• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Retired Vegas cop says Tupac's last words were

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His buddies cremated him and mixed has ashes with weed and smoked him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was (still am) a fan of tupac. I appreciated the article. no way to know if it is true. but sounds legit. I miss mid 90s rap music.
I hate rap music but then one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate rap music but then one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

I was lucky enough to be able to appreciate a bunch of different culture's music. My father was a huge country fan and I've always personally preferred rock and hip-hop. Not everyone can be eclectic though and not everyone can understand what it's like to grow up in a poor area. Like you said, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was lucky enough to be able to appreciate a bunch of different culture's music. My father was a huge country fan and I've always personally preferred rock and hip-hop. Not everyone can be eclectic though and not everyone can understand what it's like to grow up in a poor area. Like you said, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I liked that old school rap like Grandmaster Flash and Sugar Hill Gang. Still listen to some of that. Don't have much use for gangster rap though.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that old school rap like Grandmaster Flash and Sugar Hill Gang. Still listen to some of that. Don't have much use for gangster rap though.

It's a common misconception that Tupac was a gangster or rapped about nothing but gangster rap. Most of his songs that people view as "gangster" were really cautionary tales. He also has a ton of songs that don't involve drive bys, calling women bitches, etc etc.

He recorded more songs during his short career than most rappers do in their entire lives. Most people simply haven't delved very far into his catalog honestly.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tupac was a confused young man, like a lot of young black men. He was effeminate acting when he was a part of Digital underground but he eventually molded himself into the stereotypical gangster and thug that society typically identifies young black men as because he wanted to sell records and needed that all important "street cred." He may have grown up in poor areas but he was no gangster or thug (he went to a school for gifted students), but he hung out with those types of people.

Lyrically? He was a fucking genius on the mic. You don't have to be a fan of rap to appreciate it. Just listen to it and appreciate the word play he uses. If you can't identify with what he raps about, just listen to the depth and flow. He raps about teen pregnancy, racial injustice, healthcare, war, politics, black on black crime, all kinds of shit.

I agree with Marlon Wayans that he would have become a leader in the community and advancement for real change. That was his true calling.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a common misconception that Tupac was a gangster or rapped about nothing but gangster rap. Most of his songs that people view as "gangster" were really cautionary tales. He also has a ton of songs that don't involve drive bys, calling women bitches, etc etc.

He recorded more songs during his short career than most rappers do in their entire lives. Most people simply haven't delved very far into his catalog honestly.

Exactly.