• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DAK PRESCOTT

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak looked fantastic against the Lions. If he continues to play at that level, the Cowboys will go to the Super Bowl IMO

Agree I thought he played better vs Lions than he did Tampa. He took some chances vs the Lions and got rewarded. Tampa he checked it down on 3rd and 12 and played for the fg. Inside the 30, Bailey is pretty much automatic. Take shots there. Let Dez make a play.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he made bad plays vs the Bucs, but 2 different times he checked it down to Zeke on 3rd and long in the red zone. Bailey didn't need the extra 5 yards. He is gonna hit it regardless. Against the Lions it was almost like Garrett said this, because he was faced with it twice and threw to the end zone both times. I think that was his big focus this week - the red zone.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romo needs snaps but he should be treated as any other back up QB in this team situation.
Dak plays the entire game tonight unless we're up 3 scores with the ball and about 10 minutes to play. Dak plays the first half against the eagles and Tony gets the second half

After hearing Garrett talk today and of course JJ after the game, something sounds real odd.. A reporter asked about Romo. Garrett claimed he wanted all players too play if the right opportunity presented itself. Garrett claimed that Romo has prepared,to play each week and done a good job in his role. With that being said, it sounds like he isn't playing. It's like they are treating him as an emergency QB1 instead of a QB 2. When Dak got slammed early his head hit the turf. He looked fine but I heard a whistle. It ended up being too many men in the huddle. I thought they were gonna check him.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree and if I'm Romo I want to play and it's not like he is getting many snaps with the first team Offense in practice anyway. I'd want to show everyone I can still play and I want to feel part of the team and I bet he'd feel amazing after hearing the fans cheer for him like we just won a SB when he runs out onto the field. The odds are we won't need him, but people are saying sitting Dak would be a problem because it would disrupt his rhythm and he has played every snap. What does that say for Romo??? He's going to come off the bench in a two minute offense in a playoff game and play at a high level after not throwing a pass in a game in well over a year??? That one drive, if it happens, could be our entire season. Romo needs to play Football or he should not be the #2 QB. He should have played the last series last night too IMO, but it's been made to be such a big deal now that I think Garrett kind of shied away from that aspect.

And if we are sitting him because we are worried about his trade value, then shame on us for not doing everything possible to win this year. You never know if it's another 20 years before you go in with HFA. Trade value for a backup versus having your backup QB ready if needed is a big difference.

Listening to Aikman yesterday he thought that JJ was not making the right moves and he also said that it makes no since to not play Romo the second half. He also said as a player you want to play every snap every game but there is a law of diminishing returns on that too. (paraphrased that part) He said that they never won a SB without the bye and that is what you play the regular season for, to get the bye. Now that that has been accomplished it would not bother HIM if he sit.

IMO it is such a symbiotic relationship between the Cowboys and Romo. The Cowboy's need him for two things right now: Best back up in the league by a country mile going into the playoffs and a nice piece of chum in the offseason that could net us a nice shark. Romo needs the Cowboys for two things: show case his talents and an early release. Romo already has a place in Cowboys lore and will be a ROH recipient. I don't want to, but time to move on if we can't have both. What, 8 weeks ago I was saying he should replace Dak when healthy and now I am saying we should give him a release if that is his wish. Crazy year....fucking fantastic but crazy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you hold onto him. Let him compete for the job next yr knowing you aren't going to make a change. Wait for that Bridgewater / Bradford moment and then look what you have. Crap thing to do but I'm sure worse has been done

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you hold onto him. Let him compete for the job next yr knowing you aren't going to make a change. Wait for that Bridgewater / Bradford moment and then look what you have. Crap thing to do but I'm sure worse has been done

I would like to have both but if he wants his trade/release you give it to him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of folks are talking about Jerry making a bad move not playing Romo, but Jerry's comments have flip flopped 4 times on the subject. The guy that actually makes the call has been steadfast all along. Garrett said the starters would play last week. This week Romo will likely be inactive, with Sanchez mopping up, so they can carry an extra lineman

