• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rex redemption pre game vs giants

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the massive market for anderson and DH was off the charts . there was no market
So you are telling me that there is no market for our players? Outside of a handful of core players, everyone should have been available. We need the draft picks badly. Not only that, but a good front office gets things done. The fact that we had to settle for such a lousy trade for Trent Williams is evidence that RR and Smith are clueless.
We know that the lack of talent here is beyond absurd but RR has not really improved the talent either. Outside of Young, Gibson and Fuller....he did not really do anything.

If teams made no offers to us...we are worse off than we thought. We know that they have no real eye for free agents so that means the draft will supply the talent.

We are looking at a 5 year rebuild. If RR is still around, a good portion of the fans will be out.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m more of the thought that RR didn’t see value in any trades offered. He would rather stick with what he has. No malice or ineptitude involved. Simply opinion.

And I am afraid that will be the theme of his tenure. His lack of strategy is disturbing. I disagree completely with his "wait and see" and "see what he has" approach. He had an offseason to evaluate players and Smith even said that they did a full review of the team prior to the draft and FA. If he didn't know what he had, he should have never taken the job. This isn't High School football where you "coach up" the players. The NFL is about talent and we clearly do not have that.

Another problem is that he has NO experience with trades outside of the Williams and Dunbar trade. Neither does Smith. He either believes:

1. We are on the right path and should not trade picks for players.
2. The players we have are contributing and will do so in the future.

I do not believe we are on the right path and believe we are hoovering around the terrible mark. I see no improvement at all. I do believe we should have not traded picks for players. That was a good call.

I believe RR will be fired within 2-3 years due to:

1. Not developing and undermining DH.
2. Not bringing in enough talent.
3. Making poor personnel decisions.

His first offseason was a disaster. I would be interested in hearing other fans opinions on this. I believe Skins fans can be homers and think we are decent team and have a good front office regardless of the facts.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply have to wait and see how the season goes and what RR does. Too early for me to make any predictions. Or use past RR behaviors and choices as a referendum on what he’ll do 2-3 years from now. Not enuff data for me yet.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think adding Chase Young, Gibson, Fuller, finding a backup qb better than colt mccoy in Allen, finding an ascending talent at TE in Thomas, dealing with all the Dan Snyder/Redskins dysfunction, hiring a
Very competent d-coordinator, and beating cancer while providing a role model for a lot of young plauers on his team is a fucking GREAT first season as the head coach of our team, personally.

I didnt even mention covid.

And finally, he could Mike McCarthy.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think adding Chase Young, Gibson, Fuller, finding a backup qb better than colt mccoy in Allen, finding an ascending talent at TE in Thomas, dealing with all the Dan Snyder/Redskins dysfunction, hiring a
Very competent d-coordinator, and beating cancer while providing a role model for a lot of young plauers on his team is a fucking GREAT first season as the head coach of our team, personally.

I didnt even mention covid.

And finally, he could Mike McCarthy.
Compared to what we’ve seen since the hiring of Shanahan and the marvel of the 2012 season that ended in tragedy...I’d say we’ve got a winner.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am afraid that will be the theme of his tenure. His lack of strategy is disturbing. I disagree completely with his "wait and see" and "see what he has" approach. He had an offseason to evaluate players and Smith even said that they did a full review of the team prior to the draft and FA. If he didn't know what he had, he should have never taken the job. This isn't High School football where you "coach up" the players. The NFL is about talent and we clearly do not have that.

Another problem is that he has NO experience with trades outside of the Williams and Dunbar trade. Neither does Smith. He either believes:

1. We are on the right path and should not trade picks for players.
2. The players we have are contributing and will do so in the future.

I do not believe we are on the right path and believe we are hoovering around the terrible mark. I see no improvement at all. I do believe we should have not traded picks for players. That was a good call.

I believe RR will be fired within 2-3 years due to:

1. Not developing and undermining DH.
2. Not bringing in enough talent.
3. Making poor personnel decisions.

His first offseason was a disaster. I would be interested in hearing other fans opinions on this. I believe Skins fans can be homers and think we are decent team and have a good front office regardless of the facts.

Do you dont know if there were any offers for DH ,Rk, or Anderson so how can you make this claim? Do you really think he turned down 2nd or 3rd round picks for those guys? Plus if DH had this short of a leash why wasn't Tua considered at #2 in the draft? If RR was that high on Allen why bother starting DH week 1? As of right now RR put all his chips in on Allen. Plus he tried to bring in FA talent like Hooper and Cooper so you cant fault him for that.

Its not a normal year b/c of Covid. Mistakes were going to be made. Bottom line is that this team can still win the division.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to what we’ve seen since the hiring of Shanahan and the marvel of the 2012 season that ended in tragedy...I’d say we’ve got a winner.

Well, at the very least, we have a bunch of smart adults running the show now.
That’s a HUGE improvment from the likes of Zorn, Spurrier, Gruden/Manusky.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, RR’s missteps have been the following:

Starting Troy Apke, who is an athlete but not a good football player

Fucking around with Haskins, especially if there is nothing happening behind the scenes.

That’s about it so far. This was not a good team.
Now, at least, there is evidence that coaches on both sides of the ball are trying to maximize the talents of the players they have.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fucking around with Haskins, especially if there is nothing happening behind the scenes.

Now, at least, there is evidence that coaches on both sides of the ball are trying to maximize the talents of the players they have.
I would add:

Signing Sean Davis to be our starting FS
Failing to address the OLine..LT and LG mostly
Not movng on from Scheriff
Not addressing the WR position
Not addressing the TE position
Not addressing MLB position

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add:

And what I fear is:
He thought Davis and eventually Apke was our starting FS
Signing Lucas & others while drafting Charles (RD 4) was the answer at LT
Not resigning Flowers to play LG
His answer was Inman
His answer was Thomas
His answer was T. Davis

My fear is that he doesn't know how to evaluate talent or he is simply throwing players at a lost season in his first year of which he initially didn't think the team could compete for the NFCE title and for some unknown reason, he thinks he can now at 2-5. Sheezzzzzzzzz......

