• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Retired Vegas cop says Tupac's last words were

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a common misconception that Tupac was a gangster or rapped about nothing but gangster rap. Most of his songs that people view as "gangster" were really cautionary tales. He also has a ton of songs that don't involve drive bys, calling women bitches, etc etc.

He recorded more songs during his short career than most rappers do in their entire lives. Most people simply haven't delved very far into his catalog honestly.

Probably describes me pretty perfectly. Once rap went into the gangster rap stuff, I stopped listening and pretty much have it all lumped in together.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer R & B and blues to the gangster rap shit that is put out nowadays.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the songs I posted are a perfect example of Tupac's way to convey a message through music, one of the best ways we are able to hear it. And wether or not you can relate to it is pretty much irrelevant.....if you studied English in HS and have appreciaton for wordplay.....just listen to the way he spits it. Classic and epic.

IMO.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanilla Ice < Tupac < Beastie Boys:heh:

Seriously, hope his family has a peaceful day.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably describes me pretty perfectly. Once rap went into the gangster rap stuff, I stopped listening and pretty much have it all lumped in together.

At least you are open-minded enough to consider that as a possibility, some aren't.

Part of the reason why I respect Tupac so much as an artist is because he could make a song like "Hit em Up" and turn around and write songs like these. True artists to me are capable of writing songs about anything, some songwriters are one trick ponies and write about the same thing over and over. When someone is able to encapsulate the different aspects and emotions of life, it's very impressive to me.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tupac was a confused young man, like a lot of young black men. He was effeminate acting when he was a part of Digital underground but he eventually molded himself into the stereotypical gangster and thug that society typically identifies young black men as because he wanted to sell records and needed that all important "street cred." He may have grown up in poor areas but he was no gangster or thug (he went to a school for gifted students), but he hung out with those types of people.

Lyrically? He was a fucking genius on the mic. You don't have to be a fan of rap to appreciate it. Just listen to it and appreciate the word play he uses. If you can't identify with what he raps about, just listen to the depth and flow. He raps about teen pregnancy, racial injustice, healthcare, war, politics, black on black crime, all kinds of shit.

I agree with Marlon Wayans that he would have become a leader in the community and advancement for real change. That was his true calling.

Not many rappers, if any, could give speeches in their community.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you are open-minded enough to consider that as a possibility, some aren't.

Part of the reason why I respect Tupac so much as an artist is because he could make a song like "Hit em Up" and turn around and write songs like these. True artists to me are capable of writing songs about anything, some songwriters are one trick ponies and write about the same thing over and over. When someone is able to encapsulate the different aspects and emotions of life, it's very impressive to me.

I try to stay open minded about things, especially music. I get some crazy looks from friends of mine when I hit shuffle and the songs I have downloaded in my phone start playing. I'll never be a rap fan, but I still come across songs that I like every now and then. I like the California Love song (didn't know it was Tupac), I like a couple by Eminem and a couple from Snoop Dogg or Lion or whatever he is now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better days is one I missed.

Excellent.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayou Tiger bullshitted all my posts? :lol:

Sad little troll.