• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riddick Video is the best

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said.....just business! Even if they played it that way and Kirk had won 10 consecutive SB's what they do with their business is, frankly, their business. My client is MY business, if the two don't mesh....oh well. Fuck 'em!! Again if Kirk is my client after $44M and knowing that he'll likely only get one long term deal in his career and that is what's in his best interest....no matter what they try to do, we're NOT signing another tag....we're walking!

(what's the point in having leverage if you're not going to use it?)

I will point out that the other Kurt didnt even get into the NFL until he was 27 years old, and he got a long term from the Rams as well as the Cards.

29 is not a death sentence.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will point out that the other Kurt didnt even get into the NFL until he was 27 years old, and he got a long term from the Rams as well as the Cards.

29 is not a death sentence.

Good point....kind of an outlier though, but regardless it is a very good point.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we tagged kc 2 times god the fo hates kc the FO hateS kc so much there paying him 23 mill this year ..... csi shit on this board is on real............ if fo hated kirk he be gone

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....not by the tag...that's how free agency works ( now you've got me grumbling mfmfmfmfmf Haynesworth fmfgmfmgfmgfm Deion mfgmffmgfmfmfm Archuletta)

OK on base salary I really don't care about all of that, this game is merely entertainment for me......unless Dan wants to pay to get my eyeballs on the screen. (My demands begin at what I pay to watch on TV:D)

Nobody has stated the tag sets the market. Carr set the market and Luck before him. The market doesn't go down.

Do you actually believe KC would make less on the open market than 24 million a season.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not. But do you agree that there were probably discussions? And if so, is it realistic to think that the subject of the May offer didn't come up?

There probably were discussions. Sure, the May 2 contract likely came up. But apparently the sides were too far apart to where KCs camp was even willing to discuss it seriously enough to write a number on a sheet of paper and slide it across the desk. They have said nothing that makes me believe they desperately wanted a LTD, it was all just a smokescreen IMO.

And for the millionth time.. plenty of blame on the FO. Yes, BA royally screwed it up, rolled the dice the last couple of years and lost. But it is laughable to think that the KC camp is beckoning for a LTD.

Now, I have a question for you (and any other). If Kirk truly wanted to be a Skin, why wouldn't he counter offer or at least give BA the Magic number?? What does he have to lose from that? He has everything to gain, either the money he is looking for, or at the very least, something he can take to the media saying he tried.

And I don't want to hear about being insulted by the May 2 offer, or the offer before that, or the offer(s) last offseason as a reason. That's a complete copout. As Stymie said, that's how negotiations work, this is business, nothing personal as some of you claim.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 2012 I started and continued in 2014 a thread about firing Bruce Allen.....Looks like it's time to rev it up again!
I remember. I think at that time I also remember I disagreed with you. I sure was wrong and you sure were right! (see dean, no shame in admitting when you are wrong).

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Sty, got to disagree. Just business doesnt wait til the last minute to try and get a deal done on the cheap, then throw the other guy under the bus to try and make the team look better.

Nothing, I repeat nothing Dan and Bruce do is just business. Just business doesnt compute in their world.

Horseshit. If Kirk and his agent had a magic number in mind (after the Carr deal) they need to let the front office know that, they've had almost a month to do that.

Maybe you are right, maybe the FO isn't willing to pay Kirk the money he is asking, maybe they don't feel he is worth it. But maybe Kirk is playing the game, taking his money, playing where he must play until the situation changes and has his eyes on the door, ready to run out as soon as it opens. Unbelievable you folks can't possibly think that KC would be inclined to do this.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There probably were discussions. Sure, the May 2 contract likely came up. But apparently the sides were too far apart to where KCs camp was even willing to discuss it seriously enough to write a number on a sheet of paper and slide it across the desk. They have said nothing that makes me believe they desperately wanted a LTD, it was all just a smokescreen IMO.

And for the millionth time.. plenty of blame on the FO. Yes, BA royally screwed it up, rolled the dice the last couple of years and lost. But it is laughable to think that the KC camp is beckoning for a LTD.

Now, I have a question for you (and any other). If Kirk truly wanted to be a Skin, why wouldn't he counter offer or at least give BA the Magic number?? What does he have to lose from that? He has everything to gain, either the money he is looking for, or at the very least, something he can take to the media saying he tried.

