• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivals Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30e.jpg_large
4a9.jpg

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys got a few more years to go before that kind of talk is looked at in the same light.

IMO anyway.. I still catch myself slipping sometimes, but I try and not use it like that anymore.. People my age used it as younger kids with no clue on the matter. And it still sticks around.
It does not bother me but, it just shows how many trashy people are on the internet.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys got a few more years to go before that kind of talk is looked at in the same light.

IMO anyway.. I still catch myself slipping sometimes, but I try and not use it like that anymore.. People my age used it as younger kids with no clue on the matter. And it still sticks around.
100% this. Grew up saying "That's gay", and never really knew the implications.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious to know why it is ok to say something bad is gay or why is it ok to call someone a faggot here? Should it be ok then to call someone the N word or wetback?

I don't use the word faggot I think it's demeaning but gay in the way it's used in general is sarcastic.

But like TL said it isn't quite there yet

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does not bother me but, it just shows how many trashy people are on the internet.
I have never had issues with gay people. Worked with a bunch when I was in the service industry in Vegas. Had some good friends along the way. They weren't very sensitive to the terms, and we would often exchange "fag/queer" for their " breeder/normy" tags.

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't use the word faggot I think it's demeaning but gay in the way it's used in general is sarcastic.

But like TT said it isn't quite there yet
Some would say the N word should be allowed here since faggot is.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious to know why it is ok to say something bad is gay or why is it ok to call someone a faggot here? Should it be ok then to call someone the N word or wetback?

None of that is "okay". It's just a slippery slope once you go down the road of banning folks and what leads to killing a forum. Also, each forum has their own moderators and they kind of decide what they allow and each forum kind of has a life of its own. I don't speak for the entire site. I'm strictly assigned the politics forum. I do occasionally delete the insults, but it's an impossible task to catch them all. Not to mention, it's extremely unpopular when I do it.

sanction

Bama Don’t Care
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The politics forum mod title was just one of many bad decisions I've made in my lifetime. I'm pretty damn happy to have new college football forum blood. I might start posting over here more again. All the oldtimers on here I can pretty much tell you what they are going to say in response to my post before they say it. Good folks, but we've reach the end of the internet as far as debating goes.

Not to mention, Saban has beaten me into submission. It's kind of boring to argue over who comes in 2nd place every year. :tsk:

Saban just wants you to do the things necessary to put yourself
and your team in a position to be successful.

The Process.

Page 2
Item 1
1.5 -2.4

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved that duck.

Over the past two years, sometimes for weeks at a time, we'd have to carry her down to the lake and carry her back up to the hutch when she didn't have the strength or smarts to do it herself.

She was part of a sub flock with Timmy and Jimmy. We named her Kimmy after our half crippled friend Kim.

Last edited:

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that is "okay". It's just a slippery slope once you go down the road of banning folks and what leads to killing a forum. Also, each forum has their own moderators and they kind of decide what they allow and each forum kind of has a life of its own. I don't speak for the entire site. I'm strictly assigned the politics forum. I do occasionally delete the insults, but it's an impossible task to catch them all. Not to mention, it's extremely unpopular when I do it.
I understand completely what you are saying. My love of sports and gambling has never interested any of my Gay friends. I have desensitized myself from this since sports has mostly always been anti Gay.

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand completely what you are saying. My love of sports and gambling has never interested any of my Gay friends. I have desensitized myself from this since sports has mostly always been anti Gay.
Anti-gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.