• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RESIGN EARL THOMAS!!!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a way, a mean dark side of me in a way wants them to tag him and say oops you're not going no where. then have him ride the bench for 6-7 games then trade him for pennys.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think if the Hawks had caved in and gave him the 14 million a year he wanted w/ a huge signing bonus... Then he breaks his leg yesterday after signing that rich of a deal... Do you think he would've given the Hawks the middle finger then while being carted off the field? no way... He'd be laughing his way into the sunset...

Then we'd have everyone ripping on the Hawks for caving in and giving him the money he was demanding...

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, the Hawks will have paid him over 55 million dollars throughout his career so far... The Hawks aren't entitled to take care of him on a 3rd contract... I stand behind the Hawks decision to stay pat...

Agreed. Plus, I've seen a lot of players and agents applauding Earl for being a "team player" even though it cost him.

He didn't come back because of his desire to be the ultimate team player. He came back because he didn't want to miss game checks. Nothing wrong with that, but I think the victimization of Earl Thomas needs to slow down a bit.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buh-bye, Earl. Thanks for the great years and great memories, but I don't want your attitude on this team anymore. All good things....

So glad now we didn't invest in this guy after 2018, but definitely regretful we didn't take whatever deal was on the table when we had the chance.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Plus, I've seen a lot of players and agents applauding Earl for being a "team player" even though it cost him.

He didn't come back because of his desire to be the ultimate team player. He came back because he didn't want to miss game checks. Nothing wrong with that, but I think the victimization of Earl Thomas needs to slow down a bit.

He's been definitely playing the "victim mentality" card with the media and fans... Truth be told... It was his own choice/actions that led to him missing out on greater opportunities financially... He needs to be giving himself the finger...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever,you said he is "possibly faking a injury", thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard on this board....the guy is a warrior. Ridiculous.....

how much would it cost him to pay off a doctor to give a fake diagnosis?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$531,250 per game.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman’s and Thomas’s self importance had become to great

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd time he's broken the same leg so i don't see teams viewing it as, "minor"... Not sure how much he'll get... Depends on the interest and market at that time...
I thought it was his femur last time. This time it looked like a tibia

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was his femur last time. This time it looked like a tibia
I am pretty sure it was not a broken femur last time. Was 1 of the 2 bones in the lower leg.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure it was not a broken femur last time. Was 1 of the 2 bones in the lower leg.
Ok. I was trying to remember the last one and I thought the hit was higher on his leg but that was off memory.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief.

What a jilted lot of angsty snowflakes we are.

Thanks for the memories Earl. You never ever gave up on plays.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief.

Well, I think if people think we need understand Earl's emotion in the moment, then these same people need to understand why others may be fed up with the guy's antics. To the crowd who thinks what he did is no big deal and we should just excuse it as an emotional reaction, I ask where then do we the draw the line? Is there no behavior that is unacceptable?

I appreciate all his great years of play, but I don't think that means I have to never have a problem with anything he does.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief.

Don't get me wrong. I respect the player and those memories that he gave are going to live a lifetime.

But how can you condone his conduct this season?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. I respect the player and those memories that he gave are going to live a lifetime.

But how can you condone his conduct this season?
The guys on 710 were just talking about this, and I think Jim Moore hit it right on the head. Essentially: people are saying give ET some slack, but after all the stunts he's pulled at some point you can no longer give slack and it's just time to rid yourself of the headache. First it was the "come get me" crap after the Dallas game, then the hold-out, then the not practicing thing when he came back, and now flipping off his own team? Last straw for me. I could deal with him getting burned a bunch of times yesterday, but showing such disrespect to your own team just doesn't have an excuse. Can't wait to cheer for Tedric Thompson as the starting FS.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think if people think we need understand Earl's emotion in the moment, then these same people need to understand why others may be fed up with the guy's antics. To the crowd who thinks what he did is no big deal and we should just excuse it as an emotional reaction, I ask where then do we the draw the line? Is there no behavior that is unacceptable?

I appreciate all his great years of play, but I don't think that means I have to never have a problem with anything he does.

Because I think the 'line' being drawn in this thread is silly doesn't mean I don' think there's a line.

I see a lot of grown men reacting like 13 year old girls.

There's a LOT of stuff that NFL players do routinely that the members of the Seahawks defence from the last six or seven years have never done.

Would I have chosen to flip off the sideline? Nope.

I just don't think the reaction today, OR the reaction during his (or Kam's before him) job actions are justified.

I don't expect NFL players to always act like choirboys. Just like I wouldn't expect those under your command to do so either.

Doesn't mean that there's no line, OR that I'd have a problem with a line being established.

Where the line is, is exactly the question. I, like Pete, lean towards giving Earl some leeway.

Apparently by this thread, that's an unpopular opinion.