• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look no one is asking anyone to kiss the ring of anyone . that is just BS hyperbole . what is being said is stop panicking when guys you think we should sign dont . stop reading stuff into things that arent true and simply give the guy a chance to run the team his way . the guy had his team in a superbowl . far better then any coach we have had since 92

Ron Rivera is better than Shanahan or Joe Gibbs?

Skinsdad, you know thats not true. Shanahan actually won 2 SuperBowls and had a better record than Rivera ever has. Nobody has addressed the fact that RR only had 3 winning season in 9 freaking years! I didn't trust him the moment he accepted the job because didn't do a good job with the Panthers. Per Panther fans, RR was not involved in FA or the draft in Carolina and was just the coach. In other words, this is his first stab at running a draft and FA. He might be a good fit and he might not.

We all hope that he does a great job but by simply taking the job, that doesn't mean he has all the answers and we should blindly accept what he wants to do or is doing.

I am a Skins fan and support the team but I have serious doubts about Rivera and I would hope most fans do. That being said, the odd moves that have been made have been defended by some posters on here who appear to have blindly given allegance to him and Smith. This is Smith's first time at doing this and he said that in his Combine press conference. They are going to make mistakes. Dunbar torching the organization and now TW's agent demanding a trade do not paint Smith and RR in a good light. We are the only team who has had multiple players demand to get out this year. To confirm, this is both RR and Smith's dive into free agency and it is showing. I hope we win the Super Bowl next year and Rivera is coach of the year. However, the constant defending of every move and trade on the board by some posters here comes off as kissing the ring of RR and Smith. That might not be the intent but that is how it comes across.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke, just set back and relax man. Too many times you see these guys get the record breaking contracts only to not live up to them, because they’ve already given their all to get the contract. I like the idea of having the players that are going to give their all to try and earn the big one. I can’t believe what they offered for coop, might’ve just been to raise his price for the girls, he’s a good wr but not worth breaking the bank for.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Rivera is better than Shanahan or Joe Gibbs?

Skinsdad, you know thats not true. Shanahan actually won 2 SuperBowls and had a better record than Rivera ever has. Nobody has addressed the fact that RR only had 3 winning season in 9 freaking years! I didn't trust him the moment he accepted the job because didn't do a good job with the Panthers. Per Panther fans, RR was not involved in FA or the draft in Carolina and was just the coach. In other words, this is his first stab at running a draft and FA. He might be a good fit and he might not.

We all hope that he does a great job but by simply taking the job, that doesn't mean he has all the answers and we should blindly accept what he wants to do or is doing.

I am a Skins fan and support the team but I have serious doubts about Rivera and I would hope most fans do. That being said, the odd moves that have been made have been defended by some posters on here who appear to have blindly given allegance to him and Smith. This is Smith's first time at doing this and he said that in his Combine press conference. They are going to make mistakes. Dunbar torching the organization and now TW's agent demanding a trade do not paint Smith and RR in a good light. We are the only team who has had multiple players demand to get out this year. To confirm, this is both RR and Smith's dive into free agency and it is showing. I hope we win the Super Bowl next year and Rivera is coach of the year. However, the constant defending of every move and trade on the board by some posters here comes off as kissing the ring of RR and Smith. That might not be the intent but that is how it comes across.

having doubts is one thing , but the negativity over everything is another . since 92 did shanny or Gibbs go to a superbowl ? RR has let the guy run his team and for god's sake we havent taken an OTA snap yet and we are in hate mode

its pretty simple , give the guy a chance to put his program in place . that isnt blind alliance , its waiting and seeing what he does and then evaluate him success or failure

dunny and TW are guys who wont get with the program and quite frankly RR has nothing to do with TW's situation and dunny's situation and what he tweets indicate the same thing

Dunny has played 18 games in 2 yrs and was claiming he was a great CB while playing for an awful defense . the nerve damage in his leg makes things 50/50 for him

RR could be a disaster for this team . i dont care about getting rid of disgruntled players and frankly it should have been done long ago

if you are planning for a quick turn around from any coach we hire you will be disappointed and that is the majority of your problem

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I posted this not to highlight Cam . It as to show that RR went 15-1 with that WR group and that group isn’t any better then the one we have now

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he comes back it would be huge

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine if he slid

The big question is if he had lasted and was drafted by the Redskins is he the Tom Brady we have watched or a guy that is out of the league in three years?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question is if he had lasted and was drafted by the Redskins is he the Tom Brady we have watched or a guy that is out of the league in three years?

Drafted here, one of two things happen.

1. He's deemed a bust and is out of the league.

2. Deemed not good enough and goes elsewhere on his path to being the best of this generation's soft NFL greats. ( The "no defense" era)