• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo press conference at 5:15

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the ass here.? I refuse to answer. I think Colors and RJ did a fine job of that.

It amazes me how many times Romotoowens gets into things with posters. I have never seen a person backtrack, move the goal post, and misremember soo much LOL

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me how many times Romotoowens gets into things with posters. I have never seen a person backtrack, move the goal post, and misremember soo much LOL

haha Tom. Who do I get into it with? If I misremember so much, why haven't I forgotten what u did on here about 3 weeks ago. I haven't brought it up because I was actually on your side.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats J, one of your buddies showed up.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to be challenged in a memory contest

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously can't believe I didn't get any likes or winners or even funnies for my work on this thread . Shit I would have even taken a rainbow or two. I mean using Romo's line of pure ecstasy - genius. The mercy clock and Arods belt- funny. I guess there is just a double standard here lol. I will just pat myself on the back. Now u can send a few Bull shits my way lol

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo reportedly contemplating retirement after the 2016 season
The longtime quarterback could walk away from the game

The future is very uncertain for Tony Romo. The only thing anyone knows is that Romo is going to sit on the bench for the near future, playing the role of mentor and cheerleader for Dak Prescott, and subject to millions of close-in camera shots every time Dak does something, good or bad.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported on Sunday morning that there will be a robust trade market for Romo this offseason, with multiple teams interested in the services (the Broncos and Cardinals have been heavily bandied about) and Romo potentially fetching as much as a second-round pick.

There's also one nuclear-esque option out there: retirement. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that walking away from the game "is a consideration" for Romo.

The decision to walk away as a member of the Cowboys for the entirety of his career would largely depend on how the season goes and how Romo feels.

Should this happen, Rapoport says to "expect him to stay within the Cowboys' organization."

Worth noting: Jason Witten, Romo's longtime Cowboys teammate and general BFF, doesn't think Romo is going to retire after the 2016 season.

Jerry Jones already pointed out how Romo would be a "great offensive coordinator" already, and he's worked with Prescott to help get the rookie quarterback ready to play at a high level. Maybe Jones was foreshadowing without really knowing what he was talking about.

It's far too early to tell what Romo is going to do in the future. He certainly believes he has high-level football left in his body, because he fought to come back from a preseason injury and reportedly asked the Cowboys for an opportunity to win the starting job back from Prescott.

So the idea of him walking away is a little far-fetched when you look around the landscape of the league and realize just how few high-quality starting quarterbacks are available.

The QB carousel could be even wilder this year, with Jay Cutler potentially out in Chicago and several other teams with veteran quarterbacks struggling at the position. There will be interest in his services if he's willing to play.

The biggest issues for a team interested in Romo will be working out a deal with the Cowboys and with Romo to acquire his services.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the coaching thing, especially OC. These Qbs that have made millions don't normally do that. All I ever hear is how much time these coaches spend away from home. Not to mention the stress. Get a job on TV.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a team have to pick up Romo's existing contract to sign him?

The desperation for a quality QB is there for sure. But a monster number to pick up an aging, often injured starter could be a major sticking point for a lot of teams.

If I know Romo, he is calculating the interest in his services before he announces what he is going to do.
Or at least i hope so. That would sure as hell be a sad way to end it all, putting yourself out there and not be picked up.

But one last indignity to go with the many undeserved in his career would not be a shock to me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a team have to pick up Romo's existing contract to sign him?

The desperation for a quality QB is there for sure. But a monster number to pick up an aging, often injured starter could be a major sticking point for a lot of teams.

If I know Romo, he is calculating the interest in his services before he announces what he is going to do.
Or at least i hope so. That would sure as hell be a sad way to end it all, putting yourself out there and not be picked up.

But one last indignity to go with the many undeserved in his career would not be a shock to me.

His contract won't be the issue IMO. We incur all of the cap hit from the bonus and restructures even if we trade him. All another team is on the hook for is the $14M salary for next year. It goes up n 2018, but no more guaranteed money so he can be cut with no impact. Not to pretend $14M is nothing, but it really isn't for a starting QB of Romo's ability in this day and age.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope he retires, but he won't

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope he retires, but he won't

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay, (<lol)

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JJ thinks he will be content next year doing what he did yesterday, the old man is crazy.