• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robinson Now Rated Higher Then Matthews

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least by espn. He is shooting up for sure. I think he is the safer pick because you could always move him to guard to be a road grader If needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we would be back to square one :bawling:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews is the #1 overall prospect on CBS sports if that matters. I like them both but Matthews is the safer pick and the better pass protector. If #2 overall plays RT longterm, he is a bust. Guard? No chance

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews is the #1 overall prospect on CBS sports if that matters. I like them both but Matthews is the safer pick and the better pass protector. If #2 overall plays RT longterm, he is a bust. Guard? No chance

from what I'm reading Robinson has more upside because he hasn't been playing very long. Matthews is the better pass blocker but Robinson is a better run blocker and has the potential to be a very good pass blocker.

the guard thing i just meant Robinson is more versatile. I don't think Matthews is built for guard duty. but i wouldn't take a tackle at 2 anyway.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher has never had a history of drafting offensive linemen early, and I would be very disappointed if he picked either of these guys at #2. Neither of them are of "Orlando Pace" quality to be drafted this high and certainly wouldn't be worth that high a pick. Perhaps at #13 possibly. I really believe we'll end up trading out of this pick. If we retain the pick, I really think they have to take a good hard look at Clowney, as he's the best athlete in this draft.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. All Robinson did last year was run block on Auburn and now he's coming into the NFL, needs to learn pass blocking skills and will be up against better, faster athletes. Upside = Jason Smith

I love how hype controls draft status. It's a joke

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep SJ76. In a matter of weeks since the end of our season, all of the discussion on these boards and others has managed to trash every potential BPA available to us at 2, 6, 13, etc. Some of these posts have suggested that no matter who you select, they could easily be a bust. What the hell!!! It is getting to the point with people's opinions, we might as well not even participate in the draft or at least trade out of the first round and pick-up the next available stiff. Unfreakinbelievable!!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep SJ76. In a matter of weeks since the end of our season, all of the discussion on these boards and others has managed to trash every potential BPA available to us at 2, 6, 13, etc. Some of these posts have suggested that no matter who you select, they could easily be a bust. What the hell!!! It is getting to the point with people's opinions, we might as well not even participate in the draft or at least trade out of the first round and pick-up the next available stiff. Unfreakinbelievable!!

it would be a lot less stressful :suds:

but the matter of fact is we just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to drafting or playing the game :doh:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of them are of "Orlando Pace" quality to be drafted this high and certainly wouldn't be worth that high a pick.
When was the last guy who had that quality? Pace was one of the best 50 college players of all time and totally destroyed the combine. The only guys in recent memory with his hype at any position have been Luck, RG3, Megatron, Suh and Clowney

I'm in total agreement with SJ76 that Matthews is the better prospect than Robinson. People are looking at his one year of dominant RT play and one year of dominant LT play in the SEC as a bad thing.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just funny how a player has a few solid years in the NCAA, but the latest greatest thing gets more hype.. And then people start drankin that kool aid. Lol. :suds:

It's like putting $100 on 1 number in roulette almost.

Hell take the stud that's been a stud and nothing but a stud his entire life maybe!?

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I feel we shouldn't even draft an OT @ #2. Personally, I've loved Watkins for a few seasons and would love to draft him. Trading back is the best choice for the team, but we have to find the right trading partner. If we were picking at 6 for example, then the tackle can be taken (maybe one of them already will be at that point) and if Watkins is still there after trading back we should still grab him.

My issues with the defensive players in the top of the draft is that they don't fit in our team (3-4 LBs and Clowney is a DE, which is already our strongest position on the team).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our options of trading partners are dwindling as the recent chatter of Kirk Cousins following Kyle Shanahan to the Browns. Might be a whole lotta speculation but if it goes down, we will be stuck at 2 without a dance partner because of all of the player movement since the Senior Bowl and teams not seeing a need to trade up. Take Matthews. Period.

Here is a question no one is paying any attention to when it comes to Matthews: Does anyone know of any member of the Matthews clan to be a bust? Clay, Bruce, the LB for Cleveland, the one that played for USC, any of them? The answer is all of them that play or played pro ball were All-Pros most of their long careers besides being complete studs at their respective positions. Cut the bullshit, select the man at 2, and be done with it!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look guys this is easy. Fisher won't draft Mathews at #2 because we won't have #2. Clowney will go with the Texans to pair with Watts, done deal. Now who needs a QB, Jags, Browns, Vikings, Raiders? Jags pick 3rd and will get the QB they want at #3, whether he is from UCF, Texan A&M or Louisville. Browns sit at #4 knowing this. They talk Johnny Football but Broyles is their guy. They will trade the two picks in the 1st round to move to #2 and then the Rams will trade back again for more. Now if Broyles goes #1 to the Texans, then the Rams draft Clowney, simple. Best player available and the trio at DE is on for the next few years. Now with Williams on board, it even makes more sense. That is how I see it but as we all know, Snead, Fisher, Texans, Jags, Browns, Vikings, Falcons etc...might have other ideas.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our options of trading partners are dwindling as the recent chatter of Kirk Cousins following Kyle Shanahan to the Browns.
Not sure what Cousins commands but the Browns could trade a 2nd round pick for him and then draft Sammy Watkins.

Imo, we shouldn't trade down with our #2 pick unless someone gives us a RG3 type of trade we can't refuse. The Rams just simply aren't going to get another shot at an elite talent for awhile with this regime.

We should be trying to trade down from #13 if they aren't sold on Clinton-Dix. A lot of the first round talents that have shown up so far dont really fit the Rams needs. CB is deep. OL is deep. RB is deep. WR is deep. S is somewhat deep.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Wash Redfaces giving up Cousins for less than a ton, especially considering the health question around RG3.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Wash Redfaces giving up Cousins for less than a ton, especially considering the health question around RG3.

Agreed, the skins are in a real bind.

It's also WAAAAAAY to early to even speculate about this stuff. Lets do ourselves a favor and just forget about the browns. There are 3 other teams with a need for a top QB in this draft that would do just fine. This is a trade thats going to take place on draft day unless Houston comes out and says who exactly they're picking @ #1

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said it is waaayyyy to early to speculate about any trades and then you turn around and speculate. WTH??

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like any talk Rams retro, draft, trades, Williams, Shottys horrible offensive skymes, I just think we have a piece of the pie that grampa will want and might give the Olds up for:whistle: