• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rick Nash Endorses Ryan McDonagh as the Next NYR Captain

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Q and A with the Columbus Dispatch that was posted this morning, Rick Nash---who returns to Nationwide Arena Friday for the first time since he was traded--- reminisced about his decade with the Blue Jackets, his time in New York, and at the end, suggested this:

Q. The Rangers don’t have a captain (with the trade of Ryan Callahan, they have 3 As). Could you be line for another shot at that?

A. (laughs) Oh, no. They have a great defenseman here, Ryan McDonagh. He’s on a long-term deal. He’s one of the best defensemen in the league, one of the hardest guys to play against. I think he’s the leading candidate.

Q. Is that a job you’d even want? Really?

A. That’s a great question. Haven’t even thought about it. It’s a tough job. It’s not for everybody. I want to win. That’s all I want. If it’s me being the captain, then sure. But we have great candidates here with Marty St. Louis and Brad Richards … but I think Ryan is the true candidate and it’d be a great move for the organization.

Nash endorses McDonagh for next NYR captain - Newsday

It's going to be either him or Girardi, I'm okay with either of the 2 leading my team!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good pick. Not only is he a proven leader at the blue line, he's bound to be with the team for many years to come.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good pick. Not only is he a proven leader at the blue line, he's bound to be with the team for many years to come.

Yupp! And has some leadership experience from the WJC team, as well at Wisconsin! Good to see you, Doob!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Staal

Staal would be a good pick as well, but can you trust him to not go to Carolina to play with his brothers? I think McDonagh would be a safer pick for the long term.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come back around here, GDT's aren't the same without you and if you couldn't tell, I became Mod of this section!! :)

Nice Johnny, I'll for sure take you up on that invite, Rangers have been fierce as of late, saw them put up 8 goals on the Sens. Should be interesting down the stretch between them & the Flyers. Heck, my Pens better watch their backs if current trends keep up.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Johnny, I'll for sure take you up on that invite, Rangers have been fierce as of late, saw them put up 8 goals on the Sens. Should be interesting down the stretch between them & the Flyers. Heck, my Pens better watch their backs if current trends keep up.

Yeah we have 2 HUGE games tomorrow and Saturday, Jackets and Devils. We need to take care of business and continue to score!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staal would be a good pick as well, but can you trust him to not go to Carolina to play with his brothers? I think McDonagh would be a safer pick for the long term.

He already said he doesnt want to go though what Cally did and wants to get an ext done this off-season so if that happens name him the captain.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already said he doesnt want to go though what Cally did and wants to get an ext done this off-season so if that happens name him the captain.

If they get a deal done to secure his future with the Rangers then I think he would be a very good choice for captain. I just think that there's too much a risk when he's got 3 brothers playing on the Hurricanes or in their system. I could be wrong, but blood is thicker than water.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we have 2 HUGE games tomorrow and Saturday, Jackets and Devils. We need to take care of business and continue to score!

Should be 2 really good games. Devils vs Rangers is always fun to watch, and the Rangers vs Blue Jackets could be the Metro's rivalry of the future.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope an extension gets done in the Summer. Staalsy is my favorite Ranger.

If they get a deal done to secure his future with the Rangers then I think he would be a very good choice for captain. I just think that there's too much a risk when he's got 3 brothers playing on the Hurricanes or in their system. I could be wrong, but blood is thicker than water.

He likes Jared more than Jordan and Eric, still think he's upset with Ericover the concussion he gave him.

Should be 2 really good games. Devils vs Rangers is always fun to watch, and the Rangers vs Blue Jackets could be the Metro's rivalry of the future.

All I know is we need 2 wins!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope an extension gets done in the Summer. Staalsy is my favorite Ranger.

He likes Jared more than Jordan and Eric, still think he's upset with Ericover the concussion he gave him.

All I know is we need 2 wins!!

I didn't realize brother Eric gave him a concussion. You gotta forgive your bro for that tho, well, sort of... LOL

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize brother Eric gave him a concussion. You gotta forgive your bro for that tho, well, sort of... LOL

He actually was always closer with Jared than he was the other two anyways. But that kept Marc out a longggggg time, he wasn't happy about it.