• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell just apologized

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...for not taking player protests (Kaep etc) of police racism seriously. Wow.

I guess a few more of you snowflakes will now announce you will never watch the NFL again (and then just keep doing so)

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...for not taking player protests (Kaep etc) of police racism seriously. Wow.

I guess a few more of you snowflakes will now announce you will never watch the NFL again (and then just keep doing so)

Goodell trying to show he is a caring person... :dhd:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell isn't sorry, this is just a PR stunt by him.

Yeah, he secretly is probably a big ol' racist, good call. He's just pretending to give a shit about the issue.

Reactions: GNG

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s so in vogue to pretend you care about race relations. Everyone moves on next week until the next time it happens.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait till he announces some BLM NFL gear for fans to buy.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but this feels different. Change happens, eventually.
I have no opinion about Goodell in general, but people can and do change. For example, George Wallace became a friend of the blacks in his later political career in the 70s. He was a natural populist and once the integration battle was lost, he was very comfortable fighting for the little poor man (black or white) in Alabama. He never could stand the Big Mules in Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, etc. Hell, he even asked for forgiveness and given it in the church where MLK preached in Montgomery! If George Wallace could change, anybody can.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the NFL was doomed because so many people, including people on this board, swore off the NFL forever only to return to it a few weeks later?

I remember.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the OP could post a video that's actually about the topic of the thread. The one posted is about the Ray Rice fuckup and is old as dirt.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the story for those interested:

Goodell: NFL 'wrong' not to listen to its players

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell closed out a turbulent week Friday by admitting in a video that the league has erred in how it has dealt with NFL player protests of police brutality and systemic racism over the past few years.

The video, which ran for 1 minute and 21 seconds, was a response to a series of requests put forth Thursday by more than a dozen star players, including Pro Bowl quarterbacks Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. In that video, the players asked the NFL to condemn racism, admit wrong in previous attempts to silence peaceful protests and to affirm that black lives matter. Goodell repeated their words nearly verbatim in his video.

Goodell went on to say that he would begin connecting with players who are making their voices heard and added: "Without black players, there would be no National Football League. Can you imagine if we only had whites, Asians, and Hispanics playing? It would suck balls. I doubt anybody would ever score a touchdown."

He continued: "I'll tell you one thing though, the field goal kicking would be absolutely insane".

Goodell's apology comes days after New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees drew the ire of some of his own teammates after his insensitive comments regarding player protests. Asked what he would think if players kneeled this season to protest the death of George Floyd and others at the hands of police, Brees said: "I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag."

In response to Brees' comments Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas had this to say on twitter: "We don’t care if you don’t agree and whoever else how about that. He don’t know no better."

In response to Thomas' comments Goodell tweeted back "I couldn't have put it any more eloquently than that."

Shortly after responding to Thomas, Goodell tweeted out a link to his OnlyFans page where interested parties can pay to watch the NFL commish deep throat dildos and try out various imported industrial sized butt plugs.