• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Revamped Bullpen

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, tonight gave us a terrific look at the new revamped bullpen. I have got to say that I am extremely impressed.

Feliz
Adams
Uehara
Lowe
Oliver
Tateyama
Feldman
O'Day

That is deep, dynamic and just plain nasty. Versatile as heck. Can annihilate both left handed hitters and right handed ones. Have guys that throw upper 90's and guys that get by with guile, movement and deception. They can literally take any teams strengths away from them late in the game.

Also, is there a better long man in the majors than Feldman? Heck, if he is healthy and right he might just be better than most team's number 3 guy. If this team makes the playoffs it is going to be a nightmare opponent for any team.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feldman may be in line to start next year if CJ takes his services elsewhere. Based on what I am seeing he might be a good candidate, and Ogando may become the new #1 unless Texas signs another SP in the offseason.

I have a feeling once Gentry comes back O'Day might be gone. Ron wants Naps and Torrealba in the lineup every day right now and rightfully so. Especially until Beltre gets back so he needs a third catcher.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I anticipate O'Day going back down because of the option already being burnt this year anyway. He'll be back up on Sept. 1 though or before in case of injury. He is like the #8 reliever and is better than most teams primary setup guy. The entire staff is deep as heck but not having a bona fide true #1 may bite them in the rear. I am anxious to find out.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is pretty close to having a true #1 in Harrison or Ogando. This has been Harrison's breakout year. He is only 25. His stuff is electric when it's working and it's working more often than not lately. That guy can indunce ground balls for a double play almost at will it seems.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is pretty close to having a true #1 in Harrison or Ogando. This has been Harrison's breakout year. He is only 25. His stuff is electric when it's working and it's working more often than not lately. That guy can indunce ground balls for a double play almost at will it seems.

I agree that both are very good. I don't think of either as a true ace yet but their stuff is very dynamic. Harrison just needed some seasoning and some confidence. His case is why you have to stick with these talented kids until they prove they aren't going to develop. In the past, the Rangers would have already given up on him long ago and wouldn't reap the rewards for all their time, energy and money. Harrison is the clearest indication that the Rangers have finally got their priorities straight and have decided to imitate the formula provided by the more successful franchises. I always thought their concentration on home runs was pretty clownish and misguided.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with all the hits and walks that Uehara and Adams have been giving up? Both had tremendous WHIPS before coming here. Seems a tad out of character.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably trying a little too hard. Both these guys came from teams well under .500 and were thrust into a pennant race with a pretty good club. Now the pressure is on and they want to win and deliver. It's easier to perform when it really doesn't matter much how you do on a given night. You can just relax and let your talents come through. Not the case here. They were brought in because we needed to revamp the bullpen. They're probably not quite comfortable yet as well. It wasn't that long ago they got here and don't feel quite at home yet in the clubhouse. I believe we will still feel the same way we did about them at the end of the season as we did at the trade deadline. They will be huge the remainder of the season and in October assuming we make it there.

Also, Adams and Uehara have gotten squeezed big time their last two times out. Not sure what that is all about, but that umpire at the plate last night was a freaking joke. Screwed us and the M's multiple times at the plate last night.