• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rip Phyllis

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phyllis George.

Wow. This was some surprising news today. Some of you probably don’t remember her. She co hosted the NFL Today on Sundays before the games, along with Irv Cross and Brent Musberger. As a kid, I would watch her every week because it seemed she always favored the Cowboys.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is from my hometown of Denton, Texas.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phyllis George.

Wow. This was some surprising news today. Some of you probably don’t remember her. She co hosted the NFL Today on Sundays before the games, along with Irv Cross and Brent Musberger. As a kid, I would watch her every week because it seemed she always favored the Cowboys.

She, Irv, the Greek and Brent made that 30 minutes before a game mandatory viewing. Very little fluff... plenty of solid content. And her interviews were always damn good. And she was able to make Giants, Redskins and Eagles fans respect her even though she was from here. Pretty high praise.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She, Irv, the Greek and Brent made that 30 minutes before a game mandatory viewing. Very little fluff... plenty of solid content. And her interviews were always damn good. And she was able to make Giants, Redskins and Eagles fans respect her even though she was from here. Pretty high praise.

I knew you would be one to remember her Sir Robin. Those damn check marks the Greek use to put up use to make me so mad. My dad would just laugh at me.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you would be one to remember her Sir Robin. Those damn check marks the Greek use to put up use to make me so mad. My dad would just laugh at me.

I just beat Manster and PDay... because we’re all old.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very confused when I saw that she died and was only 70 years old. Then I realized that I was mixing her up with Phyllis Diller.

RIP

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this little gem from her first year and her first playoff pregame. December 28, 1975.

Ahh... good times.

My dad was a huge AFC guy. Of course CBS was the NFC. Looking at her in this video makes me understand why he let me watch the CBS pregame. Ha.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't have said this any better. I really enjoyed the pre-game show in those days.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just beat Manster and PDay... because we’re all old.
awesome find....Loved seeing the commercials...Walt Garrison with a little pinch between your cheek & gum was a classic.

Nothing like the 1975 dirty dozen season
Hail Mary classic
37-7 ass whipping of the Rams in LA...Preston Pearson was a star that day....Landry's shoval pass play
First Pitt SB loss when Henderson said Bradshaw couldn't spell cat even if you spotted him the first two letters.

THANKS SIR ROBIN

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome find....Loved seeing the commercials...Walt Garrison with a little pinch between your cheek & gum was a classic.

Nothing like the 1975 dirty dozen season
Hail Mary classic
37-7 ass whipping of the Rams in LA...Preston Pearson was a star that day....Landry's shoval pass play
First Pitt SB loss when Henderson said Bradshaw couldn't spell cat even if you spotted him the first two letters.

THANKS SIR ROBIN

My first thought as I was watching that was this...

If Bud Grant would have had any clue what was coming about three hours after that opening, you think he would have just asked CBS to maybe pass on airing that?