• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Road to Royal Rumble

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what i'm thinking. Could see Asuka/Charlotte.Butif they're booking Rousey.Rousey/Charlotte and either Asuka/Bliss or Asuka/banks makes more sense.They did give Banks a bit of a heel push and potential set up for Asuka/Banks.And we do still have EC before WM.Wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of triple threat match etc either.Not a fan of Rousey just jumping in as a WM title contender without a decent amount of WWE matches under her belt either tho.Definitely the best RR I've seen in a while great PPV
I don't mind Rousey being thrown into the title mix right away. She has name value and recognition outside WWE and you take full advantage of that while you can.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And speaking of shape, how great did Trish Stratus look?

b389cf773bd7e288d21b231b6d640487--female-fitness-fitness-models.jpg

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved seeing Hurricane back in even if only for a moment. If it were me I would make him the new 205 commish. Not sure he could compete at 205 right now.

womens match was good but too many legends in my opinion. Lita barely made the moonsault. torrie missed her spot in the corner. Kelly Kelly looked like she hasnt had anything to eat since her last WWE spot. I would have rather seen a couple more NXT move up rather than Vicki

I don't mind Rousey getting a push as long as they put her in some matches between now and WM and not all just squash matches either. Asuka never said who she would challenge but I would assume Bliss since she is on Raw. they could do an EC match for the title and have Bliss lose and Asuka challenge whoever does win, assuming Sasha or Nia.
so there fore Rousey vs Charlotte at WM.
It also makes sense to put her on SML because of Sonia on Raw, Basler on NXT, SML needs a MMA fighter.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Rousey being thrown into the title mix right away. She has name value and recognition outside WWE and you take full advantage of that while you can.
I can see that point of view.But I'm not a fan of name value.Kinda like CM Punk switching to MMA and getting an immediate title shot.But thats JMO

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that point of view.But I'm not a fan of name value.Kinda like CM Punk switching to MMA and getting an immediate title shot.But thats JMO

But it makes business sense. With the WWE always trying to make WrestleMania main stream, her getting a title shot will bring more eyeballs. Plus, none of us know if Charlotte will even be champ at WM. They could always try to legitimize the women's division by not having a storyline built around the title.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it makes business sense. With the WWE always trying to make WrestleMania main stream, her getting a title shot will bring more eyeballs. Plus, none of us know if Charlotte will even be champ at WM. They could always try to legitimize the women's division by not having a storyline built around the title.
I get the money thing.Not sold on Rousey either WWE isn't UFC.As per Charlotte etc....We still don't know which title Asuka is challenging.Going by the rumors atm there's a real good chance Rousey's match at WM will not be a title match.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the money thing.Not sold on Rousey either WWE isn't UFC.As per Charlotte etc....We still don't know which title Asuka is challenging.Going by the rumors atm there's a real good chance Rousey's match at WM will not be a title match.

If the WWE is smart, the most money is her and Charlotte with a feud that leads to the 4 Horsewomen reforming then Rousey's four Horsewomen. WWE needs to cash in and Rousey is main stream enough to either get the huge TV contract or if reports are true find a big enough offer to buy the majority shares of the WWE.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the WWE is smart, the most money is her and Charlotte with a feud that leads to the 4 Horsewomen reforming then Rousey's four Horsewomen. WWE needs to cash in and Rousey is main stream enough to either get the huge TV contract or if reports are true find a big enough offer to buy the majority shares of the WWE.
Rousey is already signed full time she's working for WWE.They will make a profit either way.And most likely work towards a four horsewoman match in the future.

Right now its looking like they are leaning towards.Rousey and either the Rock or Kurt Angle vs HHH and Stephanie for WM. Continuing the Rousey Rock WM story or the Kurt Angle story they left open.To work in her actual in ring debut.With Asuka vs Charlotte and Bliss vs Jax

But you know they change directions daily

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rousey is already signed full time she's working for WWE.They will make a profit either way.And most likely work towards a four horsewoman match in the future.

Right now its looking like they are leaning towards.Rousey and either the Rock or Kurt Angle vs HHH and Stephanie for WM. Continuing the Rousey Rock WM story or the Kurt Angle story they left open.To work in her actual in ring debut.With Asuka vs Charlotte and Bliss vs Jax

But you know they change directions daily

I get the logic behind having her in a mixed tag match, as it protects her from potentially being exposed (ie: if her timing/chemistry/ring skills aren't up to par yet). You have the men do much of the work and have her come in and hit a few moves on Stephanie, and she looks good.

The last thing you want is her being in a 10-20 minute match and having it suck on her first go, like what we saw from Mayweather and LT in prior WMs...

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the logic behind having her in a mixed tag match, as it protects her from potentially being exposed (ie: if her timing/chemistry/ring skills aren't up to par yet). You have the men do much of the work and have her come in and hit a few moves on Stephanie, and she looks good.

