• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Roadtrip: KC, Astros, White Sox

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My whole point is..to gain 9n Houston.

By..
Crawford...51.on the.dont strike.out.list..
France......53rd..
Add..
Gurreil.jr.,...27th....and you gain..at least a bit..
Better.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the are overaggressive..
Pop up grounder..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chess .overaggressive..is get your horse.or queen traped in the rook corner

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros v mariners .this season..
Mariners are 5-2.against.astros.this season.
Winning 2 series .
Let's hope they can do it again..

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal take on the M’s this season is that they have not been great and grossly underachieved. Doesn’t matter if they ended up snagging a WC spot. Way too much inconsistency and I feel like this is mostly thanks the GM and manager.

Couple years ago when it felt like this team was on the verge of turning things around, they were on the same boat as the O’s and in fact was slightly ahead. Now, it seems like progress was slowed and the O’s seemingly are much better team. Look at how much the O’s have improved year by year, while this team seems to be dragging its feet.

My expectations for this year was for this team to challenge the division, but they stumbled out of the gates and it may be out of reach now. WC is even on the bubble.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2? That's a pipe dream. IMO they must win 1 of the next 3. They cannot get swept.

If our starting pitching goes back to being ultra stingy in the ERA dept I think we have a realistic shot at 2/3 vs Stro's.

If it turns into a slugfest all 3 games... we will be lucky to get out of HOU with a single win.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal take on the M’s this season is that they have not been great and grossly underachieved. Doesn’t matter if they ended up snagging a WC spot. Way too much inconsistency and I feel like this is mostly thanks the GM and manager.

Couple years ago when it felt like this team was on the verge of turning things around, they were on the same boat as the O’s and in fact was slightly ahead. Now, it seems like progress was slowed and the O’s seemingly are much better team. Look at how much the O’s have improved year by year, while this team seems to be dragging its feet.

My expectations for this year was for this team to challenge the division, but they stumbled out of the gates and it may be out of reach now. WC is even on the bubble.
Its the slow starts and not heating up as a team until the weather gets hot that seem to always put the team into a bind. Imagine if Safeco had walls and closed up and was heated when its cold.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our starting pitching goes back to being ultra stingy in the ERA dept I think we have a realistic shot at 2/3 vs Stro's.

If it turns into a slugfest all 3 games... we will be lucky to get out of HOU with a single win.
To me, it is more of if Seattle plays dumb like they did vs KC they don’t have a chance at winning 1 game. They made so many mental and amateur blunders against KC that they can’t vs Houston, Texas or Baltimore.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clutch points..3 roster moves.mariers must make..
Ahead of 2023..playoff run.....

Bring back .ty adcock.....not such
A bad idea ..
But there .was a reason.they sent him down.
And if he was ready to come back..
They would send for him..

Make Dylan. Moore an everyday player.
No..wrong..
Moore is good and we're he is ..we went through that before .

They gave munoz...the closer .roll .
But he is not doing well there .

Really .they should send him down..
To learn how to pitch....

3 ideas .3 bad ideas..

Moving on...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird how the offense seems to have been carrying the team lately. The start dates for these away games don't exactly mesh well with my work schedule so I haven't been able to catch much of it, but I like what I've seen from our box scores, albeit it was against the Royals.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it is more of if Seattle plays dumb like they did vs KC they don’t have a chance at winning 1 game. They made so many mental and amateur blunders against KC that they can’t vs Houston, Texas or Baltimore.

We have a very undisciplined team

sadly I think all these mental blunders are a part of this team being mis-managed by Skip Scott. No one else is to blame for all the base running brain farts than Skip Scott S.

errors in the field happen on balls in play. errors defensively by not hitting the right cutoff man or how to field a throw to get the tag down falls on the players brainfart.

Making an error on a hard hit ball is part of the game. Doing stupid shit outside the matrix of baseball lore and fundamentals is being a dumbass and costing your team wins

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Julio is going to make up for his slow season all in one week.

He's just on fire.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Christs sake !!

QUIT sliding directly into home plate on ground balls to an infielder !!

You should ALWAYS slide wide to foul territorry 2-3 feet away from the baseline ( OUTSIDE the reach of the catcher trying to tag you ) and then stab your hand at the plate quickly as you get close enough to touch it. If you slide directly into home you are in easy reach of the catcher of being tagged OUT.

Your odds of being thrown out on a bang bang play go down 80% when you utilize that approach and slide into home plate.

How is a major league team not taught this basic fundamental play ??

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio was hitting .256 after the game on Tuesday. He's currently at .273 3 days later.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Christs sake !!

QUIT sliding directly into home plate on ground balls to an infielder !!

You should ALWAYS slide wide to foul territorry 2-3 feet away from the baseline ( OUTSIDE the reach of the catcher trying to tag you ) and then stab your hand at the plate quickly as you get close enough to touch it. If you slide directly into home you are in easy reach of the catcher of being tagged OUT.

Your odds of being thrown out on a bang bang play go down 80% when you utilize that approach and slide into home plate.

How is a major league team not taught this basic fundamental play ??
But you have to slide headfirst to do that and Marines don't seem to like sliding that way at home. I agree 100% with you, but just not their thing.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford has run his course. AND HE JUST HOMERED BEFORE I HIT POST.
Marlowe still has a clue at the plate, but hasn't had the same results.
Julio playing like the guy that got paid. Needs to dominate like this more than just the handful of games he has so far.
Need a closer.
Winning since deadline. New guys have had very little to do with it.