• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular Season Rangers News

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Glenn Sather and Vigneault were down in Hartford today watching the Wolfpack. My guess is either a big trade is coming or they were really debating Kreider/Kristo ready for the jump to the NHL. My guess is a trade.

Anyways discuss all NYR news here

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me it sounds like someone getting moved up,

wouldn't sather be workin the phone instead

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, think somebody may be on the move soon.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers looking to deal Kreider for a top 6 forward! Hello Kane!!

According to Bruce Garrioch, in the Ottawa Sun, the Rangers are searching for a top-six forward and looking to trade Chris Kreider.

He says that Kreider was once a top prospect but he has fallen out of favor with the organization.

Kreider has 4 points in six games with 16 shots on goal.

In June, Garrioch reported that the Rangers were quietly shopping JT Miller to try and acquire more established players.

For more on Kreider, CLICK HERE.

Adam Rotter: If the Rangers are looking to deal Kreider, it would make some sense to keep him in Hartford where he is playing well and can re-establish his value. It could be a situation where the Rangers are only willing to part with Kreider for an established top-six forward rather than just trading him and getting a similar kind of prospect who may just need a change of scenery.

There was disappointment in the organization that Kreider didn’t grab a roster spot to start the year but the sense was that he is still a big part of their future.

Buzz: Are The Rangers Looking To Deal Chris Kreider? | SNY Rangers Blog

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At CBC, Elliotte Friedman writes that the Rangers appear to be one of the teams doing the most “exploring” when it comes to trying to make improvements to their roster.
Two other teams he lists are Metropolitan Division rivals, the Flyers and Devils.
Bruce Garrioch wrote yesterday in the Ottawa Sun that the Rangers are looking for a top-six winger.
The Rangers are currently over the salary cap by $85,517, due to Carl Hagelin being on LTIR, and need to get under when Hagelin is able to return next Tuesday.
The Rangers currently have 16 forwards (two on IR), 7 defensemen and two goalies.

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers using new PP lines and Hank is resting with a ''minor issue'' and is listed as day-to-day

12:48PM: Pat Leonard tweets Alain Vigneault saying that he isn’t 100% that Lundqvist will be able to play on Thursday night.
11:34AM: The Rangers twitter account says that the team is using two new PP units today at practice:
  • Michael Del Zotto and Brad Richards: Derek Stepan, Chris Kreider, Derick Brassard
  • John Moore and Ryan McDonagh, Benoit Pouliot, Brian Boyle and JT Miller
11:01AM: Pat Leonard and Steve Zipay tweet that Henrik Lundqvist is at the Rangers practice facility in Westchester but he isn’t practicing today due to a “minor issue.”
Zipay and Leonard noted that Lundqvist was on the ice before practice, without equipment, skating.
Zipay says that Lundqvist is being considered day to day.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Rangers play is so awful they are getting tips from the Wolfpack/Whale on how to actually play hockey.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank was skating with the scratches today, early indication he will be out tomorrow and Talbot will once again get the start. In Detroit tomorrow.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost seems as if AV has given up on this road trip, just based on his quotes & mannerisms. Guess I could understand with injuries to Rick Nash, Ryan Callahan, & Henrik Lundqvist. Really all the Rangers got going for them as of now is Brad Richards. Maybe the best thing to do is forget about this road trip & focus on the home opener vs Montreal.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost seems as if AV has given up on this road trip, just based on his quotes & mannerisms. Guess I could understand with injuries to Rick Nash, Ryan Callahan, & Henrik Lundqvist. Really all the Rangers got going for them as of now is Brad Richards. Maybe the best thing to do is forget about this road trip & focus on the home opener vs Montreal.

I've given up on this road trip as well. No chance we beat Detroit tomorrow. But 2 years ago was a rough start to the season and look how that turned out for us. Now we may not finish 1st in the East like 2 years ago, but this team can and will rebound.

Now going into Monday they better play their asses off, I spent a lot of money to be there and will spend a lot on alcohol to get me through it lol I really hope they feed off us in the crowd and the loud building and whoop Montreal's ass.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, home opener is really important. A chance to start turning things around.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've given up on this road trip as well. No chance we beat Detroit tomorrow. But 2 years ago was a rough start to the season and look how that turned out for us. Now we may not finish 1st in the East like 2 years ago, but this team can and will rebound.

Now going into Monday they better play their asses off, I spent a lot of money to be there and will spend a lot on alcohol to get me through it lol I really hope they feed off us in the crowd and the loud building and whoop Montreal's ass.

It was a rough start but we were still above .500 and we still had way more then 4 points. We have pretty much played ourselves out of contending with in the first month of the season.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of this AV, he seems to have a defeatist attitude. It's one thing for the fans to have given up on the road trip, but the coach shouldn't be giving up like that. I understand the odds are against them, but you still try your best. AV might as well skip out on the trip to Detroit and meet back with the team when they get back to NYC.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of this AV, he seems to have a defeatist attitude. It's one thing for the fans to have given up on the road trip, but the coach shouldn't be giving up like that. I understand the odds are against them, but you still try your best. AV might as well skip out on the trip to Detroit and meet back with the team when they get back to NYC.

I think he realizes he doesnt have the team he needs to win. and there is nothing he can do about it. He will regret taking the job by the end of the year.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, home opener is really important. A chance to start turning things around.

It was a rough start but we were still above .500 and we still had way more then 4 points. We have pretty much played ourselves out of contending with in the first month of the season.

We'll be fine, let's get home first. We continue to struggle, things will change.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NY Post, Larry Brooks reports that Rangers GM Glen Sather has had conversations with former Ranger Vinny Prospal, who is a UFA and training in the Czech Republic, and says that he would be a good fit for the Rangers.
He says that there are no indications yet that Sather is ready to offer Prospal a contract but also that Sather hasn’t shut the door on that being possible.
Brooks admits that Prospal would be coming to the Rangers as a 38-year old who may have trouble with the pace, but says that Prospal has always had those issues and has always produced.
Last season for Columbus, Prospal had 12 goals and 18 assists.
Prospal, from his time with the Rangers, Blue Jackets and with Brad Richards in Tampa Bay has played with 14 of the current Rangers.

I am all for a Vinny Prospal return, he may be 38 years old, but still has some game left in him. Performed well for Columbus last year and he is a better option than Pyatt and as of right now maybe even Zucc.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominic Moore doubtful for tomorrow

According to Larry Brooks, in the NY Post, Dominic Moore is doubtful for tomorrow’s game against the Sabres.

Moore suffered an upper body injury and didn’t return after the first period last night

Moore told Andrew Gross after the game that he was “good” but didn’t elaborate.

Brandon Mashinter is the only healthy forward on the roster who didn’t play on Tuesday.

Sucks, think he looked pretty good out there so far.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan is 7-10 days away from a return.

• On 7-10 days, “That sounds right. Sticking with the original 3-4 weeks.”
  • How was skating today, “It feels good. First day handling pucks, stick handling, it felt good.”
  • How frustrating has this been, “It’s extremely frustrating. I worked hard all summer to get back from the shoulder injury. I came back a little sooner than expected which was good and I felt good. I felt the last few games I was starting to feel my game, get back to it and then this happens. It’s frustrating but it’s part of the game. I have been been through injuries before and I just need to keep working and come back. “