• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Johnny Hockey

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the rumours flying last night but didn't want to feed it in case of trolls trying to get hits and views and hoping that it just wasn't true ... What an absolute tragedy and devastating loss to the Gaudreau family and their friends ... Rip Johnny and Matthew ... Just crushing..

Last edited:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texted a buddy who grew up playing hockey in south Jersey...Gaudreau's dad taught him hockey when he was 8...basically yelled at him a lot.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the rumours flying last night but didn't want to feed it in case of trolls trying to get hits and views and hoping that it just wasn't true ... What an absolute tragedy and devastating loss to the Gaudreau family and their friends ... Rip Johnny and Matthew ... Just crushing..

Yeah, same here, I saw it on twitter last night and was hoping it was a sick joke. This is so sad, RIP Johnny and Matthew. I can't imagine what the family is going through.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, same here, I saw it on twitter last night and was hoping it was a sick joke. This is so sad, RIP Johnny and Matthew. I can't imagine what the family is going through.
Sisters wedding was this weekend too

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, just awful. The entire Flames fanbase was rejuvenated with the arrival of Johnny, but the entire Gaudreau family was embraced by the city of Calgary. I still find this news hard to believe, it's very tragic.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just awful. The entire Flames fanbase was rejuvenated with the arrival of Johnny, but the entire Gaudreau family was embraced by the city of Calgary. I still find this news hard to believe, it's very tragic.
They have that kind of effect on people. Jane and Guy got ovations almost as big as Johnny when they showed up on the board. Just good people.

I watched Sean Monahan's interview last night before bed, and thankfully didn't see the rumors. Sean said he was super excited to see Johnny this week and was really looking forward to getting to live near him again and have their kids grow up together. He even joked that if the "boringSeanMonahan" Twitter page fires back up, then he will know for sure who was behind it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as when Luc Bourdon passed. He was quite liked here. Just tragic

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know.

I found out about this just before I tucked myself in to rest. The later it got, the more I believed that it was true.

May Mr. Higgins get charged with murder and may Johnny and Matty RIP

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have that kind of effect on people. Jane and Guy got ovations almost as big as Johnny when they showed up on the board. Just good people.

I watched Sean Monahan's interview last night before bed, and thankfully didn't see the rumors. Sean said he was super excited to see Johnny this week and was really looking forward to getting to live near him again and have their kids grow up together. He even joked that if the "boringSeanMonahan" Twitter page fires back up, then he will know for sure who was behind it.
That hits hard oof

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leslie who is a Flames beat writer/tv guy recounted this story on the Fan 960 (Calgary sports radio station):

Johnny would continue to watch Flames games after going to Columbus. He would text Leslie to work in certain random words into his intermission speech - with a promise of a steak dinner if he did.

So he gave the word "popsicle" to Leslie - and Ryan would say something like "Rasmus goes in and scores.. popsicles all around!" and immediately, Johnny texts Leslie to thank him.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
complete gut punch to think about this. Theyre all gathered as a family to celebrate her big day and this horrific tragedy happens. Dear god ... rest in peace Johnny

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
complete gut punch to think about this. Theyre all gathered as a family to celebrate her big day and this horrific tragedy happens. Dear god ... rest in peace Johnny
I mean...what do you do now? Go through with the wedding? Fuck. That's...that's not what anyone wants to do...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...what do you do now? Go through with the wedding? Fuck. That's...that's not what anyone wants to do...
They won't .. postpone .. get through this as a family (if they ever truly can) regroup and rebuild ...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I know is if you have kids, give them an extra long hug the next time you see them and tell them how much you love them.