• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo is out for the season

ragman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Tony comes back 100% in 2014. It was back injuries that ended the careers of Aikman, Novacek, and Haley.

IMO, there's no way Manziel falls to the Cowboys. Todd McShay's first mock draft has him going to the Jaguars.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if Manziel falls to us or not he's to much of? to be a 1st rd pick.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some on here will say that we should give up multiple draft picks to get him or one of the top QB's

I wont be one of them.

I DO NOT think he is a NFL QB

secondly no way I take any Qb in the 1st .... Romo isn't going anywhere

and we got way too many other needs

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some on here will say that we should give up multiple draft picks to get him or one of the top QB's

no way should anyone spend a high pick on him, let alone multiple picks. For Dallas, I'd say even if he is sitting there in round 7, we don't need to touch him. He is already a media lightningrod, don't need that BS here.

Someone will draft him way too high though, so don't have to worry about him here.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way should anyone spend a high pick on him, let alone multiple picks. For Dallas, I'd say even if he is sitting there in round 7, we don't need to touch him. He is already a media lightningrod, don't need that BS here.

Someone will draft him way too high though, so don't have to worry about him here.

agreed and there are a couple of interesting Qbs in the later rounds... Not that I would want to start .... But we are talking about grooming for a couple of years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed and there are a couple of interesting Qbs in the later rounds... Not that I would want to start .... But we are talking about grooming for a couple of years.

Agreed. We need to look for the value QB pick that can be a cheap backup if nothing else. Week 17 is a perfect reason why you pay a backup QB millions, but with as tight as our cap is...we could use an extra $2M towards other guys but you have to draft him and let him play 3rd string for a year at least to get up to speed. So better get him now, since I think Orton is under contract one more year. The timeline looks great to make a 3rd or 4th round QB selection. However, we do have larger needs and could get a great starting OL in those rounds.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This club is rolling with Romo for the next 4-5 years, so in my mind, next year is not the year to draft a QB. With our cap situation, we won't be players in FA again, so we need to find as many players in the draft as we can who can contribute right away next year. Maybe an OL at some point, but next year is one year that I wouldn't mind seeing us go defense in every single round

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This club is rolling with Romo for the next 4-5 years, so in my mind, next year is not the year to draft a QB. With our cap situation, we won't be players in FA again, so we need to find as many players in the draft as we can who can contribute right away next year. Maybe an OL at some point, but next year is one year that I wouldn't mind seeing us go defense in every single round

:agree: unless Romo's injury is career threatening.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: unless Romo's injury is career threatening.

Even then it may be better to ride out another season, then dump as many cap eating contracts as possible. Just bite the bullet and hit rock bottom and rebuild fresh. I'd rather stink for a few years, build the lines then find our QB.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then it may be better to ride out another season, then dump as many cap eating contracts as possible. Just bite the bullet and hit rock bottom and rebuild fresh. I'd rather stink for a few years, build the lines then find our QB.

While I can agree with you Manster If McCarron is sitting there in the 3rd I pick him in a heatbeat and smile all day long. McCarron has the tools and has been in the spotlight and while Dallas is 100 times brighter he should not wither in the glare.

Im not going all in but the value is there in round 3 should he slip that far.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing Jerry he takes Aaron Murray in the 4th if he's there.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can agree with you Manster If McCarron is sitting there in the 3rd I pick him in a heatbeat and smile all day long. McCarron has the tools and has been in the spotlight and while Dallas is 100 times brighter he should not wither in the glare.

Im not going all in but the value is there in round 3 should he slip that far.

I think McCarron will be an interesting pick for someone, but I'm hoping Dallas doesn't pick a project in the 1st 3 rounds. Honestly, I'm a little scared of any projects in the 1st 4 rounds for a team with so many needs.

I doubt they draft a QB at all, but if they do, there might be some value in round 4 or 5 if Aaron Murray and James Franklin are on the board. Murray looked like a borderline 1st round pick a year ago, but some really bad luck could make him a steal in this years draft.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCarron will be an interesting pick for someone, but I'm hoping Dallas doesn't pick a project in the 1st 3 rounds. Honestly, I'm a little scared of any projects in the 1st 4 rounds for a team with so many needs.

I doubt they draft a QB at all, but if they do, there might be some value in round 4 or 5 if Aaron Murray and James Franklin are on the board. Murray looked like a borderline 1st round pick a year ago, but some really bad luck could make him a steal in this years draft.

Murray might have a little Russell Wilson in him. If the kid were 6'4'', he'd be a top 10 pick without a doubt