The last thing you want is her being in a 10-20 minute match and having it suck on her first go, like what we saw from Mayweather and LT in prior WMs...
Makes sense gets her some in ring time.She looked awkward during her spot at the RR.Last thing she needs is to botch during her debut.Especially on the biggest stage

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda reported to the performance center, it will be an unbelievable pace to make her anything but a show piece at wrestlemania. They would have screwed up big time starting her in the rumble, she will probably still use the arm bar and throwing anyone over the top rope at this stage of the game would have been a waste. Even having her go over would be a big risk.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda reported to the performance center, it will be an unbelievable pace to make her anything but a show piece at wrestlemania. They would have screwed up big time starting her in the rumble, she will probably still use the arm bar and throwing anyone over the top rope at this stage of the game would have been a waste. Even having her go over would be a big risk.
I agree I could also see them running with one of the two angles.For WM that are gaining a lot of legs.Would make more sense and protect any future she has in WWE.Until she's fully prepared for the change.

either going Asuka/Charlotte and Bliss/Nia with Rousey finishing the mixed tag angle from 31

Or going Asuka/Banks and Rousey/Charlotte with the rest of the WWE and UFC 4 horsewoman at ring side. With chaos breaking out and Carmella cashing in

Idk at this point in the game they both just makes much more sense

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wouldn't it be better if it is Rousey/Charlotte than Stephanie? Charlotte is a pro and can hide if Rousey misses a spot. Stephanie and Rousey to me seems like it could be the chicks Royal Rumble where it was embarrassing to watch and ruin any credibility she would have moving forward.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda was already training in secret at the PC, so we don’t know how far along in training she is. I agree putting her in the Rumble would’ve been a big mistake.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT just makes no sense to me to rush her to wrestlemania. She is not going to be on against Flair, I thought they were originally the ones that wanted to rebuild the horsewomen. I mean it makes little sense for Asuka to not face the easy win with Alexa Bliss. Putting her in a gimmick match against HHH and Stephanie would have worked at that first appearance with her and rock, not now if they want this to be serious.

I am glad she is here, dont get me wrong, but they left the likes of Bobby Roode in NXT, seems she should dominate there first.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT just makes no sense to me to rush her to wrestlemania. She is not going to be on against Flair, I thought they were originally the ones that wanted to rebuild the horsewomen. I mean it makes little sense for Asuka to not face the easy win with Alexa Bliss. Putting her in a gimmick match against HHH and Stephanie would have worked at that first appearance with her and rock, not now if they want this to be serious.

I am glad she is here, dont get me wrong, but they left the likes of Bobby Roode in NXT, seems she should dominate there first.
It makes a lot of sense if you're trying to pull in casual fans and her UFC fans to watch WM which means buy the WWE Network. Rousey has name value and recognition beyond wrestling and you want to take advantage of that asap! WM is they're next big PPV and using her makes a ton of sense. How is the big question.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes a lot of sense if you're trying to pull in casual fans and her UFC fans to watch WM which means buy the WWE Network. Rousey has name value and recognition beyond wrestling and you want to take advantage of that asap! WM is they're next big PPV and using her makes a ton of sense. How is the big question.
Thats where it gets tricky. Everyone knows she's been training. But we also know this is not UFC. Putting Rousey in a big match could mean profit. But risking a massive mistake could destroy her value. Would have preferred they started her in NXT like Shayna and got some actual matches in. But it is what it is. Best bet may be a gimmick match still sells tickets. And work her in with some maths going toward summerslam imo

Lets not forget while Lesner has done well. Theres been a fair share of UFC fighters that fell pretty flat

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats where it gets tricky. Everyone knows she's been training. But we also know this is not UFC. Putting Rousey in a big match could mean profit. But risking a massive mistake could destroy her value. Would have preferred they started her in NXT like Shayna and got some actual matches in. But it is what it is. Best bet may be a gimmick match still sells tickets. And work her in with some maths going toward summerslam imo

Lets not forget while Lesner has done well. Theres been a fair share of UFC fighters that fell pretty flat
Disagree about that. I think it's been the other way around for former champions. Dan 'the beast' Severn and Ken Shamrock come immediately to mind. And, the lethal weapon Steve Blackmon and Lashley. Tank Abbit in WCW. Lesnar went into UFC after his first WWE stint. So, he was a wrestler first then did MMA after his failed NFL tryout and a short stint in New Japan.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched WWE in God knows how long. But I heard some of the OG's returned to the Rumble, so I checked it out online.

- Rey Mysterio looked ripped.

- Brock Lesnar is still a freak.

- Lita, Torrie Wilson, Molly Holly, Michelle McCool, Kelly Kelly, Mickie James, and Trish Stratus got significantly more reactions than today's bitches :rofl:. Such a shame.

- I loved that Mickie and Trish face-off by the way. But they didn't have a Lita vs Trish face-off!? What the fuck!?

I might start watching Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania again each year for that nolstagia, but that's it.

Holy fucking shit WWE is so bad now yo.