• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs to crack down on illegal contact on defense

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, that is behind us now. We have enough misfortune without the NFL admins adding to it. Hopefully the reputation of the new staff should quell everything and we can go back to concentrating on football.

It won't change until we are consistantly winning. Because for whatever stupid ass reason, leagues believe that winning teams need help winning.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Schwartz being a royal douche bag to the refs all the time didn't help our cause all that much...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if I'm the one on the field deciding when to call a penalty and when not to, and one of the coaches, face purple and spittle flying everywhere, gets two inches from your face to ask "ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED!?", and not in his inside voice, mind you, well then calling penalties on that guy's team just became a lot easier.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today the NFL is putting a bigger focus on the 'condition' of the referees. They want to be sure their refs can keep up with the faster pace of the game when an offense goes into hurry-up.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if I'm the one on the field deciding when to call a penalty and when not to, and one of the coaches, face purple and spittle flying everywhere, gets two inches from your face to ask "ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED!?", and not in his inside voice, mind you, well then calling penalties on that guy's team just became a lot easier.

Come on TP, that's just fancy talk for blaming the refs....If you want to change it then beat the team your playing convincingly......Everyone knew it was Peytons Super Bowl to win, The Seahawks just owned the game and the field......The Refs couldn't fake shit if they wanted too.......

The Lions need to take the same approach......Take the Refs out of the equation by kicking the opponnets ass......The Lions don't do that.......They constantly are trailing in games and praying for miracles.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOT DAMMIT TPaul... you were not negative enough for Muzz.

Two posts slamming the organazation and you still come off to unicornish:L

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll shut up when we make the Playoffs, But until then the Lions deserve every bit of critiscism thrust upon them.....

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions need to take the same approach......Take the Refs out of the equation by kicking the opponnets ass......The Lions don't do that.......They constantly are trailing in games and praying for miracles.

Schwartz our game plan was passive and conservative and predictable. We'd try early to a lead then we'd go soft. Scared to take risks. Teams knew what we were about to do. Fans were calling it with crazy accuracy. But have new coaches. Hopefully we don't go soft with a three point lead this season.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All valid points. Kicking ass right out of the gate makes it difficult to have the game stolen from you. I think the new coaching staff being less predictable (especially on offense) will allow us the opportunity to do that.

This year we will get a much better idea of where we stand talent wise because of this.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More rules for the refs to try and remember and manage. Because they do so well doing it now.

Pretty obvious that even NFL refs don't completely understand all the new NFL rules.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the case -- it will help the Lions just as much as it will hurt them. The way I see it -- our DB's are going to get their fair share of PI's anyways, so what is a few more. When you have the most physically imposing WR in the NFL -- if they start calling more clutching and grabbing -- Calvin will be impossible to cover.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the case -- it will help the Lions just as much as it will hurt them. The way I see it -- our DB's are going to get their fair share of PI's anyways, so what is a few more. When you have the most physically imposing WR in the NFL -- if they start calling more clutching and grabbing -- Calvin will be impossible to cover.

Isn't that cute? MikeD thinks the refs will be watching the 'other' team when Calvin is on the field.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that cute? MikeD thinks the refs will be watching the 'other' team when Calvin is on the field.

I don't see why they wouldn't? Or are you saying the refs are against the Lions?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why they wouldn't? Or are you saying the refs are against the Lions?

On the whole, no. But think back to the games the Lions lost because of one critical call.

Now think back to all the games the Lions won because of one critical call.

See how that works? I know it isn't intentional, but it's hard to let go of.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the refs enforce the pick rule.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the refs enforce the pick rule.

The Patriots would be seven shades of fucked if they did, kind of surprised to see a Pats fan post that... I'm not even trying to be a dick, either, it's just that they're well-known for running picks with their wide-outs kind of a lot...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the whole, no. But THINK back to the games the Lions lost because of one critical call.

Now think back to all the games the Lions won because of one critical call.

See how that works? I know it isn't intentional, but it's hard to let go of.

I think we remember the calls that go against us, as we watch each and every game, and unfortunately -- wins are tough to come by at times for the Lions.

It happens to everyone though, not just Detroit. Seattle beat GB on a ridiculous call by the ref on a last second pass. NE won a game after getting a second chance after a phantom PI call in the end zone on the last play of the game. You could go on and on just over the last 5 years.

The reason why you can -- many games in the NFL are won and lost on 1 play at the end of the game. That is what makes the NFL so popular.