• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular Season

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this team is comparable to a wreck. No matter what people can't help but look.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For us diehard Reds' fans it's nearly part of our job description to watch or listen to the games. The biggest difference between work and Reds baseball is I drink coffee before I go to work..... the baseball is requiring something a little stronger.

Gosh.. ..I hope I don't become a alcoholic before things get better.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all new it was going to be a tough season. The 1st few weeks sort of fooled us into thinking this team was better than we though, and maybe even good enough to reach 75 to 81 wins
When the season started my goal or my hopes for the Reds was not to lose 100. After the 1st month of the season. I'm going to change that to, not lose 95 games. So anything over 67 wins I'll be happy. That should be enough to keep us out of last place. We already have 9, so 53 more wins to go

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H&R, Alcohol may be the only way to make it though a season, or seasons like this. I changed it to seasons, because this could go on for a few years.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess wins and losses are the most common measuring stick in determining where a team stacks up against the league. But I'm going to try and keep that in perspective when watching this process unfold. Whether the eventual outcome is 90 or more losses I'm going to view it as irrelevant. What I'm looking for in the near term is fundamental improvements. We can alleviate some of our dismay over the current state of non-competitiveness with sarcasm and humorous quips, but in the end we'd all rather be standing and cheering for the Redlegs.

Zack Cozart has gotten his share of bashing on this board. Now it's time to give the guy a little love for the great first month he's having. The only difference I notice is he's tucking his elbows in a little tighter. If you watch for it you'll see him flinching his elbows inwards during his pre-pitch routine. It's narrowed the distance between his elbows and has him on a much better plane to the ball. He hasn't been popping up or swinging and missing near as much. It's really showing dividends in his middle to opposite field hitting. For his career he's a .252 middle to opposite field hitter and that number has soared to .455 over the nice stretch he's currently enjoying. Much more difficult to make adjustments against a hitter spraying the ball from line to line. Can he keep it up? Not at the current .390 clip, but it shows he's made a adjustment and that's what I'm looking for from this team.

It's enough to keep me tuning in.

Last edited:

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that can go wrong with Cozart is what goes wrong with most hitters as the season wears on. They get sore hands, tired legs, just general grind-out fatigue. As much as approach matters, sustaining it is hard for hitters who aren't naturally gifted with great vision or a much easier position to play. This is particularly noticeable with middle infielders and catchers.

As far as expectations, we all have fingers crossed that some of these team-controlled young arms can pitch at or above league average. With 7 or 8 potential guys to choose from, we can expect to see innings governors on most of them. I am interested to see how they each progress in terms of command, pitch choice and health.

I remain high on Suarez, Duvall and Barnhart as the nucleus of a nice offense. These guys are prone to go into slumps, for sure, and that will inevitably reduce the team from a contender to simply being relevant. At least for now. Team speed is better, and they are getting better at-bats.

We know what the problem is and the only solution is to shove talent in from the top and force waste out at the bottom. I think this team will put together something of a second half that is based more on energy than skill. These guys have a taste of the Show and they will want to stay there.

As for rebuilding, I have decided to be weary of the "Astros project," seeing as how having one good year out of 5 only qualifies as success if you can avoid last place.

I add that as a qualifier on conversations regarding "rebuilding" teams. Houston ain't won nothin' yet and they aren't exactly impressing me with this team.

I still want Delino DeShields to have a shot at managing the Reds.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been tuning in most of my 65 yrs. No reason to stop now. And your right, There are some pluses on this team. Cozart is hitting as well as anyone. If he keeps it up he could be the starting SS in the All Star game. Suarez is continuing to hit the ball well. And his defense is a little better. There are a few guys in the bullpen that can get some outs.
I made a mistake its not 53 more wins to keep from losing 95, its 58. And I prefer not to call it sarcasm. Dry humor or humorous quips is better.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some lineup tonight, 4 guys batting under 180, not to mention the pitcher. DeJesus hits a HR last night so now he's batting 2nd. Is Dusty back?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price is completely clueless. I have wanted him replaced for a year and a half. Defending this stiff is not getting it.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mesoraco has ZERO pull power now. Expect Barnhart to win out as the top catcher.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds pitchers averaging about 2 walks every 4 innings.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moscot scrapped

chicken shit new york umpiring

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does Hamilton honestly believe he is a 2-strike hitter?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Hayes, whoever he is, is about 4 outs away from me officially not giving a shit about the rest of the season.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mesoraco 7 hits. Have we seen enough?
Price is too dense to notice.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Managers don't win many games but they win the games that they could win.
Price has proven to be able to lose 13 games in a row, 9 in a row, and 10 in a row. Now at least 5 out of 6.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat here and watched the entire game despite being tired. I can't believe I didn't fall asleep watching that boring game.

The Mets can't hit a lick and they just swept the Reds. The Reds actually had more hits than the Mets in the series. Walks and bad defense, who needs to hit to beat our Reds.

John Lamb pitched much better in his 3rd rehab start tonight. Prior to the game he was told he wasn't guaranteed to be called up by the big club. Amazing how the threat of being demoted lit a fire under his ass.

What is it exactly that Scott Schebler brings to the table?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price went on and on, according to Thom, about walks and how he wasn't going to put up with it.
Tonight, Welsh said, "it's like a kid who gets in trouble and gets a time out, and then the next time he does it, he doesn't get a time out." (something like that).
If walking guys was a big deal to Price, it clearly isn't after 100 of them in 23 games.

Schebler brings nothing to the team.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is a off day for the Reds and for the fans as well. If they're not playing they can't lose and we don't have to watch them lose.

Sounds like a win win for everyone.