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of folks are talking about Jerry making a bad move not playing Romo, but Jerry's comments have flip flopped 4 times on the subject. The guy that actually makes the call has been steadfast all along. Garrett said the starters would play last week. This week Romo will likely be inactive, with Sanchez mopping up, so they can carry an extra lineman
It's just crazy to think this team has a backup QB that is just sitting there doing nothing and they aren't going to play him. WTF do they think they are saving him for??? Might as well just make Sanchez the game day #2 for the playoffs if Romo can't get through a Qtr or even a couple of series of Football. If we need him to replace an injured Dak in the playoffs and he isn't at his best because he didn't play at all it would be a disgrace. This year is about playoff advancement now and doing whatever it takes to climb each additional rung on the ladder. Head shaking still required with the Dallas Cowboys...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just crazy to think this team has a backup QB that is just sitting there doing nothing and they aren't going to play him. WTF do they think they are saving him for??? Might as well just make Sanchez the game day #2 for the playoffs if Romo can't get through a Qtr or even a couple of series of Football. If we need him to replace an injured Dak in the playoffs and he isn't at his best because he didn't play at all it would be a disgrace. This year is about playoff advancement now and doing whatever it takes to climb each additional rung on the ladder. Head shaking still required with the Dallas Cowboys...
Romo played pretty damn well when Bledsoe went down...that's why he got the job in the first place. He had no practice time, just wing it. He's a Hell of a lot better QB now than he was then, and he is practicing. While you are shaking your head, so are the Cowboys at you. What is the risk/reward with playing him? He "knocks the rust off"...well, after Dak plays his half or whatever, Romo would be knocking off that rust without TSmith who isn't playing, Zeke, who will be chilling, and probably 3-4 other key starters....against a Philly D that will play their first string all game long. You really want to risk Romo getting crushed by Brandon Graham, losing our insurance policy for the playoffs, along with whatever trade value he has this off-season, so Romo can get some reps in, in case Dak gets hurt in a playoff game, which is the only scenario Romo plays in the playoffs? I'd have liked to have seen Romo one last time too, but their decision making is sound

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo played pretty damn well when Bledsoe went down...that's why he got the job in the first place. He had no practice time, just wing it. He's a Hell of a lot better QB now than he was then, and he is practicing. While you are shaking your head, so are the Cowboys at you. What is the risk/reward with playing him? He "knocks the rust off"...well, after Dak plays his half or whatever, Romo would be knocking off that rust without TSmith who isn't playing, Zeke, who will be chilling, and probably 3-4 other key starters....against a Philly D that will play their first string all game long. You really want to risk Romo getting crushed by Brandon Graham, losing our insurance policy for the playoffs, along with whatever trade value he has this off-season, so Romo can get some reps in, in case Dak gets hurt in a playoff game, which is the only scenario Romo plays in the playoffs? I'd have liked to have seen Romo one last time too, but their decision making is sound
Do you really think the team is thinking about Romo's trade value? I keep reading that on here, but can't imagine that is even 1% the case in the Dallas organization. So they get what, a 4th instead of a 3rd? What if he lights it up and it turns into a 2nd? It works both ways.

He is a backup. He needs to be ready to play if Dak gets hurt. You honestly think he is more ready not playing and getting scout team reps all week than playing in an NFL game? And if we are worried about him getting through a series or two, then Sanchez damn well better be active too in the playoffs because that must mean he is even more fragile than in the past. Players get hurt. If Dak can play with T Smith out so can Romo. You can play the what if game forever. It's about playing the odds and trying to win a championship. They don't come around all the time.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think the team is thinking about Romo's trade value? I keep reading that on here, but can't imagine that is even 1% the case in the Dallas organization. So they get what, a 4th instead of a 3rd? What if he lights it up and it turns into a 2nd? It works both ways.

