• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richt heading to Miami...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor, TCU, and Boise have pumped millions into their programs. Miami hasn't. You need the facilities and money for top assistants to win. Miami hasnt done anything of the sort. Until they do 9 wins will be the ceiling IMO.

Bringing up Memphis and Houston is fine except where they are at conference wise. Not a slander on the conference, but it is different.

Again we will see. Just have to wait.

Baylor and TCU did when: Baylor, when Big12 signed new TV contract and Texas/OU stayed in conference. TCU when they joined the Big12 after leaving WAC/BIG West or whatever two conferences they were in.

Both thus got an infusion of big bucks; not sure about Boise

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor and TCU did when: Baylor, when Big12 signed new TV contract and Texas/OU stayed in conference. TCU when they joined the Big12 after leaving WAC/BIG West or whatever two conferences they were in.

Both thus got an infusion of big bucks; not sure about Boise
Yep. Miami isn't getting that big influx of cash. Why I think it is too Mich to expect Richt to turn it around until they spend money

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was curious just how bad the sun life stadium deal was. Because I remember shala signing it for something like 25 year deal. Well they fucked because no way they are going to pay off Stephen Ross.....
UM unranked in coaches poll, Ross talks 'Canes lease
Stadium of a Thousand Whispers. Turnout is an embarrassment. Also thanks for the link but it is trying to make me pay to view the link. :doh:

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Miami isn't getting that big influx of cash. Why I think it is too Mich to expect Richt to turn it around until they spend money

With the talent they bring in you'd be a fool to write them off. But at your own will. We will see if I am wrong.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stadium of a Thousand Whispers. Turnout is an embarrassment. Also thanks for the link but it is trying to make me pay to view the link. :doh:
Ross makes 4 million a year off the hurricanes....he isn't giving thatbup without a payout no matter how empty it is. Everyone but shalala knew this was a bad before they signed the deal. There was hope they might play in the new soccer stadium to be built but that isn't happening. Beckham don't want them there and the stadium is now going to be too small anyway.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expected this. Solid hire by Miami, he's a lot better than the guy he replaced.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the talent they bring in you'd be a fool to write them off. But at your own will. We will see if I am wrong.

Not writing them off. Just stating that if you expect Richt from the first few years at GA it isn't going to happen. Not right away. They have to spend money. And his hires better be home runs. If UM isn't willing to pay for top assistants having Richt doesn't do much IMO.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not writing them off. Just stating that if you expect Richt from the first few years at GA it isn't going to happen. Not right away. They have to spend money. And his hires better be home runs. If UM isn't willing to pay for top assistants having Richt doesn't do much IMO.

I don't think anyone thinks there will be an instant change (maybe the delluded fans), but I dont think its unreasonable at all to see Miami contending within 4 or 5years.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami did upgrade quite a big during the Golden era. Still a long way to go of course, but Miami was never known for top tier facilities. Even in the 80's.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

plus, I think that stadium situation is a big hindrance to building any kind of momentum.

I guess what you have to do at Miami, is approach it like a professional team, as far as fans go. Dont see how you can get the student body involved.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone thinks there will be an instant change (maybe the delluded fans), but I dont think its unreasonable at all to see Miami contending within 4 or 5years.
Man don't go on Twitter then. Every U fan is already claiming conference and NCs within 2 years.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross makes 4 million a year off the hurricanes....he isn't giving thatbup without a payout no matter how empty it is. Everyone but shalala knew this was a bad before they signed the deal. There was hope they might play in the new soccer stadium to be built but that isn't happening. Beckham don't want them there and the stadium is now going to be too small anyway.
Jeez, why in the hell did they think this was a good idea? Anyone been to the Orange Bowl? Was it beyond renovations? I know in my facility management class they taught us if any organization has a stadium they want to renovate and it cost half as much as making a new stadium, they will usually build a new one. Was Miami ever going to bring back an on campus stadium? I think that is kiling them.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez, why in the hell did they think this was a good idea? Anyone been to the Orange Bowl? Was it beyond renovations? I know in my facility management class they taught us if any organization has a stadium they want to renovate and it cost half as much as making a new stadium, they will usually build a new one. Was Miami ever going to bring back an on campus stadium? I think that is kiling them.
The ob was a shit hole....the city stopped caring about maintenance when the dolphins.moved out. And once the marlins got the sweetheart deal to build a new baseball only facility on the site, it was all over for the hurricanes. Not sure if they ever had an on campus stadium but I know coral.gables would never sign off on one now. Unless they bought up some golf course to give the residents ample buffer. But then they have no money for that either. Miami isa small private school with a small.alumni group. The majority of which don't stay in .Miami.