• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roman

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hope beyond all hell that Greg Roman goes finds himself a job in the tootsie roll town of Cleveland.

That man sucks at calling a game when the shit really matters.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to let him go and our DC. I still don't get why we stop blitzing in the 2nd half. Wilson had no idea what to do and then we play this cover defense. What a joke. Some one needs to be let go.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
you know who I want to replace Roman, is the WR coach from Denver. That guy knows how to develop WR's and with Adam Gase's tutelage along with what I am sure that guy has gleaned from Peyton, I would expect him to be pretty aggressive which is what I would love to see from our offense.

sidenote: I feel bad for the Baltimore Ravens.. Why might you ask? they are about to go through the Jim "run, run, run, punt offensive scheme" Hostler

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't like our offensive scheme at all.
-We pretend we can do our power running game against 9 in the box when we can't.
-How many passes did our rbs catch this year by design? Why no passes to guys like LMJ and Hunter?
-Over reliance on Gore hurt us badly in this game.
-Where's the deep balls? Where is our speedy wr?
- I watch other teams and see 6, 7, 8 guys catch balls. We throw to 2 with an occassional one to Vernon.
- Where did the play calling go that started the Arizona game?
- Way too conservative. Unfortunately, I think this is Harbs as much as anyone. I think he is perfectly fine with winning by one or two with a late fg. That is a very fine line, and one tipped pass can screw up that plan. Like yesterday.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you know who I want to replace Roman, is the WR coach from Denver. That guy knows how to develop WR's and with Adam Gase's tutelage along with what I am sure that guy has gleaned from Peyton, I would expect him to be pretty aggressive which is what I would love to see from our offense.

Sounds good to me. We REALLY need help with the wr. Oh, and can we rent Peyton for a couple of months over the summer to tutor Kap?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds good to me. We REALLY need help with the wr. Oh, and can we rent Peyton for a couple of months over the summer to tutor Kap?

shoulda just signed him two years ago and had two more super bowl rings already.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
shoulda just signed him two years ago and had two more super bowl rings already.

Did you hear them quote Peyton yesterday saying that HE did not think he would get back physically to where he is? So, what if? And two more? So far he has not gotten one more.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope beyond all hell that Greg Roman goes finds himself a job in the tootsie roll town of Cleveland.

That man sucks at calling a game when the shit really matters.

Yep, I mean it's ROMAN'S fault that Kap didn't go through his progressions on the interception to Crabtree. I mean Patton was only wide open at the 10, Boldin was wide open in the left corner of the end zone, and VD was open in the middle of the end zone.

WTF was Roman thinking?? He should have made any one of the other receivers the primary read, cuz Kaps play was flawless....

:L

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yep, I mean it's ROMAN'S fault that Kap didn't go through his progressions on the interception to Crabtree. I mean Patton was only wide open at the 10, Boldin was wide open in the left corner of the end zone, and VD was open in the middle of the end zone.

WTF was Roman thinking?? He should have made any one of the other receivers the primary read, cuz Kaps play was flawless....

:L

now now Tzill.. in no way was I clearing Kaep of ineptitude.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did you hear them quote Peyton yesterday saying that HE did not think he would get back physically to where he is? So, what if? And two more? So far he has not gotten one more.

I personally believe that if we had Peyton Manthing the last two seasons we win last years and this years super bowls. That's what I was getting at.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: that last play worked -- it could've easily been a TD. Roman did well.

To play devil's advocate to your previous posts, if the play worked well but Roman knows he has this "one read QB", should his one read be to Crabtree, knowing that he is being covered by Sherman? Shouldn't the play design come with an emphasis on one of our other playmakers?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To play devil's advocate to your previous posts, if the play worked well but Roman knows he has this "one read QB", should his one read be to Crabtree, knowing that he is being covered by Sherman? Shouldn't the play design come with an emphasis on one of our other playmakers?

Tough to say. I don't know if the play was changed at the line, or if Roman was thinking "Kap will check down here if Sherman rolls to cover Crab."

Just can't know. What we do know is that Kap was unpressured and he threw into coverage without going through his progressions.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - Patton was WIDE open...He wouldve put as in 1st and goal probably inside the 5 with 2 timouts! Not sure about Boldin though, per then NFL.com highlights Patton definitely stands out as WIDE open.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say. I don't know if the play was changed at the line, or if Roman was thinking "Kap will check down here if Sherman rolls to cover Crab."

Just can't know. What we do know is that Kap was unpressured and he threw into coverage without going through his progressions.

What I wondered was: Why would Kap decide to test Sherman at that point in the ball game? Seriously!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fault lies on Kaep for the final play. He said himself pre-snap he was throwing to Crabs. Seeing him covered like a blanket by Sherman before he threw the ball still didn't deter him.

I think Roman is universally over hyped by many in the media. So far all that hype hasn't landed him a HC gig even with a college. The Browns have yet to request permission to interview them. They did their homework on Tomsula for crying out loud. Roman was the running guru at Stanford. So far the league has really started to clamp down on his power shit when it counts. We are gonna need more ingenuity in the passing game and personnel variations. I'm hoping Chryst or Harbs get more input towards this and Kaep is able to handle it and start using progressions instead of pre-snap determinations.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I wondered was: Why would Kap decide to test Sherman at that point in the ball game? Seriously!

He was trying to prove a point. He has an affinity for his boyfriend Crabs and wanted to make them look like kings for beating Sherman.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was trying to prove a point. He has an affinity for his boyfriend Crabs and wanted to make them look like kings for beating Sherman.

Well, second straight season ender with Kap looking for Crabs. This is frustrating!