• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining Free Agents

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are (if any) the remaining free agents that you guys think would help us this season?

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corvey Irvin was just released. I think adding him to our DT rotation will make the best DT rotation in the league. I think Sedrick Ellis is still out there.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest ones are:

WR Brandon Lloyd: We got a developmental #2 WR in the draft, Corey Fuller, and all accounts are that he's a legit deep threat. 6'2" with 4.4 40 speed and great ball tracking skills sounds great. However, he'll need some time to grow into the role, and Lloyd would be a great one year stop-gap option, imo.

DT Sedrick Ellis: Ellis never lived up to his top ten draft status, but I think he'd be a great rotational option for us. We need another DT still, so a guy like Ellis would be a great low-cost option, imo.

DT Corey Williams: He's been an under-rated DT for us for a few years... I'd welcome him back into the rotation if he's willing to come off the bench rather than being a starter.

OLB Karlos Dansby: Dansby has been an ILB during his career, but I think he'd be a great option on the strong side for us for a couple of years while we develop our draft picks from last year. Look up Dansby's career stats- he's been massively productive for a long time. He was also a team captain for Miami last season, so he'd bring leadership.

No game-changers on my list, but there's still a few guys out there who could patch holes for us and play well enough to make a difference on the field...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corvey Irvin was just released. I think adding him to our DT rotation will make the best DT rotation in the league. I think Sedrick Ellis is still out there.

I think you might be mixing Corvey Irvin up with someone else. He has 11 career tackles and zero sacks over his 3 year career.

Sedrick Ellis, on the other hand, would be a great addition, imo.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Abraham or Dwight Freeney they would probably have more of an impact on the Rt side at this point or if Ansah has some trouble he could get his feet wet on the RT side. That way Jones moves to DT and fills the SLH role.

I like the idea of Llyod as a deep threat. My concern is he is on what his 5th team?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson Clabo or Eric Winston.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy we have no money

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy we have no money

Detroit is 6.75 million under the cap right now, but still have to sign their rookies to deals. Also -- if they work out an extension with Stafford, it will free up a large amount of money if needed for the Lions.

So if Detroit feels as if there is a player they want to bring in -- They shouldn't have much of a problem freeing up the cap space.

Now the problem is.............next year. Thanks to Suh reworking his deal and freeing up money so the Lions could sign players like Quin, Bush, Delmas, etc. His cap number in 2014 now sits at 21 million.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is 6.75 million under the cap right now, but still have to sign their rookies to deals. Also -- if they work out an extension with Stafford, it will free up a large amount of money if needed for the Lions.

So if Detroit feels as if there is a player they want to bring in -- They shouldn't have much of a problem freeing up the cap space.

Now the problem is.............next year. Thanks to Suh reworking his deal and freeing up money so the Lions could sign players like Quin, Bush, Delmas, etc. His cap number in 2014 now sits at 21 million.

The cap hits for Staff will add to the already huge hits from Suh and CJ. Almost wish Staff did not do his until next year.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy we have no money
That's not particularly true.

We had a little over $7 million heading into the draft. We need $$ to sign all the rookies, but we also had no problem creating cap space in free agency to sign the guys we wanted.

Plus, anyone left on the free agent market will be playing for pretty damn cheap, especially given how team-friendly the first wave of free agency was this year. These left over guys will get even less...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a little over $7 million heading into the draft. We need $$ to sign all the rookies, but we also had no problem creating cap space in free agency to sign the guys we wanted.

Out of curiosity -- Is the guy that always talked about Cap Space here on this site? Just wondering what the cap hit for Suh in 2014 is going to do to the Lions, as I read his cap hit next year is going to be 21 million dollars.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary part of these cap hits are going to be two years from now. Between our big three it will almost be half our cap space. Well at least in the 50 million range...

Was lionstop1 the cap guy???

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary part of these cap hits are going to be two years from now. Between our big three it will almost be half our cap space. Well at least in the 50 million range...

For that reason our draft picks have to pan out and turn into solid players.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meow, meow,meow meow,

meow, meow meow meow

Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow meow meow meow.

Is that the right amount of meows? Someone sing it out loud.

Anyone else feel like kibbles n bits yet?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meow, meow,meow meow,

meow, meow meow meow

Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow meow meow meow.

Is that the right amount of meows? Someone sing it out loud.

Anyone else feel like kibbles n bits yet?

Don't like kibbles n bits... but I like each g me some meow meow!!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like we get lucky and have the TE's all develope and replace Pettigrew and Scheffler. Then get so lucky to have six practice squad guys pan out. Lions DO NOT these breaks.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's firelieu? Isn't he one of your buddys gandy? His post were always good. I havn't seen him on the Michigan or Lions boards.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Coach_Ed_LPW
Like we get lucky and have the TE's all develope and replace Pettigrew and Scheffler. Then get so lucky to have six practice squad guys pan out. Lions DO NOT these breaks.

That is one of the main reason the Lions had so many holes to fill this year. Outside the 1st round, our draft picks have been lackluster. Sammie Lee Hill is probably the best pick Mayhew made after the 1st two rounds and he was stuck playing behind 1st round picks of Suh and Fairley.

Couple that with the FA money having to be spent to fix mistakes made in the draft and you are left trying to fill out starting positions rookies and guys who are better fit as backups.

Hopefully this is the year when the Lions turn a corner and actually hit on a few picks outside the 1st round. It'd be huge if they did.