• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rex redemption pre game vs giants

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should he move on from sherff
Because he is a walking injury machine and has been on IR the past 3 years for 3 different injuries.
I can absolutely see why some would have this take. Fair.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went with bostic who leads the team in tackles .
Bostic is grading out as the worst MLB in the NFL. It was a bad call. We all saw that coming.
He does lead the team in tackles...which says something. But you are correct he has also shown some really bad play...including that hit on Dalton

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed Davis to compete , he didn’t and was cut with no cost to us
No he signed him to start. That was evident. It was yet another mistake
Possible. No way to really know here, imo. And opinions will vary.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we had the 6th highest cap room in the NFL. If you can't make that cap space work, then we hired the wrong guy.
I can see why you’d feel this way. Might I suggest that given COVID and possible cap dollars dropping next year due to stadium revenue losses...one different and more optimistic explanation might be he was saving it for big action next year.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair here, this off season was fraught with COVID and no pre season.

I’m not sure how you can properly evaluate any players in such circumstances until you actually play real games :noidea:

How would you evaluated them? Last years play? Old film work that doesn’t offer the opportunity for any possible growth, different system, etc?
That is what Smith said in his Combine presser. Maybe he lied?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why you’d feel this way. Might I suggest that given COVID and possible cap dollars dropping next year due to stadium revenue losses...one different and more optimistic explanation might be he was saving it for big action next year.

Forgive me for not buying excuses. Not attacking you but just excuses in general with this team. This organization/fanbase always has an excuse. We have been bad for so long we are getting very skilled at coming up with excuses. We are becoming the Cubs of the NFL.

We always complained about Vinny using the cap recklessly. That was an excuse.
We just had the 6th highest CAP room available. COVID then came. That was an excuse.
We swore if we got rid of Bruce, we would get on the right track. Bruce is gone but we have a first time football czar who needs time. That is an excuse.

Not taking this out on you but I am sure we will have another excuse next year and the year after that. I told Skinsdad to just fax me the pre-arranged excuse for next year so I can prepare to deal with that. I am sure planning for the 2022 excuse is already underway and waiting to get the thumbs up.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely possible, agreed.
Maybe it was the equivalent to coach speak?
Like when Alabama plays East Idaho State. Saban always says "Well, its going to be a tough hard fought game"

Bama wins by 60.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has graded out as the worst starting MLB in the league. Take a look
He likely won’t stay, imo. Timing and the right player just hasn’t happened yet. Keep in mind, only my opinion.

I mean you have a D that is currently kicking ass as a unit RIGHT NOW. From PFF I might add. JDR has been changing and experimenting with different players. I’m not sure what more you can ask for immediately myself.

And to my continued thought, the areas of greatest weakness lay on O right now...I’m hoping that is where the bulk of attention is on right now personally.

If we win this lame ass division it will because our D out performed our wildest imaginations this year...and our O played ball security complimentary football.

JMHO

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me for not buying excuses. Not attacking you but just excuses in general with this team. This organization/fanbase always has an excuse. We have been bad for so long we are getting very skilled at coming up with excuses. We are becoming the Cubs of the NFL.
100% fair

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likely won’t stay, imo. Timing and the right player just hasn’t happened yet. Keep in mind, only my opinion.

I mean you have a D that is currently kicking ass as a unit RIGHT NOW. From PFF I might add. JDR has been changing and experimenting with different players. I’m not sure what more you can ask for immediately myself.

And to my continued thought, the areas of greatest weakness lay on O right now...I’m hoping that is where the bulk of attention is on right now personally.

If we win this lame ass division it will because our D out performed our wildest imaginations this year...and our O played ball security complimentary football.

JMHO

The defense is getting better but we are also playing crap teams.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We always complained about Vinny using the cap recklessly. That was an excuse.
We just had the 6th highest CAP room available. COVID then came. That was an excuse.
We swore if we got rid of Bruce, we would get on the right track. Bruce is gone but we have a first time football czar who needs time. That is an excuse.
Could be. Given our history, I totally get it.

But sometime a cigar is just a cigar too. These things are not always so black and white. Actually this team is all grey, all the time, which has been the problem in terms of credibility.

Depends on your point of view in the end.

And time will tell us if this is yet another Lucy yanking the football from Charlie Brown moment.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is getting better but we are also playing crap teams.
We are playing who is in front of us. Opportunistic, kicking ass Football on D. And I’ll take that over what I’ve seen year after year, any day personally :)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what money ?
Again, we had the 6th highest cap room in the NFL. If you can't make that cap space work, then we hired the wrong guy.

Again the guy comes in to a 3 win team and wants to see what he has .
That literally makes no sense. It was a 3 win team and he had all offseason to review the team. Smith even admitted they did a complete and thourough review of each player and position. We literally had the worst offense in 2019. What does he need "confirm"? Was Smith lying? If he didn't know what he had...he should not have taken the job.

Why should he move on from sherff
Because he is a walking injury machine and has been on IR the past 3 years for 3 different injuries.

He went with bostic who leads the team in tackles .
Bostic is grading out as the worst MLB in the NFL. It was a bad call. We all saw that coming.

He also has a healthy Holcomb on a 11 th ranked defense overall
Holcomb has played well.

He signed Davis to compete , he didn’t and was cut with no cost to us
No he signed him to start. That was evident. It was yet another mistake

And you wonder why people leave this board???? I lose brain cells posting to some of these responses. IF you are going to be emotional and not think these thing through, don't respond.
more baseless crap because you simply dont like RR we didnt have cap room to sign a lot of guys . our defense has improved immensely and none of your gets changes that

you are wrong about davis and just because the press hypes it doesnt make it so . his contract was dirt poor

if people leave this board because of differences of opinion on football matters then good riddance , they arent mature enough to be here and this board is by far the most active team board on the forum

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more baseless crap because you simply dont like RR we didnt have cap room to sign a lot of guys . our defense has improved immensely and none of your gets changes that

you are wrong about davis and just because the press hypes it doesnt make it so . his contract was dirt poor

if people leave this board because of differences of opinion on football matters then good riddance , they arent mature enough to be here and this board is by far the most active team board on the forum

Sounds good....

Adios!

Please include me with the ever growing list of veteran posters who have left for greener pastures. As feedback, differences of opinion and "maturity" have nothing to do with it.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now dad, you are driving posters away with some of your rhetoric and insults. Your opinion is just that, just like Dukes. Telling a poster that their take on things is completely wrong (albeit it might be) or calling them immature because you simply don't agree with their stance on things is completely wrong and not the job of a moderator. ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE DAD, LEARN IT! Keep it positive my friend. :noidea: :nod:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad didn't do anything that duke didn't do.

duke left once before. No one HAS to agree with his opinion, at the same time he has the right to make an opinion. Leaving is 5th grade crap. It is a forum, folks are going to have different opinions.

deanpet and dad have a difference of opinion all the time. No one "leaves." Use the freaking ignore button if you don't like someones posts. If you put everyone on ignore then it is probably a good time to leave.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good....

Adios!

Please include me with the ever growing list of veteran posters who have left for greener pastures. As feedback, differences of opinion and "maturity" have nothing to do with it.
if you cant stop getting upset with people who have a different view of things and leave because you cant force your opinions on them , nor have a debate without threatening to or actually leaving over a stupid football team then maturity certainly is a huge issue