• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivals Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know whatever happened to Nolein3D? He became a mod then disappeared.

What happened to the Miami fan living in NY, Rick the Nebraska fan, CowboyintheUK?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif
Nobody cares about likes, they are not magic bullets to win an argument....

<--- three felonies, a shitload of misdemeanors including a couple of DV's yet I'm legally armed to the teeth and I can vote. :cool:

Flag_map_of_Alaska.png

What kind of scum brags about being a worthless convict???

tOSUstate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since quite a few of you seem to miss Mono I decided to PM him and invite him to this board.
He said that he will join up later today or first thing tomorrow.

nappyvalley

Rivals Asylee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened to the Miami fan living in NY, Rick the Nebraska fan, CowboyintheUK?

Good question @ Nolein3D. Maybe we should compile a list of missing persons we are seeking

rudeboycane is the first one. That dude's a trip, I'd love to see him here. Korean wife, rich but routinely steals sugar packets or something, tipped us off to Rachael Ray's swingin lifestyle, etc etc

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nole had a change in jobs and life changes with wife and kids. Just didnt have time anymore.

Was a great guy. Did some of my early mod time with him. I know a few posters had him on Facebook.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rudeboycane? haven't seen him in soundoff in almost a year

Pegleggedgreg

fantastic man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question @ Nolein3D. Maybe we should compile a list of missing persons we are seeking

rudeboycane is the first one. That dude's a trip, I'd love to see him here. Korean wife, rich but routinely steals sugar packets or something, tipped us off to Rachael Ray's swingin lifestyle, etc etc

I hope Rudeboy’s ok, he’s been absent from Rivals for over a year and it was all-of-a-sudden, too.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rick from NEB, who loved astronomy and all that stuff, moved to CHIC burbs couple years ago, actually close to me, one city over.

I tried to meet up, invited him, as we were going to, as I know a couple good NE bars near us. Many Husker alums in the area.

But we never did get him out to NE husker bars, as he then stopped posting on rivals about year and half ago.
He was older guy, so hopefully all is Ok.

GatorTheo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, all of us,
You and I both yes, as we were not TCU
but we stood by our banned Rivals friends - and moved also.

Just last night a new thread popped up asking where Falcon was, and Bowl Pick'em was,..... I responded he is over
here, and SportsHoopla has a Pickem coming up, and tojoin us if desired,

And a few jumped all over me, upset that I mentioned Hoop, and MF being gone, and why those of us not banned are still dropping in on rivals. There is some bitterness over there., for sure.
Is that the thread that has dropped to page 2? It doesn’t look like you describe. Can you tell if it was edited?

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rick the racist Nebby fan was booted from my Facebook after a racist comment on my wall. Grrrr!!!!

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I never saw him post anything except about astronomy stuff.
Yeah man. It was outta nowhere. I'd never seen or heard him speak that way either. 'Rocket Rick', he was all about his telescope, but that was too much. A few of my friends called him out before I even saw it... was pretty ugly.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm airing it all out I might as well bring up my dear friend TrojanBill. He's the reason I found Rivals. During a vacation (really a work trip for my wife) to Seattle in 2006 we met Bill and his wife who were staying in our hotel. One morning I came down for breakfast and he was reading Rivals. He LOVED his Trojans, who at the time were in the mist of their great run under Carroll. I signed up a few days later and voolaa, GoldenAlley was born lol. If you remember TrojanBill his posts were epic but he'd spend HOURS creating them. Posters would make fun of him because they were long winded (probably like this one). We kept in touch via text and one day he asked if I knew why he'd caught a 3 day ban. He emailed Nitt but no response. I emailed Nitt, still no response. So I went after Nitt on Soundoff. AR stepped in and banned me for it. I emailed AR to see what was up. I told him Bill had been banned for no reason. AR said he'd email Nitt. Why Nitt was being an asshole to us about it I don't know. AR emailed me back and said Nitt said Bill's post was "too long". Seriously? You banned someone over a post being too long? Talk about a power trip.

Long story shortened (a bit), Bill gave up on Soundoff, he loved talking USC to a national audience. It came at a difficult point in his life as well, his mother had just passed and his son was diagnosed with leukemia. Nitt never emailed either of us back. When I finally blew up on AR he nuked me. Psute followed with posts in the thread that said I was a horrible person and he hoped I would never post on Soundoff again. This of course was after I was banned and couldn't respond. Garnett and Nolein3d got involved. When I created another account to respond Garnett IP banned me so I gave up.

I joined Rivals Soundoff to talk Notre Dame football and did so for years. When AR and Nitt joined and then somehow became mods the whole experience changed. So I'm glad ya'll found this site. I haven't spoken to Bill in years but sent him a text with a link to this board. I hope my old friend is in good health and can join.

@PSUTE

Come defend yourself

:happy:

Nothing to defend. Everyone has their own point of view. I was not on the board until 2008, under a different handle. Did not come back until 2010. At that point, AR was gone (the first time) and Nitt was the only active mod. It was like the wild west. Used to have a pool on how many threads on page 1 he would lock in the morning. Was around regularly for a year or so, BG, Big 8 and Nolein were mods and I was invited to become a mod. Then David Fox left and the board was no longer being run by a football guy, but low level technocrats. This was in late 2011 early 2012, about the time the original Inner Circle was created by Dawg E and VT. By the time Nitt and BG were able to find out who was actually in charge, months had passed, and I became a mod in mid 2012. During those months, BG was viciously attacked on multiple fronts and dropped out as a mod. Nitt brought back AR as a mod about a year later. The amount of time Nitt, AR and myself were mods at the same time was short, as Nitt left shortly after Dawg E passed. As far as what Golden Alley is referring to, I have no memory of it...

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the thread that has dropped to page 2? It doesn’t look like you describe. Can you tell if it was edited?

There were a few different pick em threads, if it helps you Jenner was one of them that barked at me, no pun
She does not like this place, and HAS actively voiced this displeasure.

In another, MF was brought up and a couple people got very snippy when it was stated he was one of the Departed. Cannot recall which thread exactly,

Pegleggedgreg

fantastic man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were two threads; one started by GENole (good fella, wish he was here) and another by Gus (good fella who is here). In the one started by GE Nole, the only comment registering any negativity was by the SheriffJustice troll "Suicide by Mod took out MF...He now wears it like a badge of honor" in reference to Mizzoufalcon.

In the other thread started by Gus, the only comment registering negativity was by Jenner saying SportsHoopla was
"it's a piss poor board" and when Windy said for everyone to "Come on over to SportsHoopla, we have a Bowl Pick'em that will be rocking over there....", Jenner also said "Why do you still come here?"

Honestly, I think all of that was harmless and isn't worth touting as offensive. Jenner is upset that her environment has been severely altered for the worse, and SheriffJustice is a troll. /nutshell

Status
Not open for further replies.