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015-2017 the team was one game over .500. No, not great but one of the better periods in the Snyder era. Yes they went 10-6 in 2012 then fell on their face again.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were a football coach and you had a guy who ran 4.28 and you wanted to play a base defense with a single high safety it would make sense to give that guy a chance. From all reports he played well in a limited camp. After 4 or 5 game stint he was replaced. Did it work, no .... was there a reason to try it. Yes.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what I fear is:
He thought Davis and eventually Apke was our starting FS
Signing Lucas & others while drafting Charles (RD 4) was the answer at LT
Not resigning Flowers to play LG
His answer was Inman
His answer was Thomas
His answer was T. Davis

My fear is that he doesn't know how to evaluate talent or he is simply throwing players at a lost season in his first year of which he initially didn't think the team could compete for the NFCE title and for some unknown reason, he thinks he can now at 2-5. Sheezzzzzzzzz......

Its a cluster for sure. I think he is in over his head and should simply coach the team. He and Smith swung for the fences for Cooper and Hooper and struck out. They had no plan B and it shows. Nothing ever goes according to plan but RR and Smith forgot that I suppose.

They went dumpster diving to fix massive holes in the team. He brough in journeymen and cast offs to start. I think he over-rates himself as a coach. Keep in mind, he had 3 winning seasons out of 9. Let that sink in.

The biggest mistake we made was not hiring RR...it was annointing him the supreme dictator of the team. He is an average coach...I think we agree. But like you, his talent evaluation and putting a bandaid on an amputation is going to get him run out of town. We literally had the NFL's worst offense in 2019 and his answer was to bring in Logan Thomas and JD McKissic with Cornelious Lucas.

With respect to the draft, lets look here:

Young = no brainer pick and has been good
Gibson = talented and should improve but is 25th in rushing in the NFL
Charles = chronically hurt
Gandy-Golden = nothing noticable
The only other pick who has contributed was Curl. We are half way done and at this point, I think we get a B-. We still have time of course and next year will be a better view of what we have.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d add the bizarre mixed messaging (as long as the message to the locker room was consistent...I’m ok with it, but I sure wish he just said no comment or I’m not prepare to go into that during pressers.) and strange behaviors in the first few games...no time outs, white flagging it, in game test for DH.

Wonder if he regrets that now...given the state of the NFCE

Which by the way...looks like Matthew Stanford is out on the Covid list (likely back for the Skins game, back up Chase Daniel) and they shut the entire 49ers facility down today, in addition to Garrapolo being out likely for our game against them.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add:

First if all, nobody hits on every free agent signing. Period.

Davis was bad, Logan Thomas was outstanding.

He drafted charles, signed schweitzer and lucas and somebody else, and the redskins had already drafted martin, christian, and pierbacher, and found an adequate backup in timon parris. I’m sure I’m forgetting somebody.

He tried to address wr with Lattimore, and our wrs were pretty good last year - mclaurin, harmon, sims. He settled on Inman who is ok. He also drafted AGG, and envisioned AG and JD McK as options out of the backfield.

He tried to address lb depth with foster returning and thomas davis, and cole holcomb.

Look: does RR need to improve in some areas?
Of course he does!

But this sure does feel like the beginnings of a solid foundation being laid in washington to me!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add:

With what money ? Again the guy comes in to a 3 win team and wants to see what he has .

None of your so called “ gets “ change a thing

Why should he move on from sherff

Have you been watching Thomas ? Seems like he is at least a TE 2

He went with bostic who leads the team in tackles . He also has a healthy Holcomb on a 11 th ranked defense overall

He signed Davis to compete , he didn’t and was cut with no cost to us

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what money ? Again the guy comes in to a 3 win team and wants to see what he has .

He went with bostic who leads the team in tackles . He also has a healthy Holcomb on a 11 th ranked defense overall

I think we are supposed sign those big name FAs like Archuleta, Haynesworth and those two DLineman from Dallas that worked so well or trade half a team for a Jason Taylor.:thumb:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With what money ?
Again, we had the 6th highest cap room in the NFL. If you can't make that cap space work, then we hired the wrong guy.

Again the guy comes in to a 3 win team and wants to see what he has .
That literally makes no sense. It was a 3 win team and he had all offseason to review the team. Smith even admitted they did a complete and thourough review of each player and position. We literally had the worst offense in 2019. What does he need "confirm"? Was Smith lying? If he didn't know what he had...he should not have taken the job.

Because he is a walking injury machine and has been on IR the past 3 years for 3 different injuries.

He went with bostic who leads the team in tackles .
Bostic is grading out as the worst MLB in the NFL. It was a bad call. We all saw that coming.

He also has a healthy Holcomb on a 11 th ranked defense overall
Holcomb has played well.

No he signed him to start. That was evident. It was yet another mistake

And you wonder why people leave this board???? I lose brain cells posting to some of these responses. IF you are going to be emotional and not think these thing through, don't respond.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the guy comes in to a 3 win team and wants to see what he has .
That literally makes no sense. It was a 3 win team and he had all offseason to review the team. Smith even admitted they did a complete and thourough review of each player and position. We literally had the worst offense in 2019. What d
To be fair here, this off season was fraught with COVID and no pre season.

I’m not sure how you can properly evaluate any players in such circumstances until you actually play real games :noidea:

How would you evaluated them? Last years play? Old film work that doesn’t offer the opportunity for any possible growth, different system, etc?