• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richt heading to Miami...

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over under, Miami filling 1/3 the seats at home games this upcoming season?

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the SEC east sucked so bad, a pissant Mizzu team came in and won the division. TWICE

2013 Missouri finished 12-2 and in the top 10, winning the Cotton bowl over #13 OK State... yeah so pissant. The SEC east went 3-1 in bowls. The coastal went 2-4 in bowls.... The sec east had 2 teams in the top 10. Coastal had one RANKED team (#23 duke).

2014 the SEC east was MUCH better then the coastal top to bottom. The coastal went 2-4 in bowls that year... not good (0-1 vs SEC east as well). The sec east went 5-0!

How you can make the argument the coastal was better is beyond me.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shall we discuss 2012? Where the coastal was won by a 7-7 Georgia Tech team and the SEC east had THREE teams in the top 10?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was hired, I don't know many people who calling FSU to dominate. After seeing the guy could coach, THEN people noticed.

Miami has similar lvl of talent just bad defense and shitty coaching. Mark can fix that.
You are expecting too much from the jump. Just like Cane fans did with Golden and Shannon. He folds in every big game and always has. Can't beat UF when they are shit. You expect him to wins NC in 4 yrs? That is just funny.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC is not the SEC. The Coastal is one of the easiest power 5 divisions.
Last time I checked the path to a NC was through not only your division and possible win in a ccg but also a Top 4 playoff game.

Also expect the Coastal to get harder with the changes made in recent weeks. Nothing is guaranteed for Miami that's for sure.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are expecting too much from the jump. Just like Cane fans did with Golden and Shannon. He folds in every big game and always has. Can't beat UF when they are shit. You expect him to wins NC in 4 yrs? That is just funny.

You seem to forget the guy EASILY could of made 3 BCS title games. 2002 was 12-1, just got unlucky that Miami and Ohio State were far and away the best teams that year. 2007, honestly, they were the best team at the end of the year. Had we had a playoff, they could well of won it. 2012, one play away from a BCS title game spot which they most likely would of won. I despise the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" philosophy, but I think Richt gets a bad rep (mainly cause his AWFUL record vs Florida).

You can talk all the crap you want I don't really care. We'll see what the results are. It's looking promising though. Also I said "I think" not "I expect" get it right. Big difference.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked the path to a NC was through not only your division and possible win in a ccg but also a Top 4 playoff game.

Also expect the Coastal to get harder with the changes made in recent weeks. Nothing is guaranteed for Miami that's for sure.

The coastal is def trending up. But I think its still wide open and we'll see how the new hires show. More good competition = better prep for bigger games. That's what championships are made of. I welcome the competition (as a fan lol).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board and ESPN used to be infested with Miami fans... :D (wonder if any of them still lurk here :think: )

Sun Life is too far away from the campus to expect them to post here regularly.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun Life is too far away from the campus to expect them to post here regularly.

Prob just as well, a lot Miami fans piss me off :P.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to forget the guy EASILY could of made 3 BCS title games. 2002 was 12-1, just got unlucky that Miami and Ohio State were far and away the best teams that year. 2007, honestly, they were the best team at the end of the year. Had we had a playoff, they could well of won it. 2012, one play away from a BCS title game spot which they most likely would of won. I despise the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" philosophy, but I think Richt gets a bad rep (mainly cause his AWFUL record vs Florida).

You can talk all the crap you want I don't really care. We'll see what the results are. It's looking promising though. Also I said "I think" not "I expect" get it right. Big difference.
Wait. You despise would've, should've, could've. Then you bring up close but no cigar.
Unless Miami starts spending money like they never have before. 4 yrs is a wish and we know how those go. He doesn't have the fan base or resources he had at UGA. Until Miami gets an on campus stadium I honestly think it stays the same. 7-9 wins a year with no conference championships let alone a playoff. But you are right. We'll have to wait and see.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. You despise would've, should've, could've. Then you bring up close but no cigar.
Unless Miami starts spending money like they never have before. 4 yrs is a wish and we know how those go. He doesn't have the fan base or resources he had at UGA. Until Miami gets an on campus stadium I honestly think it stays the same. 7-9 wins a year with no conference championships let alone a playoff. But you are right. We'll have to wait and see.

As I stated, I brought it up to show that Richt isn't as useless as some of his detractors say (I'm a huge Richt fan from his time at Georgia, even though I myself am not even religious).

Teams like Baylor, TCU and Boise compete for titles. It's talent and coaching that Miami needs. More fan support will help, and better facilities, but if those teams can compete Miami can. Hell Memphis and Houston are competitive. NAVY even. No one can say Miami can't compete.

Hoopla Cash
$ 287,200.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you can make the argument the coastal was better is beyond me.

OK ,if you insist!
the coastal sucked mightily and sucked more mightily than the sec east!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Miami afford to pay his assistants top dollar? Will they build the facilities necessary to compete with UF and FSU?

I'm not sold Richt will be a success at Miami until they address other issues.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I stated, I brought it up to show that Richt isn't as useless as some of his detractors say (I'm a huge Richt fan from his time at Georgia, even though I myself am not even religious).

Teams like Baylor, TCU and Boise compete for titles. It's talent and coaching that Miami needs. More fan support will help, and better facilities, but if those teams can compete Miami can. Hell Memphis and Houston are competitive. NAVY even. No one can say Miami can't compete.
Baylor, TCU, and Boise have pumped millions into their programs. Miami hasn't. You need the facilities and money for top assistants to win. Miami hasnt done anything of the sort. Until they do 9 wins will be the ceiling IMO.

Bringing up Memphis and Houston is fine except where they are at conference wise. Not a slander on the conference, but it is different.

Again we will see. Just have to wait.