• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Johnny Hockey

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the intersection where it happened...it isn't the most cyclist friendly road, that's for sure. I grew up maybe 20 mins from here.

View attachment 372513

This is SO sad and also why I don't bike on roads any longer. Aside from drunk drivers, cell phone usage makes roadside biking with no shoulders too dangerous. A friend of mine lost his brother this exact same way - rural road, clipped by a car.

Great career, so tragic. Thought it was a joke when I initially read the headline. Felt sick afterwards. The timing makes it even worse.

Condolences to his family, the Blue Jackets' fam, the Flames' fam, and hockey at large. Just awful.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is if you have kids, give them an extra long hug the next time you see them and tell them how much you love them.

The psychological impact of 2 of the same family dying like this at the exact same moment is beyond imaginable to every living Gaudreau and extended family.

I have served families that have lost multiple family members at the same time from accidents (and overdoses) and from my experience the loss you see In their eyes is something I'll hold with me for as long as I'm alive.. I wish I could serve this family and support them and I know there is someone there that can guide them through the necessary process but once that's all over the everlasting loss remains ... My God the more I think this through I'm more and more mindful of life..

Someone posted that if you can reconcile with the estranged but I don't really agree with that . Not every person you are estranged with deserves reconciliation.. but you can forgive and walk away from any ill will... That I can do and Hug everyone you love ...

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I lived in Massachusetts a few years ago, it was obvious that drunk driving wasn't taken seriously enough. Time after time, motor vehicle homicide cases revealed that drivers had been driving after 8 or 10 drunk driving arrests and had revoked licenses but were still driving anyway. I used to say the state wouldn't do anything until you killed someone.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I lived in Massachusetts a few years ago, it was obvious that drunk driving wasn't taken seriously enough. Time after time, motor vehicle homicide cases revealed that drivers had been driving after 8 or 10 drunk driving arrests and had revoked licenses but were still driving anyway. I used to say the state wouldn't do anything until you killed someone.

I don't think it's taken seriously enough anywhere unfortunately. Same for cell phone usage while driving, which killed my co-worker's sister about 10 years ago. Yes we're always told that both are wrong but it's rarely enforced to the extent that it should be except when it results in tragedy. If they enforced it just as severely all the time, there'd be far fewer tragedies.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drunk drivers mug shot is out there on Twitter too, I don’t wanna post it to bring more attention to the guy. What an awful, terrible situation. I can’t stop thinking about how the Gaudreau family must feel today

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins was previously arrested for driving while intoxicated in Cumberland County. WRAL Data Trackers found Higgins was charged with DWI in 2005, but the case was dismissed because the law enforcement officer didn't show up for court. Higgins also had a speeding ticket dismissed in Cumberland County in 2001 because he had a good driving record.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds me of that "viral" video where the chick just killed 2 people driving drunk and keeps asking the cops when she will be released because she has work (or was it school) on Tuesday :L
I do remember that, she kept going on about how was she going to get to school. Unbelievable

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know if he was drinking at a bar because if he was, shouldn't the person/people serving him alcohol also bear considerable liability for this tragedy?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins was previously arrested for driving while intoxicated in Cumberland County. WRAL Data Trackers found Higgins was charged with DWI in 2005, but the case was dismissed because the law enforcement officer didn't show up for court. Higgins also had a speeding ticket dismissed in Cumberland County in 2001 because he had a good driving record.
He looks exactly like I thought he would.