• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riddick Video is the best

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna re-hash the SM drunk thing. There are conflicting reports and opinions on that, fact is, no one really knows.

As far as the contract negotiations go, sure, Im sure some things were discussed in the last couple months. KCs camp probably waited at least until late June (after Carr) before getting serious about any of it.

Any change in offers and counter offers? No, Cuz Kirk said so, need me to pull the quote??
The only fact is that Cooley was the only one to report it and no one else backed it up. Everyone, from players to coaches to some fO personnel said they never saw SM drunk at the facility, practices, or games. Cooley had to, days later, retract his report and stated he was fed "false info". Wonder by whom?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let's clear this up.......Who sets the market? ......and does DC have a franchise that is part of that?

1. I'm not a capologist, but I believe that we are now talking about semantics, you're talking about average yearly salary, I'm talking base.

2. Croaked like a MF'er

5. DOH!! we are doing that agreeing thing again

The market is set by bidding franchises.

Base salary is a worthless metric.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they set the market for next year too sty , its between 28 -34 mil , in their joke offer the said 29 mil for 2018

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only fact is that Cooley was the only one to report it and no one else backed it up. Everyone, from players to coaches to some fO personnel said they never saw SM drunk at the facility, practices, or games. Cooley had to, days later, retract his report and stated he was fed "false info". Wonder by whom?

I have a theory.

It involves one dude and two other heads up his ass.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. Just because one sets a minimum floor doesn't mean the other has to accept it. What I dont get is if they were that far apart since the end of last season (which is when BA idiotically stated they would tag him again, thus arming KCs agent), then why didn't they consider trading him before the draft when his value was the highest?

I believe that there was a very very long thread here about that very thing ( trading him) Tell you something else that I mentioned back then, unless they believe that Nate F'ing Sudfield or Colt are the temporary answers they haven't even attempted to get someone in here to prepare for that eventual departure. I know that thus far there are some who disagrees with me about A.J., but Dad put out that challenge, which I thoroughly welcomed ( what can I say...I love challenges, puzzles, brainteasers, and getting knots out of shoestrings) and there's one thing that I have yet to see.......another name, because I believe as I have since the failed 2015 negotiations that Kirk is gone...this time it looks like they have literally priced themselves out.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year will be very interesting for QB salaries. With KC as a FA, the new number will be crazy. And that is for an average QB.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just flabbergasted as to how anyone could see this total fuck up as the fault of anyone but bruce Allen. We are in this situation, 2 years in the making, all because Bruce Allen completely fuck this whole thing up. From the beginning. To his latest prepared statement. How he still has a job, I have no idea.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that there was a very very long thread here about that very thing ( trading him) Tell you something else that I mentioned back then, unless they believe that Nate F'ing Sudfield or Colt are the temporary answers they haven't even attempted to get someone in here to prepare for that eventual departure. I know that thus far there are some who disagrees with me about A.J., but Dad put out that challenge, which I thoroughly welcomed ( what can I say...I love challenges, puzzles, brainteasers, and getting knots out of shoestrings) and there's one thing that I have yet to see.......another name, because I believe as I have since the failed 2015 negotiations that Kirk is gone...this time it looks like they have literally priced themselves out.
Its been a complete and total fuck job by this front office they way they have handled this entire situation since the day RG3 and KC were drafted. Unbelievable. And you know what? Its going to continue. I won't be surprised if Jonny Manziel is not on our opening day roster this year. And starting by game 12 or so even if KC is playing OK. That's how our FO will operate.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The market is set by bidding franchises.

Base salary is a worthless metric.

Exactly....not by the tag...that's how free agency works ( now you've got me grumbling mfmfmfmfmf Haynesworth fmfgmfmgfmgfm Deion mfgmffmgfmfmfm Archuletta)

OK on base salary I really don't care about all of that, this game is merely entertainment for me......unless Dan wants to pay to get my eyeballs on the screen. (My demands begin at what I pay to watch on TV:D)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to understand if they truly believe Allen when he claims there was no response from KC's camp from the may offer. I just find that incredulous. Maybe not a formal response but you can bet your bottom dollar that within days the FO knew the offer was unacceptable to KC and his agent. Only the foolish could believe otherwise.
Well, I guess @VTSparks would prefer not to answer the question. Unlike Bruce allen, I understand when someone doesnt answer me what that really means.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a complete and total fuck job by this front office they way they have handled this entire situation since the day RG3 and KC were drafted. Unbelievable. And you know what? Its going to continue. I won't be surprised if Jonny Manziel is not on our opening day roster this year. And starting by game 12 or so even if KC is playing OK. That's how our FO will operate.

Now you're with me!! There's ONLY one reason why Kirk is still here and that's because he's making a ton of guaranteed money on the tag. Without that he would have left when his initial contract expired and no agreement was reached. Now that he will end up with $44M at the end of this season, even if they attempt to tag him, I don't believe he signs. (I know 28-32M guaranteed is a lot to turn down) He is set already for life and he is likely to get just one LTD in his career. Nobody is going to pay a 31 ( in august 2019) year old QB a bunch of money then. His age window is closing for that LTD and the very best time for him to strike one will be after this season.

