• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 - Will you root for him when he moves on?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been the big question all year, why is he taking up a roster spot that sure could have been used as the injuries continued to mount up? If he wasn't cut then he won't be cut now.

It is a good question. We know Dan likes Robert. Maybe they hold on until when and if they sign Cousins. I can't see him staying after a contract is signed. It just doesn't make financial sense.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been the big question all year, why is he taking up a roster spot that sure could have been used as the injuries continued to mount up? If he wasn't cut then he won't be cut now.
They kept him on the roster because early they held out an outside chance that some desperate team might offer a trade (fat chance) and then, later, to keep a competitor from claiming him after he was cut.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They kept him on the roster because early they held out an outside chance that some desperate team might offer a trade (fat chance) and then, later, to keep a competitor from claiming him after he was cut.

Like a competitor was going to sign him amd he would actually make an impact this year? What were the chances of that happening? No way he goes to Dallas and makes a difference, he couldn't learn Grudog's playbook in a year and a half!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a competitor was going to sign him and he would actually make an impact this year? What were the chances of that happening? No way he goes to Dallas and makes a difference, he couldn't learn Grudog's playbook in a year and a half!
don't disagree. i am not concerned about playing against him and would have cut him at some point.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Gke, just in case that ZERO chance changes, would it be safe to say that you don't really have a lot of luck with those giant lottery jackpots either?:D

If I am wrong, I will admit it. But I will stick with zero chance. If that were the intention, we would have heard contract talks from the media.

We kept him to trade him. We will get something for him this offseason.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else have trouble with the site this AM? My triple post was a result of hitting Post Reply and the web site spinning in place, so I closed and resubmitted.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else have trouble with the site this AM? My triple post was a result of hitting Post Reply and the web site spinning in place, so I closed and resubmitted.

It was squirrelly this morning but I figured you were just emphasizing. :pound: