• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3, the will to win

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good special. It provided us with access to areas that we usually cannot view.

One good thing about this special was that it reinforced how RG3 is such a competitor that the doctors, trainers, team, etc have to hold him back to make sure that he did not rush his recovery & risk further injury. IMO - that kind of refutes the whole Shanahan / RG3 feud.

According to this special - it appeared since day 1 that RG3 tried to rush things & the team & doctors did what they could to keep him in check. As part of this - RG3 repeatedly agreed that it was for his own good. I saw no signs of animosity towards anyone on the team.

The work ethic for this guy is off the charts. I can't believe that he was performing high intensity workouts in Vegas just hours after two all night bachelor parties. Incredible. His physical makeup as well as his attitude help explain why he can recover so quickly.

it was a great piece :suds:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the hell can I download and watch this damn thing online?!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE1PwdxacBE]RGIII Will to win Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

A good chunk of it is on youtube (see above) in multiple clips (for now). Not the best quality but alright. Also - you can expect this to be on various ESPN channels a bunch times over the next few weeks.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? How about Aaron Rodgers, the best in the league?

I stand by what I said. I wouldn't trade RG3 for anyone. RG3 came in as a rookie and did things a rookie shouldn't be able to do. And I look forward to him continuing to amaze and grow as a football player.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking forward to it and surprisinglY was disappointed, I guess I thought they were going to talk more about his childhood and growing up playing in H.S. and how he excelled in school.
It was pretty much just about his rehab, it wasn't bad just not what I expected.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking forward to it and surprisinglY was disappointed, I guess I thought they were going to talk more about his childhood and growing up playing in H.S. and how he excelled in school.
It was pretty much just about his rehab, it wasn't bad just not what I expected.

I actually feel just the opposite. They touched just enough on his childhood. Just enough to let you know the influence of his parents, how he adopted a healthy diet early on, his competitiveness, etc. Anything more would probably be a bit boring & contrived to a certain degree.

I really like seeing the specifics of the rehab & especially how hard he worked even during the time leading up to his wedding (when most would take some time off). Honestly - his on field exploits & workouts are more interesting than his off field stuff since he is charismatic but kind of boring during that time (unlike say Cooley). Don't get me wrong - I will take boring any day of the week over people like AH & others who are always in hot water.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN airing the hour special now on Romo at 8pm est. "The will to throw up all over yourself"

Should be fun watching him learn this trait as a child growing up. Heard his father was strict like RG's. Wanted his son to be the best at his craft. Heard he made Tony fumble snaps 200 times a day, everyday. :laugh3:

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel just the opposite. They touched just enough on his childhood. Just enough to let you know the influence of his parents, how he adopted a healthy diet early on, his competitiveness, etc. Anything more would probably be a bit boring & contrived to a certain degree.

I really like seeing the specifics of the rehab & especially how hard he worked even during the time leading up to his wedding (when most would take some time off). Honestly - his on field exploits & workouts are more interesting than his off field stuff since he is charismatic but kind of boring during that time (unlike say Cooley). Don't get me wrong - I will take boring any day of the week over people like AH & others who are always in hot water.

I hear ya, I guess I just wanted espn to touch more on his intellect as much a his will and drive as an athlete, people really think he's another Vick or Young, nothing could be further from the truth, RGIII is going shock alotof these haters this season, he's much more than a running WB.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit disappointed myself. I wanted to see more of what he was like outside of football. It was cool and all, but just not what I was expecting I suppose.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy'fans mailing rg3 dallas cups for a wedding gift with a notes saying we going beat you :L

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit disappointed myself. I wanted to see more of what he was like outside of football. It was cool and all, but just not what I was expecting I suppose.

As I alluded to earlier - I really don't believe that there is much more to the guy off the field (or at least things that he wants to share with everyone). They kind of touched on this in the special. He stated that he was a homebody. I have also heard from people the knew him growing up that he was kind of a geek (in a good way). Given the time he spends working out & studying his craft (& fulfilling sponsor reqts) I don't believe there is much time left for off-field activities. Again - I love the fact that he is this way - this team doesn't need anymore off field drama.

Trust me - if there is anything that warrants having a special of this type to be aired it will be on TV soon enough. One thing we don't have to worry about for quite some time is a lack of media exposure for RG3.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN airing the hour special now on Romo at 8pm est. "The will to throw up all over yourself"

Should be fun watching him learn this trait as a child growing up. Heard his father was strict like RG's. Wanted his son to be the best at his craft. Heard he made Tony fumble snaps 200 times a day, everyday. :laugh3:

Are you sure that special would not actually be about McNabb?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, I guess I just wanted espn to touch more on his intellect as much a his will and drive as an athlete, people really think he's another Vick or Young, nothing could be further from the truth, RGIII is going shock alotof these haters this season, he's much more than a running WB.

Not like Vince Young. But Steve Young, yes.