That said, in a lot of ways I agree with @Dean who insists that maybe this was the year for him to get that LTD. The ONLY way that was going to happen was.....NO...first let me ask you. If you were his agent and firmly believed that a LTD was in the best interest of his (your) client, what would you have gone through for your client to make it happen? Maybe I should create a thread for everyone to chime in on that one.... thoughts?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they set the market for next year too sty , its between 28 -34 mil , in their joke offer the said 29 mil for 2018

I agree, but it's not 28-34M, it's what they ACTUALLY offer. Tag amounts have no relation to what they WANT to pay him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're with me!! There's ONLY one reason why Kirk is still here and that's because he's making a ton of guaranteed money on the tag. Without that he would have left when his initial contract expired and no agreement was reached. Now that he will end up with $44M at the end of this season, even if they attempt to tag him, I don't believe he signs. (I know 28-32M guaranteed is a lot to turn down) He is set already for life and he is likely to get just one LTD in his career. Nobody is going to pay a 31 ( in august 2019) year old QB a bunch of money then. His age window is closing for that LTD and the very best time for him to strike one will be after this season.

That said, in a lot of ways I agree with @Dean who insists that maybe this was the year for him to get that LTD. The ONLY way that was going to happen was.....NO...first let me ask you. If you were his agent and firmly believed that a LTD was in the best interest of his (your) client, what would you have gone through for your client to make it happen? Maybe I should create a thread for everyone to chime in on that one.... thoughts?
See, i dont think there is anything that KC's agent could have done to get a fair LTD for his client because I dont think the franchise really wanted to secure KC long term unless is was on the cheap and had a bunch of outs.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, i dont think there is anything that KC's agent could have done to get a fair LTD for his client because I dont think the franchise really wanted to secure KC long term unless is was on the cheap and had a bunch of outs.

So you would have done nothing? Personally, if I'm representing Kirk, I would be like that credit card when it came to Dan and Bruce (it's everywhere you want to be), paid the court imposed nuisance fines and continued on. Even went public with them if need be, I'm the agent, Kirk can be the nice guy, I ain't playing that shit with them. My guy wants a LTD which BTW is in his best interest, Hell and High water would NOT have been too hot or too deep for me to get it done.

That said, at the conclusion of this season my advice to my client $44M later.....walk! If they aren't smart enough to Non exclusively FT him, that is their issues. We're going to a place where there's a LTD to be had. Nothing personal.....just business.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would have done nothing? Personally, if I'm representing Kirk, I would be like that credit card when it came to Dan and Bruce (it's everywhere you want to be), paid the court imposed nuisance fines and continued on. Even went public with them if need be, I'm the agent, Kirk can be the nice guy, I ain't playing that shit with them. My guy wants a LTD which BTW is in his best interest, Hell and High water would NOT have been too hot or too deep for me to get it done.

That said, at the conclusion of this season my advice to my client $44M later.....walk! If they aren't smart enough to Non exclusively FT him, that is their issues. We're going to a place where there's a LTD to be had. Nothing personal.....just business.

Sorry Sty, got to disagree. Just business doesnt wait til the last minute to try and get a deal done on the cheap, then throw the other guy under the bus to try and make the team look better.

Nothing, I repeat nothing Dan and Bruce do is just business. Just business doesnt compute in their world.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Sty, got to disagree. Just business doesnt wait til the last minute to try and get a deal done on the cheap, then throw the other guy under the bus to try and make the team look better.

Nothing, I repeat nothing Dan and Bruce do is just business. Just business doesnt compute in their world.

We're not in disagreement, I said what I would have done, my mistake for not saying that I would have been doing it all along. Again fuck them, I'm representing and looking out for the best interest of my client, if they don't wanna play, I'll force them ( they do play public relations games right?)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just flabbergasted as to how anyone could see this total fuck up as the fault of anyone but bruce Allen. We are in this situation, 2 years in the making, all because Bruce Allen completely fuck this whole thing up. From the beginning. To his latest prepared statement. How he still has a job, I have no idea.

Back in 2012 I started and continued in 2014 a thread about firing Bruce Allen.....Looks like it's time to rev it up again!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not in disagreement, I said what I would have done, my mistake for not saying that I would have been doing it all along. Again fuck them, I'm representing and looking out for the best interest of my client, if they don't wanna play, I'll force them ( they do play public relations games right?)

And that would have played right into what they wanted. See I dont think they wanted Kirk on a long term, they wanted him for this season ( they still want to try and win/improve), and locked up for next season so they could draft his replacement possibly without having to trade up to get a guy. And sure, should Kirk turn out to be better than they (and frankly some of the fan base) thinks, well they would have him locked up on the cheap, or great trade bait. I dont think Bruce had any intentions of making Kirk an offer he would sign, because he might actually sign it. Depending on where we draft, I do actually expect them to use the franchise tag, and get one more very expensive rental year out of him... to hold down the fort while they bring along the QB thy are going to draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that would have played right into what they wanted. See I dont think they wanted Kirk on a long term, they wanted him for this season ( they still want to try and win/improve), and locked up for next season so they could draft his replacement possibly without having to trade up to get a guy. And sure, should Kirk turn out to be better than they (and frankly some of the fan base) thinks, well they would have him locked up on the cheap, or great trade bait. I dont think Bruce had any intentions of making Kirk an offer he would sign, because he might actually sign it. Depending on where we draft, I do actually expect them to use the franchise tag, and get one more very expensive rental year out of him... to hold down the fort while they bring along the QB thy are going to draft.

like I said.....just business! Even if they played it that way and Kirk had won 10 consecutive SB's what they do with their business is, frankly, their business. My client is MY business, if the two don't mesh....oh well. Fuck 'em!! Again if Kirk is my client after $44M and knowing that he'll likely only get one long term deal in his career and that is what's in his best interest....no matter what they try to do, we're NOT signing another tag....we're walking!

(what's the point in having leverage if you're not going to use it?)

Last edited: