• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ricardo Lockette and Kaepernick

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does having a close personal relationship with Kaepernick help Lockettes chances of becoming a good player?
Was reading about how they have become like brothers and have even bought a house together in the Bay Area and are roommates. I have to believe this will help Lockette tremendously in learning the system and playbook to spend that much time with kaepernick. With his speed, if he can be coached up he could be something special down the road.

Thoughts?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does having a close personal relationship with Kaepernick help Lockettes chances of becoming a good player?
Was reading about how they have become like brothers and have even bought a house together in the Bay Area and are roommates. I have to believe this will help Lockette tremendously in learning the system and playbook to spend that much time with kaepernick. With his speed, if he can be coached up he could be something special down the road.

Thoughts?

Does it help? Sure. Does it help enough to get him on the roster? I don't think so. I think he's got an uphill battle. Jenkins was almost as fast at the combine (4.37 vs. 4.39 according to NFL.com). And Lockette, despite his physical gifts, just doesn't seem to get football. We'll see. He'll be given every opportunity to succeed, and with his size and speed, he could be a huge addition to our passing game. I'm not holding my breath, though. I get the sense that Jenkins and Patton are much more polished.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does it help? Sure. Does it help enough to get him on the roster? I don't think so. I think he's got an uphill battle. Jenkins was almost as fast at the combine (4.37 vs. 4.39 according to NFL.com). And Lockette, despite his physical gifts, just doesn't seem to get football. We'll see. He'll be given every opportunity to succeed, and with his size and speed, he could be a huge addition to our passing game. I'm not holding my breath, though. I get the sense that Jenkins and Patton are much more polished.

Crabtree is already out and if Manningham also starts on PUP, doesn't he have more than a "not holding my breath" chance? what is a "not holding my breath" chance anyway, 10%? 25%?

Boldin
KW
Jenkins
Patton
?
?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crabtree is already out and if Manningham also starts on PUP, doesn't he have more than a "not holding my breath" chance? what is a "not holding my breath" chance anyway, 10%? 25%?

Boldin
KW
Jenkins
Patton
?
?

Guess I hadn't really thought about the breakdown for the start of the season. I would have said below 50%, but looking at that list I don't know. It certainly seems he'd be #5. I think he'll get legitimately pushed by Marlon Moore and possibly Kassim Osgood for STs. Heck, even Chad Hall might make a push. But Lockette's chances to be on the initial roster are actually solid. Man we're thin at WR....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Probably not. Lockette has a slim chance of making the team much less developing into a good player.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he has ST value then I think he has to beat out Jenkins for a roster spot which I don't see happening.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guess I hadn't really thought about the breakdown for the start of the season. I would have said below 50%, but looking at that list I don't know. It certainly seems he'd be #5. I think he'll get legitimately pushed by Marlon Moore and possibly Kassim Osgood for STs. Heck, even Chad Hall might make a push. But Lockette's chances to be on the initial roster are actually solid. Man we're thin at WR....

yeah, my first thought was 50% chance, so didn't think "wouldn't hold my breadth" was adequate.

the original premise was if we should add a WR NOW? we both agree not now, but we can always add one before the season? so if TC and Pre-Season verify we're THAT "thin", then sign someone who's let go.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he makes it. He has been one of the better WRs in this team. Problem we dont know how he will do on game days.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?

Uh oh. I kind of had that feeling about Kaepernick; he acts so gay and you never se him with a chick.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So what if he's gay. He plays for SF anyways.

As for WR, if Lockette is #5 so be it. We hardly play 3 WR sets let alone 4. Yeah injury could hurt us, but so what. Injury can hurt anyone, anytime. Look at Crabs. At least it's now vs game 14 that we evaluate talent.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys have obviously not googled Kaepernick's girlfriend.

She is :10:, OMG.

jmarie-Colin-Kaepernick%25E2%2580%2599s-Girlfriend.jpg

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha so gay!!! How can he stand her with that big ole mole above her lip?!?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh. I kind of had that feeling about Kaepernick; he acts so gay and you never se him with a chick.

:wtf2:

Seriously man? This is his girlfriend....

Colin-Kaepernick-girlfriend-e1359764046949.jpeg

J.Marie-49ers-Colin-Kaepernick%E2%80%99s-Girlfriend.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More gay kaepernick....

hqdefault.jpg

0219-colin-kaepernick-splash-3.jpg

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if he's gay. He plays for SF anyways.

As for WR, if Lockette is #5 so be it. We hardly play 3 WR sets let alone 4. Yeah injury could hurt us, but so what. Injury can hurt anyone, anytime. Look at Crabs. At least it's now vs game 14 that we evaluate talent.

Fair enough; I was just making an observation.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She is fine but I doubt she's really Kaepernick's girlfriend. Any dude that poses naked in a magazine and works as hard on his body as he must have is probably gay. Nothing wrong with it , its just a little unsettling.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Any dude that poses naked in a magazine and works as hard on his body as he must have is probably gay.

That's incredibly stupid. The "works on his body as hard as he must have" part has a little something to do with the fact that he's a professional athlete.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
She is fine but I doubt she's really Kaepernick's girlfriend. Any dude that poses naked in a magazine and works as hard on his body as he must have is probably gay. Nothing wrong with it , its just a little unsettling.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that the above post is 100% trying to get some sort of debate going on sexuality. Please ignore it.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Actually, any mods out there may want to pre-emptively lock this thread. Normally I prefer to trust people to avoid this kind of BS, but Toby has a knack for getting people to spar with him. Most everyone will see his post before my warning.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, no, a BFF relationship with Kaepernick will not make Lockette a better player.

Young was best friends with Brent Jones, and that might have got him extra looks and extra throws... he still had to produce to stay in the starting lineup.

So, it might get him more opportunities... but he'll still only be as good as he can be..

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's incredibly stupid. The "works on his body as hard as he must have" part has a little something to do with the fact that he's a professional athlete.

Could be, but anyone who is as in love with the male body as Kaepernick seems to be is probably gay. As for that fine ass babe they showed me in this thread; if she was really his girlfriend he'd be living with her instead of a dude named "Ricardo". Again, nothing wrong with it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but anyone who is as in love with the male body as Kaepernick seems to be is probably gay. As for that fine ass babe they showed me in this thread; if she was really his girlfriend he'd be living with her instead of a dude named "Ricardo". Again, nothing wrong with it.

If he were living with her, some would scream about how that was bad, shacking up and all. Plus, she'd be a gold-digger and a slut (not that she is or isn't already) and Kaep would be shallow. I don't think you care, but if Kaepernick did it, maybe?

Just kidding. But you do seem to find things wrong with some people and sometimes your reasons are either not stated well or just appear that the person was damned if they did or damned if they didn't.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone who goes on an on about this like you do..... is a fucking idiot. Just an observation.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So VD is gay also for being in the Mag. Come on dont be so dumb.