be a good call for the next few years though

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is, is Orton the only insurance policy or do we use the coming draft to start laying the ground work for a long term solution.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is, is Orton the only insurance policy or do we use the coming draft to start laying the ground work for a long term solution.

If the right guy is there, it wouldn't be a bad call for the Cowboys to take a QB, no matter the round. With the guys we're gonna lose this year because of the cap, it should be a developmental year anyway

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's safe to say the Dallas Cowboys under Jerry will never view the coming years as developmental years and it's hard to argue with the investment already made. Dallas was all in the day Romo signed his new deal

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to pay $3,250,000 for a back-up QB when you have the Cowboys financial problems.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to look again, but I don't recall there being significant savings if they dump Orton, so one would think he'll be back.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to get back to having a couple of young clipboard holders on the team. ...one of them turned out pretty good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way these young guys are able to come in and play immediately is something to consider. I know Rodgers , Romo, etc sat but I remember Matt Moore in our preseason games back in 07 playing in the 4rth quarter and then all of a sudden he is starting for the Panthers week 15 that yr. I like what Orton did in our final game but if we can save money or get something for him then I think we do it. If you want to spend all draft picks on defense early , somebody like Connor Shaw or Keith Price will be there late.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana had back surgery for a herniated Disk, which is why the Niners went & got Young. Montana came back the next year & never skipped a beat. That was way back then. Modern Medicine is even better now. I think the only way it becomes an issue is if something goes wrong with the surgery. I think Romo will be fine.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Ebron would be Romo friendly so would make more sense than a 1st round qb. The Cowboys have very little talent on d. The mess on d wont be fixed in one draft. The injury to romo should bea clue that qb can't be ignored anymore. Orton was not worth the money. The LSU qb may be a fit for what we are doing, Manziel would be an obvious pick. Jerrah may view Manziel as a player that would draw fans tto the stadium. Its all about the money and Manziel would create lots of publicity for Jerrah. Jerrah will try and trade up for Manziel

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Ebron would be Romo friendly so would make more sense than a 1st round qb. The Cowboys have very little talent on d. The mess on d wont be fixed in one draft. The injury to romo should bea clue that qb can't be ignored anymore. Orton was not worth the money. The LSU qb may be a fit for what we are doing, Manziel would be an obvious pick. Jerrah may view Manziel as a player that would draw fans tto the stadium. Its all about the money and Manziel would create lots of publicity for Jerrah. Jerrah will try and trade up for Manziel

you know some of the things you post are pretty funny :rollseyes: