• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Redskins @ Ravens

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have an add blocker

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do we stop saying.... its only preseason??

Just curious. Because I realize its only preseason, but this is what we looked like in week 17 of the regular season last year.

One hella question...I suppose a lot of folks here will hang onto that until the next game. I am not among that group, because in the HOF game and the game Wednesday it was the first pre-season game for those teams as well yet not one played as uninspiringly as our guys did tonight. I'm not overly concerned yet but if we get a repeat next week I'm going to be.........

.upload_2017-8-10_22-35-51.png

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tevin Homer blows coverage

latest

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do we stop saying.... its only preseason??

Just curious. Because I realize its only preseason, but this is what we looked like in week 17 of the regular season last year.

Seriously? The difference between the end of last season & now hopefully should be the improvements on defense. However - I warned everyone about this previously - this will take time since you are dealing w/ a lot of younger players. It might take some of them till midseason to be really ready - you have to be patient - it is part of player development. You certainly can't expect everything to be ready by the 1st preseason game.

Beyond that - a lot of players either didn't play or played very little. Let's give this a little time before going too crazy. You need to be careful since you are almost portraying a Snyder like impatience towards this team. I am not ready to paint this as a 6-10 team simply based on last night's performance - we will see.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - the worst thing about last night was listening to Brian Billick's commentary on the Gamecast coverage. Man is he annoying. On these broadcasts he is such a homer. The way he talked I almost thought that he was talking about the Pats & not the Ravens. Granted the result & the terrible play of the Redskins justified some of his comments.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? The difference between the end of last season & now hopefully should be the improvements on defense. However - I warned everyone about this previously - this will take time since you are dealing w/ a lot of younger players. It might take some of them till midseason to be really ready - you have to be patient - it is part of player development. You certainly can't expect everything to be ready by the 1st preseason game.

Beyond that - a lot of players either didn't play or played very little. Let's give this a little time before going too crazy. You need to be careful since you are almost portraying a Snyder like impatience towards this team. I am not ready to paint this as a 6-10 team simply based on last night's performance - we will see.

OH dont get me wrong, I get it.. it was pre season game one. But of the two teams, one came out to show that they were taking it as a tool to get better, the Redskins from jump looked ill prepared. There were some flashes of hope in there (Marley, Allen and Anderson come to mind), but alot of that looked sloppy and ill prepared. I expected better from our starting O-line.

Flip side is, maybe this will be a wake up call that for all the sunshine coming out of Richmond, this team needs work still.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a hell of a big difference between last night and the Giants game. We schemed for the Giants, we did not do that for the preseason game. I would say the Ravens schemed a bit last night. Our Oline was bad. The Ravens brought a lot of blitzes and the Oline did not handle well. McCoy still sucks. Overall I was disappointed in our offense. No one stood out in the run game.

I thought the D played pretty well on many occasions. They got lucky on a few passes, guys were beat and the passes were bad or dropped. I thought overall the Dline and LBers showed well. I like Marley and #40 (Holsey-Cleamons?) I thought Ryan Anderson showed well. Taylor looked good, Murph was playing solid until he got hurt.

The team put plenty on tape for the coaches to ride their asses for the next week and a half. It is just a preseason game and their first at that. The part I would question is why did the Ravens seem to play harder than some of our players.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to add you think the pats are worried they got killed by the jags ... im saying there really is not one good thing came out of this game just keep chopping wood .. bright spot nico marley just the name alone sounds like he will be a stud whats sucks is we really have nothing to talk about even positive camp news im going to be like MEH .. next week green bay comes to fed ex we will have a good showing and after that the 3rd preseason game is at home to players will be more pumped .. on a ravens message board (not sportshoopla)they where talking how the ravens played too pumped up for what its worth

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I would question is why did the Ravens seem to play harder than some of our players.

This is the part that bothers me and maybe I came across wrong, but its also the part that reminded me of seasons past. This team always seems to take the first quarter, or in some cases the first three quarters of a game to realize... Oh fuck we are actually playing in a game. Baltimore came out as if the game mattered to a degree, even if in the long run it wont as far as season record. Alot of our guys looked like they were just phoning it in.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part that bothers me and maybe I came across wrong, but its also the part that reminded me of seasons past. This team always seems to take the first quarter, or in some cases the first three quarters of a game to realize... Oh fuck we are actually playing in a game. Baltimore came out as if the game mattered to a degree, even if in the long run it wont as far as season record. Alot of our guys looked like they were just phoning it in.[/QUOTE
what bothers me was after having the ball the first 12 plays on offense are net yards was at 0 thats stupid and unthinkable and frankly it makes me sick to my stomach preseason or not ...it was like joe gibbs 2.0 first preseason game back vs the jets if i rember right mark brunnel was like 2/16 for 18 yards wtf is that stat

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1991 Washington Redskins Schedule & Results | The Football Database

Just remember that the last time the Redskins won the SB they were 1-3 in preseason & basically stunk the place up. I still remember hearing people call into radio shows at that time & questioning what was wrong w/ the team. The Redskins proceeded to win their 1st 11 regular season games en route to a SB win.

I am not suggesting that anything close will happen this season - just to let this play out a bit. Again - lots of key players either didn't play or played very little. What you saw last night likely bares little resemblance to the team they will field on opening day vs. the Eagles. Also - I would rather this happen now then in the regular season. Hopefully this is a wakeup call & they get their butts chewed out over the next week & come out stronger. Time will tell.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1991 Washington Redskins Schedule & Results | The Football Database

Just remember that the last time the Redskins won the SB they were 1-3 in preseason & basically stunk the place up. I still remember hearing people call into radio shows at that time & questioning what was wrong w/ the team. The Redskins proceeded to win their 1st 11 regular season games en route to a SB win.

I am not suggesting that anything close will happen this season - just to let this play out a bit. Again - lots of key players either didn't play or played very little. What you saw last night likely bares little resemblance to the team they will field on opening day vs. the Eagles. Also - I would rather this happen now then in the regular season. Hopefully this is a wakeup call & they get their butts chewed out over the next week & come out stronger. Time will tell.
in 91 i was not even in america

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - just be happy that the Redskins didn't have one of their best players suspended for 6 games unlike a certain other team.