• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo is out for the season

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mortenson said its a herniated disk and he needs surgery

#theEnd, End of speculation he is done. There is no day to day with this.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is out, they wouldnt be signing another QB if he was fine

Of course not, but it is clear he is NOT FINE. What if he is questionable and then can't play and we go into the game without a backup QB? Sound like a smart idea? What if we want someone to play with the scout team in practice? Most likely it seems he won't play, but signing a 3rd QB is not proof of that.

Another thing about Romo. He does cower when the hit is coming and not follow through IMO, but God Damn does this guy play with painful injuries. He should get some credit for that even from those that bash him.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett already explained that ... Romo might miss practice and they have to have more than 1 qb in practice

Thanks, I was trying to hear that part but someone came into my office and was asking me about something here at work. I missed that part.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Romo has a herniated disk in the lumbar region and needs to have surgery, a source told ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen.

At his weekly news conference, coach Jason Garrett wouldn't rule Romo out, instead saying he would receive treatment each day this week and the team would evaluate the quarterback's injury each day."

Tony Romo of Dallas Cowboys to miss rest of season - ESPN Dallas

Just updated a couple minutes ago. If it's me, I'm just assuming Garrett is trying to throw the Eagles off. Per webMD the recovery is typically 3-4 months and results of surgery are usually positive.

if he has a herniated disk, he is done for the season.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got this online

Updating an earlier item, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Tony Romo's season-ending back injury is a herniated disc, and that he requires surgery.

Both FOX's Jay Glazer and NFL.com's Ian Rapoport have confirmed Romo's injury is a herniated disc. Meanwhile, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett danced around the issue at Monday's presser, claiming Romo would undergo treatment before the team made a determination on his Week 17 status. He's not going to play, and won't be available for the playoffs should Kyle Orton pull off a Flynn-ian miracle against the Eagles. Big D should give up the ghost some time in the next 48 hours.

that's now a lot of sources all saying the same thing.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry.....football stupid ass statements insult me

So because I didn't hear that part about why they were getting another QB, I'm stupid. I have always respected your post, but you can kiss my ass on this one.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From See BS:

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett says QB Tony Romo is undergoing treatment for a back injury, and has not been ruled out, contrary to multiple reports.

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From See BS:

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett says QB Tony Romo is undergoing treatment for a back injury, and has not been ruled out, contrary to multiple reports.

All the insiders say he is out, he is out

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isnt done ..... Only if he has the surgery. They haven't said when he will though. which can be after the season

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because I didn't hear that part about why they were getting another QB, I'm stupid. I have always respected your post, but you can kiss my ass on this one.

lol....I did not call you stupid.
but......any statement saying no way Orton can not beat the eagles is a stupid ass football statement

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jessie Holly said the players have been informed he is out.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad this Redskins fans are so eager to be the bearers of bad news

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Romo has a herniated disk in the lumbar region and needs to have surgery, a source told ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen.

At his weekly news conference, coach Jason Garrett wouldn't rule Romo out, instead saying he would receive treatment each day this week and the team would evaluate the quarterback's injury each day."

Tony Romo of Dallas Cowboys to miss rest of season - ESPN Dallas

Just updated a couple minutes ago. If it's me, I'm just assuming Garrett is trying to throw the Eagles off. Per webMD the recovery is typically 3-4 months and results of surgery are usually positive.

So he's day to day now. Wow, and the never over reaction guys had his career in jeopardy. I'm telling you, Romo was the "source".

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Jason Garetts job was in jeopardy he probably just got a free pass to go. I can't see JJ firing him IF Romo can't go.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....I did not call you stupid.
but......any statement saying no way Orton can not beat the eagles is a stupid ass football statement

Sure there is a chance, but Orton hasn't started a game in almost three years. I over reacted a little, but the chances are no where near as good without Romo. I have always stuck by this team win lose or draw, been a fan since the early 70's. I will still be rooting for a win Sunday night.