• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riley Reiff at Left Tackle

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you not going to give me the list of teams who use their best pass rushers on the left side?
I'm going to assume you missed this previous post from him as well:

What I'm saying is that I have the ability to use my feaking brain and go with what I see on the field. The game is far more complex than what an depthchart has to tell you.

I'm not interested in a token list of what side a pass rusher is listed as playing on. I'm going to go with what my eyes tell me, and what I read- and that is that pass rushers are increasingly being moved to wherever they can best be utilized.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a guy is listed on an ESPN depth chart, or hell, even the team's real depth chart at such a position, doesn't mean he is relegated to that one position. I told you that Matthews moves all around the line. So he's labeled as teh ROLB, so what? He will line up on the right, left, and even the middle of the line. That's the evolution of the NFL. Same with Von Miller. He is used all over the place. Which is why the LT, while still important, isn't going to make or break your offense. The aritcle I posted cited such information. You can choose to ignore it, but that doesn't make you anymore right.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been patiently waiting
And no you haven't. You put up multiple posts about it. I'd hardly call that being patient. I'd consider it something more along the lines of douchebaggery, but that's just an opinion.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know grail has been stumping for a FB for a few years now, so Williams should make him happy I'd think...

I am still thinking Williams may end up as the RT tackle if not this season maybe next. He is a superior blocker but not the greatest receiver! He just needs to add some weight.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a guy is listed on an ESPN depth chart, or hell, even the team's real depth chart at such a position, doesn't mean he is relegated to that one position. I told you that Matthews moves all around the line. So he's labeled as teh ROLB, so what? He will line up on the right, left, and even the middle of the line. That's the evolution of the NFL. Same with Von Miller. He is used all over the place. Which is why the LT, while still important, isn't going to make or break your offense. The aritcle I posted cited such information. You can choose to ignore it, but that doesn't make you anymore right.

I've already stated -- I have never said a player doesn't get moved around during a game. I have already said they do. It doesn't change the fact that their primary position is on the right side. Like I said -- Calvin Johnson will line up in the slot occasionally but that doesn't make him a slot receiver.

TP is the one who came back with the comment and first said, most teams use their best pass rushers on the left side, then recanted and said a lot of teams. I'm just curious who the a lot of teams are.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Focus on contributing something useful, and stop randomly commenting on this I said that aren't even germane to the current conversation you fawking creeper.

The god damn Germans got nothing do with it......Jackie Gleason in Smokey and the Bandit, nice set up......

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The god damn Germans got nothing do with it......Jackie Gleason in Smokey and the Bandit, nice set up......

Muzz I had to wipe my eyes. I read that from TP earlier and said that to myself. Kuddos to you for posting it!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why CBS can kiss my hairy white ass!!! No links,.....no thank you!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know grail has been stumping for a FB for a few years now, so Williams should make him happy I'd think...

I am still thinking Williams may end up as the RT tackle if not this season maybe next. He is a superior blocker but not the greatest receiver! He just needs to add some weight.

I could see that being a possibility in the future, but definitely not this year, imo. They'll use him in the same H-back role as Heller initially and see where it goes from there...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! Otter

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB, DE, LT (not RT), CB.....

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for all those questioning the value of when Reiff ws drafted, and what he's playing:

Andy Reid says Branden Albert will play left tackle for Chiefs

Jaguars' Joeckel adjusting to right-side move

The number one and two draft picks, not the 23rd, and they get to start year one on the right side. Riley may not have been the starting left tackle, and if we had gotten a different tackle at five perhaps he still wouldn't be the left tackle. Does that make it a bad pick? Not if the OL becomes better.

Management and coaching still have a long way to go to become succesful. I don't think they're as good as they could be, but I definitely don't think they're ruining the franchise.