• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rock is dead...Red Sox soon to follow

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't Rocketman. That was another dude. The ADR I think. Pulled a quote I posted from a newspaper column where the writer compared IPK to Maddux in pitching style,and it became "Nasty says IPK = Maddux, can you believe it?" What a tool.

Rocketman let it slip that he's a newer Sox fan. He used to root for the Mets. I lost all zest for arguing with him after that.

But please let this guy become the newest Yankee prospect:

.453 batting average; .597 on-base percentage; .986 slugging percentage. Thirty-three homers and 93 runs batted in … in 212 at-bats.

You look at the numbers, squint, and then look again. These are Baseball Stars numbers, a video game creation, with abilities cranked up to the max. There's no way a professional baseball player could have done this.

Except someone did. His name is Jose Abreu. He just might be the best hitter in the world. And you've probably never heard of him.

Cuba's Jose Abreu migh be the best offensive weapon on the planet - Grantland

They were talking about this guy on MLB Network I think...somewhere.

I just remember someone talking about him last week and that the Yanks were in on him.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about this guy on MLB Network I think...somewhere.

I just remember someone talking about him last week and that the Yanks were in on him.

The guy is a beast. Best hitter on Cuban teams that included Cespedes and Puig.

Let's reinvest some of that A-Rod savings over the next year and a half!

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't Rocketman. That was another dude. The ADR I think. Pulled a quote I posted from a newspaper column where the writer compared IPK to Maddux in pitching style,and it became "Nasty says IPK = Maddux, can you believe it?" What a tool.

Rocketman let it slip that he's a newer Sox fan. He used to root for the Mets. I lost all zest for arguing with him after that.

But please let this guy become the newest Yankee prospect:

.453 batting average; .597 on-base percentage; .986 slugging percentage. Thirty-three homers and 93 runs batted in … in 212 at-bats.

You look at the numbers, squint, and then look again. These are Baseball Stars numbers, a video game creation, with abilities cranked up to the max. There's no way a professional baseball player could have done this.

Except someone did. His name is Jose Abreu. He just might be the best hitter in the world. And you've probably never heard of him.

Cuba's Jose Abreu migh be the best offensive weapon on the planet - Grantland

LOL - I remember that ADR guy. Wonder what happened to him and Icarus (or Lcarus as dirt called him).

Abreu looks awesome, but he's no Puig.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a beast. Best hitter on Cuban teams that included Cespedes and Puig.

Let's reinvest some of that A-Rod savings over the next year and a half!

Yeah.

Cuban league or not, those numbers are unbelievable.

The Yanks definitely need a player like that. Even if he fails to match here what he's done there, (at least relatively) they need an injection of youth and excitement.

I'm sure bidding is gonna be fierce though.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - I remember that ADR guy. Wonder what happened to him and Icarus (or Lcarus as dirt called him).

Abreu looks awesome, but he's no Puig.

What about Pure Steel? Did he ever get wind of this place?

As far as Abreu goes, they call him "their" Barry Bonds in Cuba.

I'm thinking that means he stacks up pretty well against the likes of Puig and Cespedes.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Pure Steel? Did he ever get wind of this place?

As far as Abreu goes, they call him "their" Barry Bonds in Cuba.

I'm thinking that means he stacks up pretty well against the likes of Puig and Cespedes.

I asked the same thing about Pure Steel a couple of weeks ago.

Dirt has his contact info I believe, but said he hasn't seen or heard from him.

I wish he would come around. He's awesome.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Cuban league or not, those numbers are unbelievable.

The Yanks definitely need a player like that. Even if he fails to match here what he's done there, (at least relatively) they need an injection of youth and excitement.

I'm sure bidding is gonna be fierce though.

He's a 1B/DH, and reportedly not very athletic despite his hitting numbers. They've still got Teixeira signed through 2016. If they sign him, they've got to move him to the OF. He may not be interested in that when another team can pay him to play a position he's comfortable with.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 1B/DH, and reportedly not very athletic despite his hitting numbers. They've still got Teixeira signed through 2016. If they sign him, they've got to move him to the OF. He may not be interested in that when another team can pay him to play a position he's comfortable with.

The lure of the Yankees is still there though, especially with foreign players.

They're one of the top 2 sports franchises in the world, so if the Yanks make the top bid, I'm sure he wouldn't turn it down regardless of where they wanted him to play.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really.. it seems like a lot more then that.. anytime he comes in i cringe..

I could see that. Sometimes he is lights out, sometimes he walks one to make it interesting. But he is 34 of 36, 35 of 37 now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lure of the Yankees is still there though, especially with foreign players.

They're one of the top 2 sports franchises in the world, so if the Yanks make the top bid, I'm sure he wouldn't turn it down regardless of where they wanted him to play.

Texas has a pretty good rep in the Caribbean and south/central american leagues. Not so sure if money is equal between Texas and NYY he wouldn't go to Texas. Plus he could have the starting 1B job as soon as he were ready in Texas.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has a pretty good rep in the Caribbean and south/central american leagues. Not so sure if money is equal between Texas and NYY he wouldn't go to Texas. Plus he could have the starting 1B job as soon as he were ready in Texas.

Are they in a position to make another high dollar offer to a foreign free agent though?

I'm asking, because I'm not sure.

I do know that they currently have a pretty high payroll.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they in a position to make another high dollar offer to a foreign free agent though?

Thought they put spending Caps on IFA's?

Cubans don't count for that?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is not an international guy now, he would just be a regular FA. If he is limited to the international spending cap, then Texas is out. If not, then I think Texas is willing to pay the big bucks when they think it is needed.

edit: I see it was already answered. oh well

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alrightly I'm out. See you shit bricks Tomorrow

I could be a millionaire if I could shit bricks. Stamp Acme on em and make a fortune I tell you!