And I don't want to hear about being insulted by the May 2 offer, or the offer before that, or the offer(s) last offseason as a reason. That's a complete copout. As Stymie said, that's how negotiations work, this is business, nothing personal as some of you claim.
VT, he did give him the number back in March. His agent said, publicly, that the negotiations START at the tag # since BA, in his infinite wisdom, announced that they would tag KC if they couldn't come to a long term deal. Since an offer never came close to their announced minimum, why would they bid against themselves? What counter was needed. Oh, and I would bet a large sum that during all of these positive talks, his agent reiterated their minimum, so, in effect, I'm sure they did counter.

But now that you agree that the offer probably did come up, isn't this one more example of BA lying again? In his prepared statement on monday, he stated they never got a response from KC on the May deal. That, we all agree, was a falsehood, yes?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit. If Kirk and his agent had a magic number in mind (after the Carr deal) they need to let the front office know that, they've had almost a month to do that.

Maybe you are right, maybe the FO isn't willing to pay Kirk the money he is asking, maybe they don't feel he is worth it. But maybe Kirk is playing the game, taking his money, playing where he must play until the situation changes and has his eyes on the door, ready to run out as soon as it opens. Unbelievable you folks can't possibly think that KC would be inclined to do this.
I see it and realize its a strong possibility at this point. Where we diverge is the reasons why. You believe its all about the money and his greed. I believe is has more to do with just wanting out of this dysfunctional franchise.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we tagged kc 2 times god the fo hates kc the FO hateS kc so much there paying him 23 mill this year ..... csi shit on this board is on real............ if fo hated kirk he be gone
And play whom? Sudfield? Oh, wait, I forgot who I was responding to.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Misunderstood your post. Guess we are all a bit touchy since some have taken BA's statement as gospel. All good.:suds:

No worries.

Actually I don't let dean or others upset me. I don't see the point in arguing with him. He is always going to come out of left field and I have never seen him say "oh yeah, I see what you are saying." That goes for most on here.

It gets old, yes he did, no he didn't, yes he did, no he didn't. But I also realize I have the option of not reading which in most cases I don't.

He isn't signed. Season is about to start. I am more interested in the actual playing of football then this other stuff. We all know the FO has sucked under Snyder and nothing has changed.

Here is to hoping we have a good season. I hope everyone wearing a Redskin uniform has a great season. Come January we can all pick up this same argument again. :suds:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries.

Actually I don't let dean or others upset me. I don't see the point in arguing with him. He is always going to come out of left field and I have never seen him say "oh yeah, I see what you are saying." That goes for most on here.

It gets old, yes he did, no he didn't, yes he did, no he didn't. But I also realize I have the option of not reading which in most cases I don't.

He isn't signed. Season is about to start. I am more interested in the actual playing of football then this other stuff. We all know the FO has sucked under Snyder and nothing has changed.

Here is to hoping we have a good season. I hope everyone wearing a Redskin uniform has a great season. Come January we can all pick up this same argument again. :suds:
Probably the best course of action. Unfortunately I don't see this waiting until January. As soon as KC has even just a mediocre game, the deans' of this board will go wild with the "i told you so" and "see, I was right" reigniting the entire debate.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at it like a car. Do you offer your absolute maximum? That is why you don't come back with your magic number because the salesman will try to meet you in the middle.

Like I said, BA offered such a bad deal, KC would have to ask for 150 million and 100 million guaranteed to get there.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If BA wanted him, why didn't he up the offer?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will simply state this. Dan and Bruce knew where Kirk and his agent stood as a starting point for negotiations. They never even came close to that starting point. And apparently came well short of it. If you know going in an item goes for $X amount, and you offer well below that, the seller is under no obligation to got.. well I will take this much less than my original offer when you were no where in the ball park to begin with.

We have seen the type of full court press Dan puts on when he really wants a guy to sign. I didnt see that with Kirk. More importantly Kirk and his agent didnt see that. So figure the personal angle does hold alot of weight when talking about this front office.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you telling me you have never continued to pay the note on a car you were ready to get rid of, not because you wanted to keep it. But because at the time you didnt have a reasonable better option?? Same premise. Dan and Bruce paid the $20M because they didnt have a better option going into 2016 and were likely unable to secure a trade for Kirk.

This year, they are once again paying the note, because its better to keep the car they know runs even if its a bit expensive, rather than risk going with a lesser QB (Colt or Suds) and simply hoping they can find a better QB next year.

You know, Im actually looking forward to this season.. and the aftermath.