He is a backup. He needs to be ready to play if Dak gets hurt. You honestly think he is more ready not playing and getting scout team reps all week than playing in an NFL game? And if we are worried about him getting through a series or two, then Sanchez damn well better be active too in the playoffs because that must mean he is even more fragile than in the past. Players get hurt. If Dak can play with T Smith out so can Romo. You can play the what if game forever. It's about playing the odds and trying to win a championship. They don't come around all the time.
No, I think the team thinks that without Tyron Smith, and without mobility, Graham will knock Romo out for another year. They'd rather have insurance for the playoffs and yes, some trade value. Dak is not likely to get hurt, there's little chance Romo takes one snap

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think the team thinks that without Tyron Smith, and without mobility, Graham will knock Romo out for another year. They'd rather have insurance for the playoffs and yes, some trade value. Dak is not likely to get hurt, there's little chance Romo takes one snap
But the risk/reward is completely different. if Dak gets hurt it's possibly disastrous and could end our season. If Romo gets hurt it's likely not going to affect the season at all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think it's already decided he's NOT taking a snap, but that doesn't make it the smart move. You play your starter and say every game is the same and we try as hard as we can to win every game and then you worry about playing a backup? Something is wrong with that logic IMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the risk/reward is completely different. if Dak gets hurt it's possibly disastrous and could end our season. If Romo gets hurt it's likely not going to affect the season at all.
See, I disagree. There's little chance Dak gets hurt, but if he does, I'd like a 100% chance of having rusty but healthy and practicing Romo than a possible Sanchez sighting if Romo got hurt against Philly. One half 2-3 weeks before he might get a chance to play isn't going to change his playoff performance that much IMO. In fact, it might be for the better. Romo loves to get in the gun and audible and beat the D match-up wise, with his intelligence, which he is great at. To me, if disaster struck, and Romo did go in, he can spend a quarter getting acclimated by handing off to Zeke and throwing the occasional play action pass

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no reason not to play Romo in this game. I am sure he wants to. Like you said, what if dak gets hurt in the playoffs game and a rusty Romo gets his first game play in a critical playoff game. That is a disaster waiting to happen. And then the "why did they not give Romo some regular season snaps to get him ready" talk will be heard around the world. Playing in Practice is nothing compared to playing in a real game. I want this team to be fully prepared for a worst case scenario. The playoffs are one lose season over.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I disagree. There's little chance Dak gets hurt, but if he does, I'd like a 100% chance of having rusty but healthy and practicing Romo than a possible Sanchez sighting if Romo got hurt against Philly. One half 2-3 weeks before he might get a chance to play isn't going to change his playoff performance that much IMO. In fact, it might be for the better. Romo loves to get in the gun and audible and beat the D match-up wise, with his intelligence, which he is great at. To me, if disaster struck, and Romo did go in, he can spend a quarter getting acclimated by handing off to Zeke and throwing the occasional play action pass
Sure if he had to play the whole game. My worry is more based on Dak going down with us down and with the ball and 3 minutes left in the game and one time out. Or even just late in the game in general when he needs to come out throwing

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason not to play Romo in this game. I am sure he wants to. Like you said, what if dak gets hurt in the playoffs game and a rusty Romo gets his first game play in a critical playoff game. That is a disaster waiting to happen. And then the "why did they not give Romo some regular season snaps to get him ready" talk will be heard around the world. Playing in Practice is nothing compared to playing in a real game. I want this team to be fully prepared for a worst case scenario. The playoffs are one lose season over.
Right. We paid Orton a lot of money hoping to never use him, but we paid him in case we did. That's how I look at this situation with Romo. We probably won't need him, but the beauty of having Romo as our backup QB is that he is a very good QB...but if he isn't sharp much of the benefit of having him on the bench goes away if he is needed. He is still better than most or probably all other backups even without playing, but if he is rusty he isn't the best "Tony Romo" he can be. How many teams could lose an MVP caliber starter and with the game on the line have their backup step in and still feel confident that they could score quickly? That is what I want this team to have and I think all we need for that is to get Romo somewhere between two series and a half of real game snaps. If we are that worried about him getting hurt,,,then keep it at two series:2cents:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all backups in, it is wise not puting Romo on the field. We all know hes an injury risk so why would you even consider playing him with inferior protection? Maybe you're secretly hoping hed get hurt one more time so the team will HAVE to be done with him.