• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers and Brady are the two best QBs of all time...

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady needs everything to be perfect for him to succeed. He needs his 5 yard pass open or he will throw ducks deep that are caught luckily by his teammates. That last throw by Rodgers is something Brady isn't capable of doing. There hasn't been one game I have ever watched Brady and said wow. Does nothing to impress me and that goes for Manning as well during his career. Guys like Elway and Rodgers are head and shoulders better when it comes to playmaking and turning garbage into something great. Peace.
How about you just don't play with garbage every time?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet neither of them was the best QB in the league this year

That's why Ryan won MVP hands down this year and voted to All Pro team with Brady second in both. I think Rodgers deserved it more this year with Brady only playing 12 games

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers don't lie, but I remember the QB position being much tougher 20-30 years ago. They didn't have the protection they do now. That's why I tend to give more credibility to guys like Montana, Marino, Elway, Fouts than I do Brady, Manning, Rogers et al...

Don't get me wrong, they're great QBs, I just think it's difficult to compare the two generations. It's a different position today.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing the OP isn't old enough to have seen Montana and Marino...

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers don't lie, but I remember the QB position being much tougher 20-30 years ago. They didn't have the protection they do now. That's why I tend to give more credibility to guys like Montana, Marino, Elway, Fouts than I do Brady, Manning, Rogers et al...

Don't get me wrong, they're great QBs, I just think it's difficult to compare the two generations. It's a different position today.

Also Staubach and Bradshaw.
Another thing to factor is is that they called their own plays.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not until one of them wins more than 1 superbowl. I'll let you guess which one that is.

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. The NFL is such a generational game. There's a lot of rule changes, offenses change to adjust, defenses change. Back in the 60's and 70's the passing game was much more chuck it deep and let your WR's get under the ball. Completion percentage was garbage, but teams went for big plays a lot more often. Now it's nothing to have WR's average 9 or 10 YPC, as everybody is going to west coast or hybrid offenses that demand the QB get rid of the ball immediately to avoid pressure, because pass rushers are insane athletes, instead of 300 pound lumbering hulks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady needs everything to be perfect for him to succeed. He needs his 5 yard pass open or he will throw ducks deep that are caught luckily by his teammates. That last throw by Rodgers is something Brady isn't capable of doing. There hasn't been one game I have ever watched Brady and said wow. Does nothing to impress me and that goes for Manning as well during his career. Guys like Elway and Rodgers are head and shoulders better when it comes to playmaking and turning garbage into something great. Peace.

Maybe that has something to do with PRE-SNAP reads? You've just proven your counterpoint. Rodgers is a better athlete, with a stronger arm. That is not the question. Brady makes everything look easier than the average Joe, therefore his wow isn't palpable until you take a broader look.

Perfect? Really? Perfect? ... like David Patten and Troy Brown as your top two receivers? Perfect? ...as in Deion Branch your go-to guy? Really? .... perfect?

When Brady had a WR (yes, one of the best) what did he do? Broke records and went 18-0 before David Tyree caught a ball with his helmet and they lost one game...the SB, but still one game.

Rodgers is excellent. All the greats are/were great.

Brady is the GOAT, and it's not close, IMO. Maybe Belichick has something, or a lot to do with that... maybe. That doesn't change my opinion.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly not a stretch to say that Rodgers has been the best QB in the game for several years now.
Tom Brady plays with a Top 5 defense most of his career

Aaron Rodgers has to overcome is own awful defense every postseason

Not in the same class

That's not really true. Many of the defenses Brady has played with over the years have been decidedly average.

Same with his receiver crops . Some great players from time to time but often most of his WR's have been decidedly average and it's been Brady that has made them better. Brady been the glue and the buffer that lets a coach like Belichick cut corners on offense so he can concentrate on other things.

It's certainly not a stretch to say Rodgers may be the best QB in the NFL these past years but Brady is having an great one too and he's been doing that consistently for 15 years.

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the GOAT, and it's not close, IMO. Maybe Belichick has something, or a lot to do with that... maybe. That doesn't change my opinion.

I think there's certainly an argument to made for Brady being the GOAT, but I think it's closer than "not even close". Montana (cross generational stats are hard to compare) would still be "close" as in 1A and 1B, and if A-Rodg gets 1 or 2 more rings, it's going to be "close".

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's certainly an argument to made for Brady being the GOAT, but I think it's closer than "not even close". Montana (cross generational stats are hard to compare) would still be "close" as in 1A and 1B, and if A-Rodg gets 1 or 2 more rings, it's going to be "close".

Sure... "it's not close" was embellishing. I can live with that. In fact, "it's not close" is my pet peeve in fantasy football, so I'm a little ashamed I used it here.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is the best I've ever seen. He's right there with Marino as far as passing the football goes and can do so much more with his legs. If you want to argue that he has to put in a few more years to get into the GOAT conversation, fine. If championships is your end-all/be-all, the line forms behind Bart Starr. It doesn't for me. There are too many other aspects that go into the making of a championship team to hang it all on a QB. Nobody has ever played the position better than Rodgers. Btw, I hate the Pack and don't really like Rodgers either.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is one of the best pocket passers of all time...he's phenomenal, as long as he isn't pressured...but he's not mobile enough to be considered the greatest QB.
The Patriot's OL gives him great pass protection.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is the best I've ever seen. He's right there with Marino as far as passing the football goes and can do so much more with his legs. If you want to argue that he has to put in a few more years to get into the GOAT conversation, fine. If championships is your end-all/be-all, the line forms behind Bart Starr. It doesn't for me. There are too many other aspects that go into the making of a championship team to hang it all on a QB. Nobody has ever played the position better than Rodgers. Btw, I hate the Pack and don't really like Rodgers either.
I can't take Marino seriously. When he played well in the playoffs, they won. If he sucked, they lost. He never put together a good postseason run from start to finish, and he got there 10 times.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriot's OL gives him great pass protection.

And Rodgers doesn't give him any time :L Brady was pressured like crazy vs Houston and Rodgers had 5-6 sec a throw vs Dallas. NY pressured him in the first Q and he had negative yards Brady has over 100 more sack than Peyton with less games played. Say something credible and unbiased for once. Here you can watch Mr October G&G